“Best location in Sedona”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
“Best location in Sedona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Hyatt has ideally located on the top of a hill in the very center of Sedona. Its location offers near 360 degree views of the area from the pool. The service was excellent.

One of my favorite features are the gas fire pits with benches located in at least two places on this property. (There may be more, but I only saw two. One by our unit, and the other by the pool.) We stayed in a studio, which was smaller than I expected it to be, but for a long weekend, it worked out well. If I were staying for any more than a 2-3 nights, I'd pay for the space a one bedroom offers.

This location is also within walking distance of a Starbucks, Cold Stone, and a couple other restaurants we really enjoyed, in addition to art galleries. There are chairs and tables set up in common areas outside (like between Starbucks and Cold Stone) that offer amazing views!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brent T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed a week in a 2 bedroom unit. Loved the decor. Stayed 1st week in April and it was cold. Glad there was a fireplace in the living room. Staff was great. Before you book call and ask about your location as the majority of units have many step either up or down that you will need to walk to your unit. If you have mobility issues this will be very difficult. There are units where you do not have stairs, but very few. Also the place is very hilly. It is about a 2 hour drive from Phoenix, so with an late afternoon flight, driving 2 hours, it was dark upon arrival. Sedona has no lights. There are a few delivery rest. (pizza, very good and chinese) that will bring the food to your door. This was a life saver. Overall, if you do not mind the hills and the drive.this could be the vacation for you. Also had a sales presentation, talked with 2 different people, did not buy. Not as pushy as others.

Room Tip: views are wonderful. be prepared for many stairs, taking luggage up and down stairs as well as food...
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We really enjoyed this place and all of the amenities! We stayed in a studio condo which was very nice. We are not owners but were not bothered at all by the staff to listen to any sales talks. The Hyatt is in a prime location next to many shops (including Starbucks & Wildflower Baking Company) that are awesome. Room was clean and the view was beyond beautiful. Pool and hot tub area are great too. There is also a fire pit that is really relaxing to gather around at night. I cannot wait to go back. Sedona is one of my favorite vacation places. I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Stay in an upstairs unit if you do not want to hear people walking around. Walls and doors are very...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great place to stay. We had an upper unit 1621 2 bedroom lockout....Lockout..great for the kids... Very nicely decorated, great view of the rocks... Close to some shops and restaurants. You cannot beat the location as it is right uptown..so you can walk to everything. Pool very nice,Hot tubs to die for...BBQ grills were great..along withe the firepits.... tennis courts and fitness room. No room service or restaurant on site but restaurants right next door. The unit we had was like being at home. Grounds are very clean... My only complaint is that the pool, hot tubs an fire pit closes at 10...should be 11 if you ask me... 10 is too early and many nights when we were out there with others we were told it was shutting down... hotel needs to take note of that.. If people are still there ..then perhaps your hours need to be extended...at least until 11.. Other than this..we thought it was a great place to stay and would come back.. It is great when you have a full kitchen and you can cook instead of having to go out all the time. Grocery store is about a mile away. Great restaurants next door.. Wildflower cafe, starbucks , cold stone creamery and Sound bites Grill which has an excellent menu and views.. The shops at Pinion pointe are walking distance away.. We will be back

3 Thank jomarie99
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Sedona is beautiful and these condos are walking distance to down town. These adobe units are very high end and elegantly furnished. Our two BR unit had 1.5 kitchens and a fireplace. I was a bit disappointed in the location of the condo we were assigned to, with no view and a neighboring property undergoing noisy renovations all day (even Easter Sunday until 9:00PM). That said, if we had been in a different unit the Hyatt could have beautiful views in most directions. We just weren't able to see them unless we went into our childrens' room and hung out on their balcony. I didn't get the sense that complaining and requesting a move would have been fruitful, so we took over the second bedroom terrace. Window are too small to look out of due to architecture. The pool area was gorgeous with a view to die for. Unfortunately, the pool was full of young children needing constant reprimands from their parents to keep them from yelling and splashing. Can't blame the hotel for that, but I found myself feeling glad that my kids are older now and wishing for nap time. It was a spectacular spot to relax with a cocktail after 5:30 and watch the sun set. It is a timeshare and we did run into one person who tried to pitch it, but we were able to evade and enjoy without the pitch.

Room Tip: Anywhere but along the far western side. I would have liked to benear the pool.
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I was at the resort for 2 nights on business. The 2nd night I came late (11pm) to my room from work and I could not get in as my key was not operational. Having this issue, I drive up to the front desk and I learn that front desk is closed. There was a number for security on the door so I call that, but he tells me that he is at break and will take 20 min to get to me. The next day I get up and find the housekeeper knocking on my door at 7.30 in the morning for cleaning and waking me up. I felt that they assumed I was not staying in the room and hence the key card not working and housekeeper thinking no body is in the room and coming that early in the day. I really think Hyatt needs to improve their standards on this. Y

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Yash D
Bakersfield, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This is not a hotel. It has no where the service you would get paying this price at a hotel. This is a time share or some thing for Hyatt. The front desk is open 7am -11pm. If you need anything out those hours gruff the security guard isn't that helpful. There is ZERO room service. There is no Valet. The maid didn't come until after I called twice and she finally made it at 230. Then she did come she ONLY made the bed and put fresh towels. The iron and ironing board she didnt put up. I Bring my own pillows they were thrown on the floor. The concierge I called at 4 looking for places to eat she took an hour to call back. The positives are comfortable bed and great location. I will not be back to this hotel.

Stayed April 2014