“Great place to stay in Sedona”
Review of Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family booked a two bedroom suite (a one bedroom and studio unit joined together), which was perfect for a family of four. Not too big and not too small. The hotel was very quiet considering it is in the heart of Sedona and is bigger than many hotel complexes. Also, unlike many hotels, I was able to turn off the loud A/C at night because I am a light sleeper. Thankfully, Sedona cools down at night, so it wasn't a big deal. Even in July and judging by how many cars were parked at the hotel, the pool was not crowded, maybe four couples/families at once; the pool shape was nice because each family could have their own section of the pool without having to really share the pool with everyone. Pool toys and towels are also provided. The concierge was also helpful in narrowing down our list of things to do and gave us other useful suggestions. Beautiful views and convenient location. I will stay here again next time I am in Sedona.

1  Thank Alex L

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I read many tripadvisor reviews. So I was prepared and ready to let the front desk know where I want to stay. Once we checked in. The lady told me that the room has been reserved for us! And I did ask if the room is on the second floor. She said yes... And I also ask if the room is the newer unit... She stated yes. We stayed in the room 1523 unit A and B.... It is the two bedroom villa. I was speechless... The room was clean and nice. The pictures doesn't do any justice. The patio was overlooking the "snoopy rock"... Before I forgot the concierge was very nice and helpful to guide me getting good restaurants. I am posting the pics for the room. The room size indicate a little over 1200 sq ft. It doesn't feel like it. The way the room is lay out.. It is look a lot smaller than 1200 sq ft. It is a wonderful room nevertheless. Our unit was set up little further than the pool area but the walking wAsnt bad at all. The hotel located in the perfect downtown sedona where you can walk to the shopping area and eat... Drinks and be marry. I have no complain for our 4 days 3 nights stay. I just wish I could stay longer. Lastly if you guys are planning to stay here... Ask for unit 15, 16 and 17... And make sure you are on the SECOND floor.. Or you won't see anything!... We were going to stay at the hilton sedona... It is a way from everything.. So glad I decided to spend the extra $95 more....we shall be back!

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is just the best! You can walk anywhere. Great Property. Pick a night spot or just sit outside near the many outdoor fire pits. Staff was very friendly. But was not prepared for the "Time Share" pitch when we checked in. Politely declined.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The timeshare unit we were in was very dark even with all the lights turned on. It was a 2 bedroom unit w/ a small kitchen. The grounds were very nice, but the unit itself could use a total revamp of the lighting in all room. Almost impossible to put on makeup! TImeshares I have stayed at before in the Hyatt Residence family had daily maid service and turndown service. For the week were at Pinion Pointe we were informed we would only have maid service on one day.

1  Thank Tleahale
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We are owners through another timeshare and exchanged for the week and have been very happy. The only downside is that there are no amenities (restaurant, snack bar by the pool) onsite to bring that resort feel to our vacation. Several markets nearby, and the location has been perfect to get to where we need to go.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather M
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is one of those Hyatt properties where you can buy the place and then Hyatt manages it and rents it out so we expected the usual sales pitch and after check-in the "concierge" made her move inviting us to come back and learn more about the area, we declined as we were tired and she looked crestfallen but did not push which was welcome. The studio apartment we had was small but clean on the 2nd floor looking inwards so no view at all, the amenities were excellent however and the large pool and couple of hot-tubs were great and the clubhouse seemed like a good meeting spot.
Conveniently located near downtown with restaurants and shops in close proximity.

Great views from the pool area and a nice firepit to sit around at night - met a lot of nice people there.

Room Tip: interior facing rooms have no view and the lower floors must be super dark as well so go high and as...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Everything about this Hotel was first class! Beautiful spacious room. Very clean and well maintained. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Located within walking distance to shops. Would definitely come back.

1  Thank Driveall