Had a few glitches in service but the hotel overall is fairly nice. The bed was comfortable and I slept really well. My room was also very quiet, set off away from the noise but the walls are thin so you'll hear voices and bumps and people walking out in the hall.
The location is great, just down the hill from all the shops lining 89A. The hotel restaurant, Hundred Rox, was also pretty good. I had breakfast and dinner there and both were good. Valet parking is included in the room rate so you don't have to find a place for your car in that really tight circle they call the entrance. They have a shuttle that'll take you anywhere within a mile of the hotel so you don't have to climb that steep hill.
Hotel is small but it has the amenities of a large resort. The spa is right next door and offers plenty of relaxation. Loved the small fitness center and it was usually empty when I used it. The wine reception is great. The day I went, it was French wines. And they even offer snacks too. The coffee that was set up in the morning was so convenient because there isn't a coffee maker in the room and the restaurant doesn't open for breakfast until 7AM. I just wish they had a selection of green tea. The stuff they had was ok but none of it was green tea.
The service glitches? Well I had a little trouble getting my car once. Valet guys seemed a little disorganized and it took way too long for them to get it. The front desk people were nice but a couple of them had attitude, like you're bugging them by asking a question or *gasp* checking out!
I go to Sedona a lot so I'll probably try this place again. I hope they work out some of the problems with the front desk attitude and the valet parking. This place could be great like some of the other hotels in the Kimpton group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four-Diamond Amara Resort Hotel & Spa is a modern sanctuary that offers the best of all worlds. Ideally located in the Uptown area of America's most neautiful place, Sedona, Arizona. Welcome to the Amara Resort and Spa. We invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the many recent enhancements to our property. All guest rooms include luxurious bed linens, robes, in room safes and refrigerators, in addition to a balcony offering spectacular views of the Sedona red rocks or our gardens. Enjoy in room dining or the sounds of live music at Hundred Rox, our indoor/outdoor three meal a day restaurant. Treat yourself to a massage or hot stone treatment at The Spa or sit by our infinity pool and soak in the spirit of Sedona and the Amara Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Sedona
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Amara Resort Sedona
- Amara Hotel Sedona
- Amara Sedona
- Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel Sedona, Arizona