I agree with a previous reviewer, this would be a Holiday Inn in any other setting. I booked this hotel because of the view from the hot tub, which is spectacular. However, note the following if you want to stay here. There is a left and right wing - Avoid at all costs the left wing. This is were I stayed. Thankfully I was on the top floor. Even so, the view is a parking lot and there is an incredibility loud generator that is on 24/7 from the holiday apartments passed the parking lot. It is loud and sleep is near impossible, I requested to be moved to the creekside. There are only 4 rooms on the left wing that are creekside, so make sure you request one of those. I was not on the ring wing so have no idea what the setting is like there.
It is centrally located which is nice but, all in all, if you have a car and you are interested in taking walks, you really don't need to be in the 'center' of town. Don't get your hopes up, the view is great from the hot tub, the rooms are average at best.
There is no coffee in rooms so you have to go into the lobby in you PJ's to get a cup which is annoying, and the cups are small. The gym is okay for away from home use.
Also, annoying is that the charge a 'resort fee' of $20 per day, on top of your room fee! I had no idea about this until I checked out. The fee is useless - I'm not sure why the charge this as it is not a resort and the only extra is the hot tub, gym and pool which most hotels have. There is a tiny 'spa' in the parking lot if that counts.
The only thing it has going for it is the view from the hot tub. But I'm sure there are cheaper places in Sedona with comparable views.
I say try any of the other resorts in Sedona before this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four-Diamond Kimpton Amara Resort Hotel & Spa is a modern sanctuary that offers the best of all worlds. Ideally located in the Uptown area of America's most beautiful place, Sedona, Arizona. Welcome to Kimpton Amara Resort and Spa. We invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the many recent enhancements to our property. All guest rooms include luxurious bed linens, robes, in room safes and refrigerators, in addition to a balcony offering spectacular views of the Sedona red rocks or our gardens. Enjoy in room dining from SaltRock Southwest Kitchen or indoor/outdoor dining at our three meal a day restaurant. Treat yourself to a massage or hot stone treatment at The Spa or sit by our infinity pool and soak in the spirit of Sedona and the Amara Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Amara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Sedona
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Amara Resort Sedona
- Amara Hotel Sedona
- Amara Sedona
- Kimpton Amara Resort & Spa Sedona, Arizona