“Pricey but great location”

Kimpton Amara Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last summer. The location is very nice. My room wasn't a view room so we were slightly disappointed. Our room view was a back fence. My teen did really love the pool. We ordered room service for dinner and the service and food was so so. Go out to eat instead. Sedona has lots of restaurants that are way better.
If you book this hotel through a resale site take note they will give you the non view rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am not sure if bartenders get the credit they deserve, but our large group just visited this hotel, and Elaine at the bar was fantastic. Above all the great things I could say about this incredible resort, this lady takes customer service to another level. Thanks Elaine for making us all fell special.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was there 2 1/2 years ago (February 2012). I wrote a review, but I guess it was not with Trip Advisor. I used a spa rah rah (now spa finders) voucher and got a good deal. I suspect the deal was good because of the daily construction at the pool. That was OK because who would swim then anyway? The room was very nice and I was greeted with a cheese plate and fruit. I think there was wine, too. The staff was very friendly. The spa services were right across the parking lot in another building and a spa service was included with my room. They offered a free ride up the hill to the main strip in Sedona, that was nice. Desert winters are calmer than the Mid- Atlantic ones I'm used to and the Red Rocks were beautiful . I think the spa may be under different management now, but if they kept everything the way it was when I was there, it is a really nice place to visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bee9876
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I don't remember too much as it has been a while. But the massage I had was wonderful. The room was really comfortable. The food was fine, though it didn't stand out. The pool was nice. The location is good, right in the middle of Sedona, but down a hill, so there is no sound of town. The people were quite nice.

Room Tip: We had room that overlooked the river. But I think all the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for part of our honeymoon, and it was fantastic. The hotel is well maintained, and the location can't be beat. The views of the red rocks and the creek are so lovely. Plus, it's a quick walk up the driveway to the heart of Sedona - shopping, restaurants, sightseeing, and more.

The staff was really super, too. We received chocolate-covered strawberries and a bottle of Cava with a note of congratulations. What a sweet touch!

We were very surprised that the resort was so top-notch, given its relative affordability. Regardless of price, we'd come back for the views and the hospitality. Given the price, we'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Resort layout is wonderful - there really isn't a "bad" room. You'll either face t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

First time to Sedona. The location was great, right in the heart of uptown. the grounds were epic - carved right off the river flush with trees and the back drop of one of Sedona's majestic mountains. The pool was salt water and the breakfast in the courtyard was perfect. The best part were the service staff - they were a little rough around the edges but all had great dispositions and made the conversations real.
Challenges: Nothing against the Amara, just to say that Sedona isnt a walkable area. You have to drive to everything. I imagined it being more walkable when I booked. The hikes are all really spread out around the area.

Room Tip: we got a room right off the courtyard with a slider to the area by the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

After a long journey that began in LA via SFO and many natural parks we have chosen this hotel to relax. Well that works out.It is a beautifully situated hotel with friendly service. the Spa is a bit expensive but we have holidays and to relax so we make use of it. delicious.

Stayed: July 2014