“Spirit of Sedona”

Ranked #25 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Rockland
“Spirit of Sedona”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My wife and I spent four nights at this wonderful B&B. Phil and Dee were very helpful in the planning of our day trips since this was our first visit to the area. The breakfasts were well thought out to sustain our appetites for what we were planning on doing that day. Dee is an excellent cook and we were delighted with the variety of tastes. The quiet and comfortable room captured the spirit of Sedona. Thank you Phil and Dee for making our first trip to Arizona such a wonderful experience.
Masons from Wisconsin

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hmason0038

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bonney Lake
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My adult daughter stayed in the Victorian Room of this enchanting B & B in Sedona. The owners, Phil and Dee, are so interesting and kind and very open about the area and their Inn, you can ask any questions at all. The grounds are so unique and the rooms are decorated professionally. We especially liked the observation deck that opens up the stars for full viewing. Dee is a wonderful cook and also makes one of a kind jewelry. Phil is so easy to talk with and is a wealth of information. We highly recommend this B & B and we will be back soon.

Room Tip: The Victorian room is the most romantic with great views of the rock formations.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Sonoma, California
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My wife and I had a really pleasurable 3 days in the victorian suite of the dreammaker. By "American" standards this B&B is probably the best we have been in from San franscisco to San diego!
The set Breakfast where probably also "top notch" by American standard, Well presented, surprising, interesting to taste, but too complicated and heavy for european taste. without any available alternative on the table for simple toast and Jam or even eggs...Its true, we did not ask for any toast or jam as they simply did not seems to have that, not on the table, or kitchen (we have not found any in any case). A advise to Phil and Dee, You should provide for breakfast alternatives (without "obliging" customers to ask for it) as simple as slice of bread/toast and jam readily available on the table. not every one has the same taste, especially foreigner form europe...
My view about our host and hostess:
Phil: Perfect gentleman, fun and pleasant to talk to with extremely good advises! Thank you Phil for your blilliant personality!
Dee: Not smily or funny at all, appeared very difficult to approach...kind of "...I am the boss and the best breakfast cook in town..." probably by american standard, but not by Other standards...Simple food is beautifull too! You should keep in mind that your taste might not be the one of everybody (especially in europe!!!). We would have taken some cereals or toasts if we did not have to ask or look for it... Your "French Toast" should actually be called "American toast" , a french toast is somewhat "simpler"...

in conclusion to this review: Perfect B&B, but you should have alternative breakfast possibilities (Cereals, toast, jam, eggs) for those that do not or cannot eat heavy complicate breakfast preparations (not everyone can eat fresh cream as well as unknown mixtures on what you call "french toast")

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bilouserge
sedonagetaway, Owner at Sedona Dream Maker Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 October 2010
Thank you for your kind review, we appreciate all points of view. We would like to be clear to all future guests about the way we serve breakfast. We are a small B&B and therefore do not have restaurant or kitchen facilities that enable us to serve a large variety of items for breakfast. We are much like many B&B’s our size that serves a single prepared dish for every guest. We try our best to provide a menu that pleases everyone and do ask for your preferences at check in. We also ask our guests to let us know in advance of special dietary requirements so that those items can be served for your needs.
Hope this helps!!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 May 2010

This is a great b&b. It's clean, reasonably priced, food is good, and Phil and Dee are great souls. The place sits on 2 acres so I would wake up walk onto my patio, sit in my swing and watch the amazing wild life put on a show. The rabbits would walk right up to me, the birds would carry on an extensive conversation, or the chipmunks would run amuck!
If you are looking for a place to recharge your soul this is it. It has a great energy about it that will help you get rid of the stress and bring loving beautiful life back into your soul.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 2 February 2010

The room and bathroom were quite large, very clean, and nicely decorated. The bed was very confortable and the breakfasts were GREAT. Phil and Dee were always available to answer questions and tell wonderful stories of the area. Dee's art studio on the property was filled with her beautiful creations which were reasonably priced and that we had to have!. It was great talking with other guests at breakfast, and comparing stories of our travels and local activities. We made some wonderful friends that will continue to be part of our extended family.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
tileman1295
Reviewed 16 November 2009

Enjoyed the room. My wife and I had two very good nights of sleep/rest. Initially Phil and Dee were very friendly. Phil seemed to be the only one that we saw after the first breakfast meal. When it was checkout time I thought it was rude for Dee to not even come out and say goodbye, thanks for your business or thanks for coming etc... Phil basically had to make up for her not being there. Thank you Phil for being genuinely nice and taking the time to speak with us at breakfast and throughout!

Overall we had a good time. My wife and I agree that we felt slighted by Dee. I kind of had the feeling she didn't care for us!

Side note. I think you should neaten up the art gallery. First impressions are lasting ones. I would suggest a cleaner neater gallery and nicer displays of the art. When I first walked inside I thought I was walking into a tool shed...not an art gallery. We had to walk through a very messy looking room to get into the art room which wasn't much better. The art was nice but could be displayed much better. ( just constructive criticism) Loved the donkeys.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tileman1295
sedonagetaway, Owner at Sedona Dream Maker Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 November 2009
It is hard to understand the personal concerns of some guests, but we try our best to remedy any situation. Yes Phil spends the most time with guests, checks them in, and discusses local attractions and tours. Dee is sometimes busier with other chores, cooking, cleaning and laundry. In no way does either of us want any guest to feel slighted or not cared for.
We are not sure what the Art Gallery has to do with the Bed and Breakfast, but it seems these guests mistakenly entered our private workshop that may be a bit disorganized. Our Gallery viewing area of our work is clean and orderly. Sorry for not being more clear. Please know we do wish all to have a great get-a-way while you are here!
phoenix
Reviewed 12 October 2009

This place is the most wonderful B&B i have ever been to in my life.My Fiance and I stayed 2 nights and 3 days here. I arrived here ill with a severe cold/flu and when i left i was completely 100% better. I spent a lot of time outside meditating and focusing on healing myself in the level 5 vortex/tee pee. This place was a great escape from Phoenix with tons of wildlife and surrounded by nature. My power animal (the raven) kept showing up to comfort me from time to time. The room was perfection nice and spacious the bed was sooo comfortable and the Victorian style bath was JUST what i needed to wind down at night. I loved the views from the rooftop sky observatory it was the closest to heaven i had ever been.
Dee was very nice and caring. I felt like I had known her for years we instantly had a connection. i spent time in her workshop chatting with her and found the absolute perfect necklace she insisted i wear it out and i accepted with glee(she did not have to do this is was of her own kindness to do so.) I felt so alive after wearing this necklace mind you she didn't mention anything but just insisted i wear it for a day since I liked it so much. I ended up purchasing this necklace for a very discounted price and i've worn it almost every single day since. Her jewelry is made with the utmost craftsmanship with great durability. I get comments on it's beauty every time I wear it out.
Dee and Phil are genuine, real, and very kind people. When Dee enters the room it is filled instantly with positive loving motherly energy. Phil is also like a sweet teddy bear. They are so pleasant to be around and care so much about their business and the happiness and comfort of their guests. The breakfasts were wonderful she even asked us what we like the most and made us a special breakfast the second day that was absolutely delightful. Her cooking skills are unmatched! They even joined us to make sure we had everything we needed and were served properly. We loved every second of the time we spent here and i know any other person with a positive attitude will too. It is a breath of fresh air that everyone needs to experience.
Thank you so much Phil and Dee for being absolutely special and for making our time more than perfect! WE WILL BE BACK Feb 2010! i can't wait to be there again. I have missed Phil and Dee so much and i can't wait to spend my time on the beautiful & magical grounds of the Dream Catcher again!
Anyone considering this B&B for a vacation/getaway etc my advice is to drop the others and get your butts there as soon as possible and experience the magic that can only happen at this place! You will be so thankful you did!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
sedonagetaway, Owner at Sedona Dream Maker Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 October 2009
Our desire is for guests to have a wonderfull experience. Your comments make us realize our own experiences can be just as wonderfull. Thank you, we only hope all our guests are as kind and understand the concept we try to create.