I stayed here for three nights covering the last part of Labor Day weekend. A good choice for a peaceful location to relax and take in the view. This is right on the north edge of the Village of Oak Creek a few miles south of Sedona. The courtyard is nice with places to sit outside, a BBQ to use, a fire pit, a nice little pool with hot tubs.
The rooms are spacious and come with a full kitchen. Nothing fancy, but practical. Couple of downsides were the AC is right next to the bed and the ref is on the other side so the combined noise somewhat ruins the otherwise peaceful location. The shower area is pretty small and the flimsy shower curtain had trouble staying in place and keeping the water off the floor. And what was with the smell of the towels? Were they doused in bleach? Anyway fresh towels would be a big improvement. Also as pointed out on here there is a trail that leads north from the resort, but this is not an official trail so you need to find somewhere else to hike and bike legally.
The service was good, especially when checking in. You get a lot for your $100 a night (or $200 for the two story cabins). I'd recommend staying here, or in Uptown Sedona. This could be a "five circle" spot with some room updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Agave Resort is the only Sedona lodging offering an intimate setting of two-story chalets and studios with incredible views of Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte, two of Sedona's iconic red rock formations, at our front door. Each unit includes a kitchenette and access to and outdoor gas grill, making snack and meal prep a breeze. Hiking and biking trails leading into the Coconino National Forest are just beyond our artfully landscaped courtyard, which also includes a pool, two hot tubs and a fire pit where s'mores are served up nightly. Days of adventure and nights of peaceful relaxation await you at Red Agave Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Red Agave Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Red Agave Hotel Sedona
- Red Agave Resort Sedona, Arizona