“Our stay was too short”

El Portal Sedona Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 November 2011

My wife and I really enjoyed staying at this property. The room was really nicely designed and laid out. We had a great fire in the fireplace. The staff is really friendly and knowledgeable. We were even given a lift to a trailhead for a hike and picked up as well. Food was really good too. We can't wait to return and stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Myself, my wife and two girls spent a few days at El Portal in August this year as part of the end of our three week US west coast trip. Above all other locations on our journey this was clearly our favourite. We felt at home from the moment we arrived and really appreciated the warm welcome and very comfortable surroundings our accommodation had to offer. Our fresh cook breakfast was top class too.

Room Tip: Enjoy the seduction of nature on the balcony at night.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Shane K
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This place is absolutely amazing. El Portal was the location of our wedding reception on October 1st. We could not have imagined a more perfect setting. It's a unique place, unlike any other we've been to, full of special ambiance and comfort. Our guests were equally taken away by the charm of this hotel. Additionally, the owners we very accommodating while we were planning our wedding and during the event. Thank you Steve, Terri and Connie for making our event so special!

Room Tip: Some rooms on the second floor have a view. Check the website for virtual tours.
1  Thank regishka
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I own a production company, producing large seminars and events all over the world. I practically live in hotels! I came to El Portal to relax for a long weekend, and I swear this is the best property I've ever stayed on. My room was so comfortable, unique and gorgeous I preferred to stay back and relax in it rather than explore Sedona!

Room Tip: I stayed in room #2 and LOVED it!
1  Thank Daali K
Reviewed 28 October 2011

So we check in and get wonderful service right away and the rooms are so amazing and the charm is infectious. Our tv wasnt working and the owner himself came down to our room after dark and spent 15 minutes fixing it. We had a wonderful chat with him and he told us all about his hotel and i can say this man is AMAZING!

Room Tip: watch the room tour videos!!!
1  Thank LucienG
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We recently met with family and friends at El Portal for a wonderful Sedona sojourn. We felt so comfortable from the moment we arrived. The ambience was so special: warm and friendly staff, unique decor in each room, delicious breakfasts,...overall, a very relaxing, enjoyable experience. We look forward to our next visit!

(In response to a recent negative comment: if you want a glitzy, "cookie-cutter" hotel approach, go to Beverly Hills!)

Room Tip: Upper rooms, 10 and 11, have great verandas. Each room is unique and lovingly furnished.
2  Thank Liz and Cary C
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We were given a gift card by my husbands son and he raved about the place. I went online and saw that pets were aloud. Not only was I happy I could bring my dog, but I absolutely loved the place. The villas had back yards for the dog. They had a yard with a wonderful, peaceful sitting area. The owner was always there to help you with anything you need or info about Sedona. I am in the travel Industry and have stayed at several hotels, and I think this is one of my favorite. I will absolutely be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but if bringing you dog, you'll want the rooms with the yards.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple