“Decent but not Outstanding Meal”
Review of The Heartline Cafe

The Heartline Cafe
Ranked #65 of 196 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mountain Shadow & Posse Ground
Description: *Late Evening Diners Please note we are open till (Close). Please call us for reservations for dining after 9:00 P.M. Mystical Sedona, the home of The Heartline Cafe for 20 years. During this time The Heartline Cafe has been serving award winning cuisine in its beautiful main dining room, Fireside room and the Patio amidst luscious gardens and a spectacular view of the Sedona"s world famous red rock mountains. The Heartline Cafe serves breakfast, and lunch at our unique Gourmet Market and dinner in our exquisite dining room. The Heartline Cafe features an extensive wine list including many spectacular local varieties. The wait staff is meticulously trained to provide superior service assuring a fine dining experience. The Heartline Cafe has recently been named the winner of three awards in a poll conducted by Market Surveys of America. We invite you to tour our web site for additional information and pictures of the restaurant and our food.
Bethesda, Maryland, USA
“Decent but not Outstanding Meal”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We visited Heartline Café on the second night of our two night stay in Sedona. I had chosen it based on the menu which I sawl in our hotel and recommendations of various guide books. While the ambiance was pleasant on the outside terrace, and the service was very good, I was a bit disappointed in the food. I ordered the pecan crusted trout which the waiter highly recommended and which I have come to understand to be their signature dish. I do not know whether given the late hour, the food had been left under a hot light for too long, but the flavor was gone and the fish was mushy. On the other hand, my companions at dinner raved about the butternut and pear soup. I also had the fish tacos which were tasty and actually were quite filling for an appetizer. I would like to think that we caught he kitchen on an off night and I would go back to try it again if I return to Sedona.

• Visited August 2014

Sedona, Arizona
“What a nice surprise!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A group of us from work took a co-worker to lunch back in January 2014. It was a special occasion and I knew I would have a great meal as I've been before. There were 8 of us. As I was trying to decide what to have I spotted a seared Ahi tuna salad! Seared Ahi is a favorite of mine. OMG it was so good I couldn't stop eating - and it was also huge! Everyone had something different and a lot of sharing and Mmmming going on.
I took my husband and visiting sister-in-law for breakfast there a few months later. And again, we were blown away. It was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had in Sedona!

You can always count on Heartline for great food. And the service is great too.

• Visited January 2014
Amelia Court House, Virginia
“Outstanding meal!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We dined at the Heartline Café in mid-September, 2013. We were only staying in Sedona one night. This establishment was recommended by our hosts at the Sedona Bear Lodge. Thank goodness we acted on that recommendation! This was one of the best meals we had eaten on our 12 day stay in Colorado, Utah and Arizona! The atmosphere was quiet, our service was impeccable and the pecan crusted trout amazing!! Definitely a four thumbs up! Looking forward to our next visit to Sedona!

• Visited September 2013
Terre Haute, Indiana
“The dining did not go well”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had high hopes for the Heartline Cafe as I had researched many restaurants in Sedona and their menu intrigued me. It was only after our dining experience that we checked reviews at Trip Advisor and Open Table and found so many negative reviews. I guess it must depend on the day, but here goes my experience.

First off, I forgive our waitress. It wasn't her fault and we tipped her well. We arrived around 11am for lunch/brunch. When we were seated, there was only one other table of five elderly ladies. My friend ordered a simple sandwich and I ordered French toast and eggs. We were actually served around 12:40. Personally, I still can't believe we waited as long as we did, but after a while it was like a train wreck. We just couldn't look away. The kitchen staff was in chaos. We weren't the only customers affected. The group with 5 ladies had one women who didn't even get her meal until she went to the counter to ask for the manager. Everyone else in her party was well done with their meal and hers had yet to arrive. Her waitress seemed oblivious and indifferent. It would take an additional 15 minutes before she was finally served.

Another group of three came in after us and also sat for an extremely long time before being served and even commented on the situation. We were seated were where we could see the kitchen area. At one time, I counted 11 plates piled up with the serving staff trying to sort out what meals went where. Our order got delayed because it either got lost or was wrong according to the service staff who repeatedly had to apologize.

As for who I assumed was the manager, she was oblivious to the whole scene as she was too busy catering to a young couple who were making various food selections for what appeared to be an upcoming wedding party. I can understand wanting to serve the needs of this couple, but not at the expense of the rest of the diners. At the end of the day, Heartline is a restaurant, not just a catering service. It was frustrating to watch plate after plate of specialty ordered food going to the young couple when by this point, five table were starring at empty plates, linens, and me on my 3rd cup of coffee. I thoroughly believe the 'special' orders threw a monkey wrench in the kitchen that led to so many mistakes and delays in other customers orders.

Not once did the manager ever address a single table to apologize for the entire situation. Not even to the poor woman who had to wait so long for her food. The food was good and our waitress took half off our meal... But we tipped her appropriately on what would have been the full bill. One table was offered free deserts, but had to go to ask for them after they weren't brought after 15 minutes. From the elderly ladies, to an Asian couple, to a Buddhist monk (who had to ask for his free deserts), to two tables of middle aged diners like myself, no one was happy with their service which is such a tragedy. I know this is a family owned business who takes pride in their name and what they have built, but this was not one of their better days. I hope they have better days ahead of them.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Jan B
San Diego, California
“One of the best in Sedona”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We visit Sedona frequently and always attempt to eat at least once at Heartline. Their signature dish, pecan crusted trout, is awesome. Their staff is extremely knowledgeable; they also have an extensive wine list. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014