“Reasonably good sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was surprised that there is only one sushi place in Sedona. As my 6 year old daughter loves sushi, we usually have to have it when we can find it. We got take out so we could sit on our balcony and enjoy the stunning views and also to enjoy a bottle of wine without having to worry about driving. Hiro's fit our plans nicely and their specialty rolls were great. It is difficult to spot from the road as it is kind of hidden, but worth the effort if sushi is on your mind.

There are newer reviews for Hiro's Sushi & Japanese Kitchen

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We came in for lunch and tried the spicy tuna roll, tuna sashimi, ramen bowl, teriyaki bowl and yakisobi. The sushi was nice but seemed a little on the small side for the price. The others were well prepared, loaded with chicken and very filling and flavorful. The service was good and overall it was an enjoyable lunch.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I live locally so I do visit occasionally ....service is good and is very clean....the food however is just average....some nights better than others....probably the best for Japanese in Sedona.....which they would add more specials to the menu

Reviewed 15 March 2014

It is a pretty authentic Japanese restaurant. Since it is Arizona (far from ocean), not California, New York or of course, not Japan, it is not perfect, but it was really good.

I felt like we were having dinner back in Tokyo. I would visit there every week if it's in our area.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Not terrible but not great at all. After NYC and LI Japanese and sushi, where the fish is always super-fresh, this is merely edible. OK if you need a Japanese/sushi infusion but I live locally and probably won't be back