“Nice surprise!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tortas de Fuego
Ranked #29 of 191 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pueblo, Colorado
“Nice surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

There aren't very many tables, and the minute you walk in the door you can smell good food. I had the fish (grilled) and chorizo small tacos, and an absolutely delicious nopalitos tostado...yummy! I would go there again, the salsa bar was varied and great, and service was friendly and nice.

Sedona, Arizona
“I go twice a week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Best Mexican food in town! We just moved here and can't get enough of this place, very reasonable prices and a wide selection. I usually go for one of the specials, but the tacos are always great.

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Authentic little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

This little place was recommended by the front desk staff at the inn as a place where locals come to eat spanish food. This is a very small place, I think only 10 tables, and it was full the night we arrived. It is not fancy, but is known for the food. I had the Fuego Burrito Mojado, with asada, and it was great. I had it with half red and half green sauce. The flavors of the fresh guacamole and pico de gallo were wonderful with the fresh sauces. I had mine with cactus, and loved the added texture. My husband had the fish taco, and he said it was better than some of the more expensive restaurants we had visited in the past. I highly recommend this one.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I Miss It Already”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Rule Number One: Ask a local. I stopped at the Visitor’s Center when arriving on the outskirts of Sedona to adhere to the First Rule of Travel (If there is a bathroom, go to it) and asked the young man at the desk where he would go for a good lunch break. With no hesitation, he wrote this down on a map with directions.

Warning: The parking lot is small and you may need to circle a couple of times until something opens up. This place shares space with a muffler shop, and as it was Sunday, I felt safe in double parking with some of the repair cars in the back. Small dining area, so as I was a single (Hubby was enjoying a nasty lunch meat sandwich at his conference) I grabbed a stool at the counter next to the kitchen pass. Which meant I could eyeball everything heading to the tables. It all looked great and I really wanted to grab everything I saw. I opted for the combo lunch special with a tostada, an enchilada and a taco. The waitress asked if I wanted red or green sauce and when I asked for green, there was a warning issued it was spicy. Ok, YEA! I hate wimpy food.

Oh, and to make sure that Hubby knew what he was missing, I sent him a picture of my heaping, delish lunch plate.

Good portions, great Mexican food and nice staff. What’s not to love? I am tickled about other reviews carping about the prices: This place is cheap and great. For heavens sake, people, the folks need to make a living!

• Visited October 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Good Food but Bad Prices”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I used to love to eat here simply because their food is so good - but a month ago they raised their prices ALMOST DOUBLE and the food quality stayed the same, not to mention that they took away the complimentary side of chips and salsa. I'm all about good food for a comparable price... if you raise the price DOUBLE, take away the side, and keep the food quality the same - well I'm sorry but that just doesn't add up to good business, instead its ripping off locals and tourist.

• Visited September 2013