“9 hole executive golf course”

Canyon Mesa Country Club
Ranked #53 of 105 Outdoor Activities in Sedona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Maple Grove, Minnesota
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“9 hole executive golf course”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you have a couple hours to spare and don't want to pay huge green fees, try this little executive course. We easily walked the 9 holes, enjoyed great views of the red rocks, and appreciated the great service too!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank mgmaple

Vancouver
267 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“It didn't matter that I shot a horrible round”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This little course was the highlight of my golfing life . First , to be picky , a few of the greens had bald patches , but for most of the course it was in excellent condition . We arrived just before they were closing for the day and there was only one other person ahead of us , so we could take our time and enjoy the scenery . With an elevation of over 4,000 feet we had a difficult time adjusting our swings to the required hole length and never did get it right over the 9 holes . I felt like Superman on the longest hole . I had never hit a ball that far with such ease .
Both my son and I hadn't golfed in almost a year so we were very rusty . Although it was probably my worst scoring round ever , I had the most fun I had ever had holding a club . I appreciate simple things in my life and golfing on this beautiful course with my 13 year old was one of the highlights of my life . We were laughing at how bad we were and looking at the rock formations , especially on the final hole reminded me it was just a game . How could I be upset that pars seemed impossible for me ! It was a moment I will never forget and I am seriously thinking about heading down to Sedona for a one year anniversary round or 2 or 3 ...
The man in the clubhouse was very friendly , he made the beginning of our experience even more enjoyable .

Visited April 2013
Sedona, Arizona
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Fun 9-holer”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've played this course many times. Basically a par-3 setup. You can play in about 90 minutes if not crowded. Walking with pull cart is all you need or carry. Pretty well maintained when I was there. No food. Maybe some refreshments there to buy but not sure. Nice setting.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank dps_Sedona
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Friendly, gorgeous, reasonable golfing in Sedona!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Right in the heart of the Red Rocks, this executive Par 3 golf course is meticulously maintained. Willie, the pro, will set you up with a cart, clubs and anything else you are missing and get you started. Many of the golfers here are also home-owners and are rightly proud of their little piece of Paradise.
The holes are fairly short, making it great for beginners. Nine holes leaves you time for another adventure in this picturesque part of the world. But don't be fooled! The greens will take your score back into your normal range.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Laureen L
Nova Scotia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Nice 9 hole course, wonderful views”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We rented a condo at Canyon Mesa for a week and played the 9 hole course 3 times. We are novice golfers having recently taken up the sport. The course was great for us as it wasn't too difficult but still challenging for a much better golfer. The convenience of staying at the club was terrific. The scenery was spectacular especially on the 9th hole. We were able to complete the course in under 2 hours which is the time limit. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Lots of bunnies, quails, and lizards to view as you play as well. Sometimes you need to encourage the bunnies to move along so they don't get hit with a ball. The course was very well maintained and the staff were terrific. It wasn't too busy when we were there either, which would have been off season.

Visited June 2013