“Family friendly with delicious food”
Review of Javelina Cantina

Javelina Cantina
Ranked #31 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Groups, View, Child-friendly
Description: Javelina Cantina is located in the Hillside Shopping Center. We offer traditional Sonoran Mexican cuisine. All of our food is housemade fresh daily and cooked to order, using the finest and freshest ingredients available. We offer indoor and outdoor patio dining with spectacular views of Sedona whether you're seated inside or out. Happy hour is from 3:00 to 6:00 daily. Please join us for Sedona's finest Mexican Cuisine. Visit us near sunset and you just might get a show, we usually see Javelina's on the north side of the restaurant around sunset.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were wise enough to call ahead and book a reservation for a table outside this past weekend when we dined at Javelina Cantina. We were seated outside for sunset and it was just perfect! The restaurant was very busy so it took a little while to get our drinks and then we ordered chips and guacamole after finishing our chips and salsa, and the guacamole was brought out without any additional chips. It took over ten minutes to get more chips, but that was ok because we were busy trying to keep our active toddler entertained. We ordered the red rock chicken fingers for our toddler and requested a soft veggie instead of the celery and carrots. The restaurant accommodated our request by adding a big portion of sweet corn. Our daughter was in heaven! The entrees were brought out fairly quickly after the appetizers and they were HUGE portions. The food is some of the best Mexican food I've had in a long time, we we were happy to take left overs home to enjoy later.

There are newer reviews for Javelina Cantina

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I just finished a lunch I had catered by Javelina Cantina. They provided excellent, tasty, and plentiful food for 45 people in my office. The enchiladas, fajitas, beans, and rice were excellent. Lauren, the manager, was extremely helpful and pleasant. I can't imagine a better catered Mexixan meal. I have dined at the restaurant many times and the food was even better served hot from the kitchen

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I stopped in for lunch and found the people friendly and the service great. We both had chicken enchiladas, he had the double and I had the single, and it was more than enough food and delicious. They provide salsa and chips for appetizer and refills on drinks. The view was pretty, too.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great food in the most beautiful city in the USA. Also, some knockout (in both meanings of the word) drinks. Go for the unusual stuff. You won't be disappointed. Service also excellent.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Very attractive restaurant and the whole staff was so friendly. we had made reservations and arrived a little early. the Hostess started to seat us then stopped and asked if we would mind waiting for a couple of minutes, that she had a better table with a view. That was so nice. She didn't have to do that and we wouldn't of known any difference. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful on dinner suggestions. My wife had the chicken fajitas and I had the Carne Asada Plate. Both were great and the portions large. Highly recommended!