“Wonderfully romantic”

Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: Southwestern, French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sedona Restaurant RENE at Tlaquepaque has been the home of casual fine dining for more than thirty nine years and is still winning awards. Diners appreciate the relaxed fine dining ambiance, attentive and pleasant service, and of course, outstanding food and wines. Locals, tourists and celebrities have made RENE a favorite for lunch and dinner. Make your visit to Sedona special ... Dine with us at RENE, fine food in casual elegant surroundings in Tlaquepaque
goodyear,az
“Wonderfully romantic”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Went here for our 30th Anniversary dinner. The food was fantastic and prepared so well - everything was gourmet presentation. Had Flaming Cherries Jubilee prepared at the table - how fun and delicious!!

1 Thank patriciab48

Tucson, Arizona
“One of the best meals I've ever eaten”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Excellent food, excellent service. A+ all around. We went here for our anniversary dinner and couldn't be happier. We brought our dog because we read they had a pet friendly front patio, and it worked out great. They sat us in a corner with a discreet place for our dog to sit and brought a bowl of water for her right away. I can't say enough good things about the food. We tried the cream cheese stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer and they were very rich, but to-die-for good. Then we shared a small salad and the portobello bisque with truffle oil- amazing! For dinner I had the grilled rare ahi and my husband had the antelope- both very good and cooked perfectly. Creme brûlée happens to be my favorite dessert and I order it whenever it is on the menu- they had a vanilla bean creme brûlée which I tried and it was by far the best I have ever had, anywhere. Definitely go to Rene for a special occassion dinner, you won't regret it.

2 Thank LindsayLCubed
Williams, AZ
“Elegance In The Desert”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We have been coming to Sedona for nearly twenty years and somehow never made it into René. We had a wonderful "date night" there this past weekend. We sat at the bar and had a couple Pernods (how French is that?) and then were lead to a cozy booth. The ambiance is very Old World romantic -- a breath of fresh air from the omnipresent "southwest everything" in Sedona.

We shared some escargots (yummy), had a couple of their tasty rolls, and each of us had a delicious salad with a warm dressing. One of the best salads I've ever eaten.

Wifey ordered the duck, I got a filet mignon, and we splurged on a bottle of 2009 Gevrey-Chambertin that was incredibly delicious. I liked my filet but the wife's duck was scrumptious and complimented the wine so perfectly. Even the veggies accompanying the entrées were no afterthought. Simply outstanding.

Sam, our waiter, was great and very personable without any phoniness. The hostess/owner Ms. Leatherwood was charming and full of warm smiles.

We finished off this wonderful meal with a perfect crème brûlée and two espressos. Both of us felt giddy at how much we had enjoyed our dinner. We have added René to the top of our "Sedona faves" list.

2 Thank algboy
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My family had dinner one night at Rene. The four of us had disparate entrees, ranging from raw lasagna (terrible) to Touredors (ok). We were ignored for a long time because of a party of 12. The only memorable items were the onion soup and the wine flight.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Soccer D
phoenix, az
“great experience”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

we went to rene's for our anniversary. The food was great, service was very good, and it was a very nice evening.

Visited August 2012

Been to Rene at Tlaquepaque? Share your experiences!