“It's the service that does it”
Review of Adobe Grand Villas

Adobe Grand Villas
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
San Francisco, California
“It's the service that does it”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Yes, there were some averages during my stay at this place. First, if you are a first time visitor to Sedona and arriving late at night as I did, this place is hard to find. Poorly sign posted and so well hidden that not even the local gas station attendant knew where it was. At 10.30pm, looking for this place for 30 minutes, I was well lost.

But one of the managers, Gabriel, actually answered his cell phone at 10.30pm and directed me where to go. Good service was a 5. Locating the poorly sign posted place was a 2.

Indeed Gabriel cooked during the weekend. He isn't quite Nobu Matsuhisa or Jamie Oliver. Home cooked food is what you will get and it is a 3+ quality.

But, they will make you anything you want, give you more food and bring it to your room. They listen and serve. Another 5.

The room was the White Dove. Enormous and romantic with a superb view. A bathroom as big as most hotel rooms. Exquisitely appointed, superb king bed, lush carpet, Jacuzzi tub and elegant walk in shower. Fresh bread and little chocolates. Absolute 5.

Beaten and tired, I tried the spa. Masseuse Robin, a reiki master, listened to everything I said and used her well proven hands to make me feel 10 years younger. Another 5.

And finally, when I put it all together, I simply haven't been treated better in a hotel in the United States for a very long time. This place is a throw back of valuing guests that predates today's electronic age as the hotel is full of people with great interpersonal skills. What a concept. I WILL be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Alex B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I went there for New Years. Our room was amazing, the service was superb and the experience was excellent. This place is very romantic and very quaint. The staff recommended great restaurants and knew the town well. The breakfast is also way above par. You can't go wrong with this place!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rco71
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I were staying at different hotel in Sedona and decided to leave. We searched tripadvisor and spoke to Gabriel at the Adobe Grand Villas. He was very calm, accommodating and assessed our needs over the phone to make the best recommendation of which themed villa we would appreciate. We stayed for three days and experienced a more luxurious version of home. There are 16 villas total and it is truly a luxury boutique bed and breakfast with so much more. We stayed in the Red Cinder Villa with brick floors, a luxurious bed that felt like we were in a bed of feathers, two fireplaces with one in front of the bed and one in front of the jetted tub. The bathroom had a walk in brick shower and all the amenities plus more that you would have at home. We also stayed in the White Dove villa with a balcony and a nice view of some of the red rock mountains. All the villas are private, quiet and all about relaxation. You are welcomed with fresh baked bread in your villa, soothing music and snacks. The owners and Michael the General Manager and Chef thought of everything to make you feel welcome during your stay. Gourmet breakfast delivered to your villa is included, along with hors d'oeuvers at 4pm daily and sweet treats at 6pm. It is a must stay when in sedona.

Room Tip: 2nd floor for better views. White Dove is at the back of the property offering more privacy. Each...
3 Thank JDCNECSCV
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Thank you Gabriel, Michael and the rest of the staff who made our stay absolutely Great! We have never experienced this incredible level of service. Fresh bread baking in your villa when you arrive! Amazing! Breakfast each morning was outstanding. I won't even describe what you did when are room was not ready when we arrived because your response was so over the top generous I don't want future guests to have unrealistic expectations. You guys ROCK.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gary D
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My girlfriend and I loved this place. From the initial phone call scheduling the reservation until we left, we were treated extremely well. The rooms here are a lot of fun and very spacious. We stayed in the French quarter room. Nice size living area and extremely spacious bathroom. Our room was so nice, I was curious what the others looked like. During our stay, we had 2 breakfasts which were really good. When my girlfriend didn't like what they planned for breakfast one morning so, they asked what she wanted and made chocolate chip pancakes for her. I loved the breakfasts. Treat yourself to a private dinner with Chef Michael.

1 Thank DShind
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Love the hotel and staff was very helpful, the breakfast was excellent it filled us up for a day of great hiking. The location was perfect, will definitely return next trip. The only complaint was that the kitchen was not equipped fully, we like to cook on vacations, no soup bowls or pots and utensils were sparse, but the kitchen staff accommodated and gave us what we needed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael C
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We found Adobe Grand Villas on Tripadvisor and were very impressed in all areas. My husband and I had never stayed at such a luxurious place !

We didn't arrive until 7:30 pm that night because we were coming from Tucson. Gabe greeted us and graciously showed us the beautiful lobby and then escorted us to our room. We stayed in the Country Garden Room. It was like a fairytale....incredibly romantic and charming....the pictures of this room on-line do NOT do it justice....is it much prettier and more romantic in person...it was a large room, but intimate at the same time with a pretty little balcony with a view of the mountains...The room really made you feel like you were in another wonderful world...We were so glad we got this room...it was perfect !

The fireplaces; unlimited snacks; fresh baked bread; sodas, waters; chocolates, incredibly soft sheets on the incredibly comfortable feather bed, beautiful décor in the room along with outstanding customer service and a fabulous breakfast made this B and B very unique....

The staff: Gabe, Maryanne, and the chef, Michael all went out of their way to please us....They make a fantastic team !

The grounds, pool and hot tub were all amazing and beautiful....although the pool was closed this time of year, the hot tub was wonderful...

I would highly recommend this B and B to anyone who wants to really escape to an environment that makes you feel like you are in a fairytale.

Brett and Abby