“A Slice of Heaven”
Review of Adobe Grand Villas

Adobe Grand Villas
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 24 February 2014

How many hotel rooms do you walk into where you smell freshly made bread in your bread maker??? What an amazing first impression! Not to mention a beautiful room! My husband, who never comments about any hotel room, told me twice how pretty and nice this room was!

I booked the Antiquities Room, and it was beautiful. I honestly can say that I've never stayed anywhere and had as many "extras" in a room as here. The fridge had lots of butter (for that bread!) in addition to sodas, water, creamers, etc. They also had a basket with lots of different munchies; Fritos, trail mix, nuts, microwave popcorn, etc. If that wasn't enough food, you can go to the lobby and get snacks, candy bars, along with a coffee bar which has teas, cocoa, cider, appetizers before dinner, and then after dinner they put out cookies for your sweet tooth!

Several super-nice things that happened...which made them go over and above in the customer service category....we arrived about 9:45am even though we weren't checking in until later that afternoon. The staff was so thoughtful in asking us if we had eaten breakfast and then they immediately whisked out a placemat, napkins, silverware, and then crepes were in front of us! Who does that?!?!? Then, I forgot to flip the sign over saying that we wanted fresh bread, and when I told the gentleman who did the turndown service that I made a mistake, he ran off to get us some dough for our bread maker. Also, I went to the office the night before we left just to let them know that we were going to be leaving by 6am to get to the airport and they prepared a "to go" breakfast for us to eat while we were driving to Phoenix....waters, scones, bananas, trail mix, an apple, and an orange. Again, who does this?!?!?

It's those little extras that put them off the charts! My only complaint is that our two nights weren't enough!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beck1159

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I recently spent a weekend at the Adobe Grand Villas in Sedona and it was truly a wonderful experience. Our room was beautiful, and the food, prepared by Chef Michael, was extraordinary. We particularly enjoyed the private dinner he prepared our first night-truly a memorable meal. But despite all this, what truly stood out about this bed and breakfast was the unfailing friendliness and hospitality of every staff member. We also appreciated the complimentary beverages and snacks, a truly welcoming touch. We travel a lot, and we both truly felt that this is the nicest place we have ever stayed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed 21 February 2014

When we drove into the parking lot, my first impression was the hotel/bed and breakfast was not very large, and the street it is on looked like it belonged to a suburb. But our room was huge, as was the bathroom. I believe that each of the rooms are different -- our was the Sagebrush, and it had interesting furniture, a desk area, a sitting area, a fireplace, a small kitchen, a balcony with a table and two chairs, and a bathroom with a separate shower (the water came out of what looked like a large vase) and a bathtub with jets. The breakfast was superb -- we met the chef, Michael, who offered us a different breakfast each morning, with the option of ordering whatever else we wanted. We also had one of his dinners -- excellent. And the service was wonderful. The person who welcomed us and showed us the room was very helpful, and whenever we asked for a recommendation of where to go in Sedona, the people working there came up with great ideas.

Room Tip: Look on the website -- they have photos of the different rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This place is over the top! Each room has its own theme (we stayed in the Timbers)and they are all equipped their own bread maker which they bake daily at 3pm. When you enter the room it smells heavenly... like grandmas kitchen. The food is glorious! Chef Michael is a genius. Each course of our dinner was served by the chef personally in our room (he only does 2 in room dinners a nite so reserve him early). I had pretzel crusted salmon and he had a garlic goat cheese stuffed filet... both to die for! The other staff are all so pleasant and go out of their way to please their guests. Will definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014

From the minute Gabe and Michael greeted my husband and me at the door - to the yummy breakfast-to-go for our long drive back to Los Angeles, three days later-this boutique hotel experience was amazing! We stayed in the French Quarter suite and it was so romantic and comfy with a lovely mountain view! The feather bed feel of the California King bed was heavenly and the 2 fireplaces and the two person Jacuzzi tub are really a lovely treat! We had fresh baked bread ready for us each day and the hors d'oeuvres at 4 pm were so good. I can't wait to try Gabe and Michael's recipes.

Our friends from Phoenix came to visit us and it is just a little hard to find late at night, so make sure to ask for really detailed directions when you make reservations - especially if you are coming in late. We also had dinner at the Oak Creek Brewing Company and Ken's Creekside which were recommended by Michael and they were both yummy-especially the BBQ Ribs at Oak Creek.

It is so nice to find a whole crew of hoteliers that really know how to treat guests. The lovely ladies who take care of the rooms are always smiling and everyone seems like they love their jobs! A real treat when traveling in this country!

We can not wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms look very nice online but we only saw the French Quarter,the Silver Spur and the other...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belgin L
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Yes, there were some averages during my stay at this place. First, if you are a first time visitor to Sedona and arriving late at night as I did, this place is hard to find. Poorly sign posted and so well hidden that not even the local gas station attendant knew where it was. At 10.30pm, looking for this place for 30 minutes, I was well lost.

But one of the managers, Gabriel, actually answered his cell phone at 10.30pm and directed me where to go. Good service was a 5. Locating the poorly sign posted place was a 2.

Indeed Gabriel cooked during the weekend. He isn't quite Nobu Matsuhisa or Jamie Oliver. Home cooked food is what you will get and it is a 3+ quality.

But, they will make you anything you want, give you more food and bring it to your room. They listen and serve. Another 5.

The room was the White Dove. Enormous and romantic with a superb view. A bathroom as big as most hotel rooms. Exquisitely appointed, superb king bed, lush carpet, Jacuzzi tub and elegant walk in shower. Fresh bread and little chocolates. Absolute 5.

Beaten and tired, I tried the spa. Masseuse Robin, a reiki master, listened to everything I said and used her well proven hands to make me feel 10 years younger. Another 5.

And finally, when I put it all together, I simply haven't been treated better in a hotel in the United States for a very long time. This place is a throw back of valuing guests that predates today's electronic age as the hotel is full of people with great interpersonal skills. What a concept. I WILL be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank saravanan b
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I went there for New Years. Our room was amazing, the service was superb and the experience was excellent. This place is very romantic and very quaint. The staff recommended great restaurants and knew the town well. The breakfast is also way above par. You can't go wrong with this place!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple