My 13-year-old titled this review, but the whole family agrees. It was amazing, worth every penny, and we can't wait to go back.
Don't let the sub-par photos on their website fool you. It is impossible to show how lovely the grounds are in the photos, and the themed decor can read a bit cheesy from the website, but it isn't. It's perfect!
We stayed in the Wagon Wheel room and the details, as mentioned by other reviewers, are wonderful. When we checked in there were complimentary beverages and a delicious appetizer in the lobby, and were given a tour. Our room was filled with the smell of fresh-baked bread...because there was a loaf of freshly-baked bread waiting for us in the bread maker in our little kitchen! We had bread every day of our stay. In the evening we would send our kids to the lobby to get enough hot cookies for the family.
The kitchen in our room was well-equipped with dishes, cutlery, etc., and had a basket of free snacks as well as flavored creamer and butter in the fridge. These details just made the stay so very wonderful. The bathroom had Aveda products and we enjoyed the water-pump shower and the fireplace near the bathtub.
The chef is unreal and the food is outrageous. We had breakfast delivered to our villa (no additional charge) and dined out on our patio, enjoying scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and balsamic vinegar asparagus one morning and bananas foster french toast with sausage another morning.
The pool is small but nicely landscaped and has an adjacent hot tub. Little touches like a fridge of help-yourself bottled water and real beach towels instead of just regular white towels made it feel comfy and homey.
To top it off, the staff was super-friendly, helpful, but stayed out of your way so you could have a nice, quiet vacation. My husband and I took our three boys, ages 6, 11 and 13, and this stay was a highlight of a week-long trip from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon to Phoenix.
The sign for the property is very small and easy to miss, so it might be hard to find if you aren't paying attention. The sign is lit in the evening and easier to see. I saw some reviewers remarked that there was no view. I did not even notice the lack of the view. I was too busy soaking in the wonderful things Adobe Grand had to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Thunder mountain in Beautful west Sedona, Conveniently located to the areas best restaurants and shopping. Enjoy the serenity of our 900 ft or larger, grand private villas, complete with freshly baked bread in your room. Gourmet breakfast prepared fresh daily, and complimentary snacks, and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Adobe Grand Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adobe Grand Villas Hotel Sedona
- Adobe Grand Hotel
- Hotel Adobe Grand
- Adobe Grand Villas Sedona, Arizona