“Incredible Stay at the Adobe Grand Villas”
Review of Adobe Grand Villas

Adobe Grand Villas
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Toronto
“Incredible Stay at the Adobe Grand Villas”
Reviewed 19 May 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Adobe Grand Villas for 3 nights on our honeymoon while in Sedona. Minutes drive away from a great variety of hikes--which you'll want to do in Sedona--this place a unique, romantic ambiance of its own.

All the rooms are a bit different, but ours had a two-person jetted tub, antiquated double sink, fireplace, a large, comfy bed, and small kitchenette. Spacious, comfortable.
Small T.V. If you're interested in watching movies/T.V, this isn't really your place, though they do have a nice variety of videos in the main room for guests to borrow from should you be feeling tired/bored. This place is best served as a retreat from the big city!

Perhaps it was the fact we were extremely eager for our holiday after an early flight and the 12 months of wedding planning, or maybe it was because of the friendly faces, the smell of freshly baking bread in our room, the late-night cookie delivery, or the gourmet breakfast's in the morning and tasty appetizers at night (this place certainly goes beyond the definition of B&B!), but this place has certainly earned a place in our memories for a very long time.

It is notably more expensive than many other places, but for us it was well worth it.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 18 May 2010

This was our second stay at AGV and I am sure not our last. Both visits we had such a wonderful experience. First, all of the rooms are so beautifully decorated and spacious. The smell of fresh baked bread greets you upon arrival to your room- we like to slice it and take it with us on our hiking trips throughout the weekend. The staff is very welcoming and friendly- always willing to go the extra mile to make your stay great. I love the fact that the lobby is really more of a living room that is comfortabe to relax in while enjoying a snack or cookies left out by the chef. Speaking of the chef- we had him (Michael) prepare us dinner and serve us in our villa. What a wonderful experience. It was so romantic, I highly recomend having Michael cook for you, his food is out of this world. The breakfast is mouth watering also- from light fluffy pancakes to light fluffy omlets everything I have ever eaten there has been exceptional.

The jetted tub with firleplace, unique shower with water that pours from clay pots, and great Aveda products provided by AGV makes the bathroom a great place to destress. If you need a little more, check out the spa. We had a couples massage called Hiker's Delight. 90 minutes of hot stone massage and foot treatments. I found this to be more moving than the vortexes. Robin and Linda were our therapists and I will ask for them by name on our next trip.

The bed and pillows.... we love love love how comfortable the bed is. The pillows and mattress both soft yet supportive along with a down comforter between sheets is a perfect place to slumber for many hours.

I would HIGHLY recomend Adobe Grand Villas for a romantic weekend!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
PA
Reviewed 17 May 2010

The is was very nice. It was like staying in a large home, but very private. My husband and I don't like saying in B&Bs - we don't feel the need to socialize with the inn keepers or others staying at the inn. This was perfect - we could come and go un-noticed if we wanted or we could choose to enter into common space for breakfast or a snack to socialize.

Very quiet and peaceful hideaway. We stayed in the White Dove Room. Large room with balcony, fireplace, kitchenette, comfy bed and large spa tub in the back of the resort.

Inn keepers were nice and the have home made bread baking in your room at check-in. Snacks are free in room and in the lobby. pool is very nice, but not much area to lay-out.

Very Clean

I'd stay here again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Traveled to Sedona with my family so we wanted some room to spread out, Adobe Grand Villas rooms are large and spacious as advertised. The rest is just OK.

On arrival we were greeted by Ingrid a stern German (or maybe Austrian) who handed me a sheet of rules and instructed me to read them at the table and to sign and let her know when I was finished. No "hello welcome to Sedona" no "are you thirsty after your drive?" No it was read the rules which includes a clause that they have the right to throw your bags on the street if you are not out of your room promptly at check out time. Please the money they are charging they could be a little more gracious. The room was large and spacious. The kitchen was not set up to cook in. No bowls of any kind the only silverware and plates are what is set out the table and I think there were two small pots. Ancient 26" CRT TV's that you need to use multiple remotes for because no one has programed the universal remote that comes with the DirecTv box. They hide the bath sheets in the closet and leave the small Econo Lodge type towels by the shower and bath. The water closet door in our bath would not latch. The rest of the staff was extremely helpful and nice. I have noticed a lot of discussion on the breakfast here but I enjoyed what was offered which changes daily. Granted there are no choices for breakfast but it was always well prepared and veryy good.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank rob b
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 21 April 2010

This place was amazing. The staff was outgoing and friendly, the rooms were exquisite, the food was great, and there are so many “small touches” that you would never find at any chain resort, no matter how fancy. How many hotels stock your room with bottled water, juices, gourmet sodas, and snacks and don't charge you additional obscene prices? How many places have warm bread baking in your room when you arrive? How many places have bathrooms larger than most hotel rooms?

Sedona is one of the most picturesque places in America but when you stay at the Adobe Grand, you almost feel like you should stay inside and enjoy your room. It is that nice. My recommendation would be to plan for one night at your hotel. Order some delicious pizza from Picazzo’s, grab a six pack of some local beer (Oak Creek Brewery) or wine (Stronghold Vineyard), and retreat to your room for the evening.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Maryland
Reviewed 17 April 2010

As is the standard now, I checked Trip Advisor for recommendations on our Sedona vacation and found the comments about The Adobe Grand Villas enough to win us over on our choice of places to stay. And we weren't dissapointed! We arrived a little later then planned after taking a few side trips from an overnight in Phoenix, to find fresh baked cookies in the main house and a very friendly welcome. The grounds were gorgeous, flowers everywhere, and our villa was secluded and welcoming with fresh baked bread just out of our mini bread oven waiting for us. We stayed in the Silver Spur Villa which was tastefully decorated with warm colors and southwestern style handmade crafted wood furniture and decorations. There was a basket of goodies with snacks, a beautifully set dinning table in our mini kitchen and nearly everything we needed to make our stay special and not overdone. There was a fireplace in both the main room and upstairs loft bedroom as well as a cast iron stove next to the large soaking tub in the bathroom. A nice flat screen TV (who needs that?) and huge bathrooms with comfy robes and slippers. Bring your CD's as there was a CD player and speakers in the villa, even in the master bathroom! Our boys, 14 & 12 found plenty to do exploring the property and even though it was a little chilly outside, they enjoyed the hot tub and pool, which is small but fine. My husband enjoyed a last minute massage, and I loved sitting on our private patio. Each afternoon, the chef would have something special waiting in the main house for guests to nibble on including home made pizza, appetizers and warm cookies. If we needed something once the staff left for the evening, we could let ourselves into the kitchen and grab it. Things like wine glasses, bottled water, videos, tea, coffee, ice, magazines, books, etc. You couldn't do this at a larger hotel without a hassle!! One memorable night was sitting poolside at the fireplace, with a bottle of wine and enjoying the stars. It was incredibly romantic and just what we needed after a day of serious hiking (visit Devil's Bridge!). With a Safeway within 1 mile of the property, we were able to grab things that the kids would like to snack on and enjoy the amazing wine selection there at a fraction of the cost that we would pay at home for a bottle of good wine. There was also a Starbucks for those of you who can't go without it. Downtown Sedona was a five minute ride and there were plenty of places to eat out nearby. Breakfast at the Adobe was fantastic and we were even able to take fresh croissants one morning on an early Pink Jeep excursion. We will definitely return to the Adobe Grande on our next Arizona adventure, it was fantastic!
A few add-on bonus mentions:
Free laundry service
Small Business station with computer & Printer
Outdoor refridgerator stocked with bottled water
Turn down service with Chocolate Mints
Fruit/Candy and Mixed Nuts in the main house
Hot chocolate, tea & coffee in the main house
In room breakfast dining
Private Chef available for in room or main house dining

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Travel2thebest1
Prescott, AZ
Reviewed 23 February 2010

The combination of unique aesthetics, attention to detail, and a fantastic staff ( the head chef in particular- who will, per request- serve you an unforgettable dinner in your room), all make the Adobe Grand a place I return to. I travel alone, and usually go hiking and have adventures during the day, and then return to such wonderful comfort...often take a jacuzzi, or if I want I can schedule a massage or go to the steam room. I happen to know that many engagements have been made there so romance is in...and I've also seen family's there, hanging out at the pool. I think there's something there for everyone. Truth be told, even though i usually have things to do in Sedona when I visit, I think I'd be perfectly happy to just be a hermit and bask in the sheer comfort of the Adobe Grand Villas.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo