“Best Hotel in Sedona--Adobe Grand Villas”
Review of Adobe Grand Villas

Adobe Grand Villas
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 10 June 2010

We arrived at the Adobe Grand Villas in Sedona, AZ around the 3 PM check-in time. We were greeted by very friendly personnel and given a tour of the facility. The landscaping is beautiful, with many colorful flowers and fragrant vines. Upon entering our room, we were immersed in the aroma of baking bread. All features of our room were shown to us as nothing was left to chance. The refrigerator was stocked with water, soft drinks plus jam, jelly and butter for the hot bread. There were also snacks to take with you if you went hiking. The room was very quiet as the air conditioning unit could not be heard. The television was a CRT unit with satellite service. The in-room Jacuzzi was wonderful with an ample supply of hot water. A King size bed provided a lovely night’s sleep as the mattress and pillows were just perfect. There was a book with all local information including hiking trails, tours, restaurants, shops and galleries. Out by the swimming pool, there was a refrigerator stocked with cold water. The included hot breakfast was one of the best we ever experienced; fluffy pancakes with heated syrup! If you wanted something different than offered, the chef made it for you. We would say that this is our new favorite place to stay in Sedona. The only thing we noticed on the down side was the lack of low energy using fluorescent lighting. In time we feel that will be addressed. Upon checking out, we were shown several other rooms. Each one was unique. One had a wagon theme—the bed had wheels at each corner while the room was decorated in this Western theme. Other units had entry doors with a working water feature! The craftsmanship is very high which reflects the pride of ownership.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2010

Room and service was Extraordinary. I stayed in the French Quarter room which was decorated so authentic. The huge jacuzzi tub with a fireplace was amazing. The featherbed was so comfortable and the fireplace there was so special. The mini-kitchen with complimentary snacks, water and beverages was so handy and the fresh baked bread in my room every day topped it off. The landscaping was breathtaking. Jacquiline, the french chef prepared unbelievable complimentary breakfasts, afternoon snacks and evening pastries. On my last night, I had dinner prepared by Michael, the private chef and it was perhaps the best dinner I've ever had. Finally, the personalized service was at a level I had never had before. I highly suggest this place for anyone traveling to Sedona and I plan on going back every 3 months for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2010

A wonderful experience! Cozy home-like atmosphere.
Quiet and relaxing environment. Wow. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Adobe Grand Villas for 3 nights on our honeymoon while in Sedona. Minutes drive away from a great variety of hikes--which you'll want to do in Sedona--this place a unique, romantic ambiance of its own.

All the rooms are a bit different, but ours had a two-person jetted tub, antiquated double sink, fireplace, a large, comfy bed, and small kitchenette. Spacious, comfortable.
Small T.V. If you're interested in watching movies/T.V, this isn't really your place, though they do have a nice variety of videos in the main room for guests to borrow from should you be feeling tired/bored. This place is best served as a retreat from the big city!

Perhaps it was the fact we were extremely eager for our holiday after an early flight and the 12 months of wedding planning, or maybe it was because of the friendly faces, the smell of freshly baking bread in our room, the late-night cookie delivery, or the gourmet breakfast's in the morning and tasty appetizers at night (this place certainly goes beyond the definition of B&B!), but this place has certainly earned a place in our memories for a very long time.

It is notably more expensive than many other places, but for us it was well worth it.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2010

This was our second stay at AGV and I am sure not our last. Both visits we had such a wonderful experience. First, all of the rooms are so beautifully decorated and spacious. The smell of fresh baked bread greets you upon arrival to your room- we like to slice it and take it with us on our hiking trips throughout the weekend. The staff is very welcoming and friendly- always willing to go the extra mile to make your stay great. I love the fact that the lobby is really more of a living room that is comfortabe to relax in while enjoying a snack or cookies left out by the chef. Speaking of the chef- we had him (Michael) prepare us dinner and serve us in our villa. What a wonderful experience. It was so romantic, I highly recomend having Michael cook for you, his food is out of this world. The breakfast is mouth watering also- from light fluffy pancakes to light fluffy omlets everything I have ever eaten there has been exceptional.

The jetted tub with firleplace, unique shower with water that pours from clay pots, and great Aveda products provided by AGV makes the bathroom a great place to destress. If you need a little more, check out the spa. We had a couples massage called Hiker's Delight. 90 minutes of hot stone massage and foot treatments. I found this to be more moving than the vortexes. Robin and Linda were our therapists and I will ask for them by name on our next trip.

The bed and pillows.... we love love love how comfortable the bed is. The pillows and mattress both soft yet supportive along with a down comforter between sheets is a perfect place to slumber for many hours.

I would HIGHLY recomend Adobe Grand Villas for a romantic weekend!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2010

The is was very nice. It was like staying in a large home, but very private. My husband and I don't like saying in B&Bs - we don't feel the need to socialize with the inn keepers or others staying at the inn. This was perfect - we could come and go un-noticed if we wanted or we could choose to enter into common space for breakfast or a snack to socialize.

Very quiet and peaceful hideaway. We stayed in the White Dove Room. Large room with balcony, fireplace, kitchenette, comfy bed and large spa tub in the back of the resort.

Inn keepers were nice and the have home made bread baking in your room at check-in. Snacks are free in room and in the lobby. pool is very nice, but not much area to lay-out.

Very Clean

I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Traveled to Sedona with my family so we wanted some room to spread out, Adobe Grand Villas rooms are large and spacious as advertised. The rest is just OK.

On arrival we were greeted by Ingrid a stern German (or maybe Austrian) who handed me a sheet of rules and instructed me to read them at the table and to sign and let her know when I was finished. No "hello welcome to Sedona" no "are you thirsty after your drive?" No it was read the rules which includes a clause that they have the right to throw your bags on the street if you are not out of your room promptly at check out time. Please the money they are charging they could be a little more gracious. The room was large and spacious. The kitchen was not set up to cook in. No bowls of any kind the only silverware and plates are what is set out the table and I think there were two small pots. Ancient 26" CRT TV's that you need to use multiple remotes for because no one has programed the universal remote that comes with the DirecTv box. They hide the bath sheets in the closet and leave the small Econo Lodge type towels by the shower and bath. The water closet door in our bath would not latch. The rest of the staff was extremely helpful and nice. I have noticed a lot of discussion on the breakfast here but I enjoyed what was offered which changes daily. Granted there are no choices for breakfast but it was always well prepared and veryy good.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family