My husband and I just spent four nights in Sedona, our first trip to this place. We picked the AGV based on Tripadvisor reviews and were very pleased with the result. My husband doesn't like B&Bs and was very apprehensive, but he ended up enjoying the stay a lot (no forced interaction with other guests, etc.). We got a special discounted summer rate and chose the Cactus Flower suite.
The pluses: Personal tour of the grounds and suite by hotel staff. Beautiful property with adobe-style architecture, unique artistic touches, gorgeous landscaping, and very quiet setting. Huge suite with a very comfortable and unique bed, kitchenette with all the amenities, gigantic bathroom, two fireplaces, and everything we needed for our stay. Fresh baked bread on our arrival and every day we requested it. Simple but tasty breakfast delivered upon request to our suite every morning. Free snacks and drinks, plus extras in the common room (warm brownies, goldfish, chocolates, etc.). Small touches, such as a personalized note, specially folded toilet paper, comfy robes and blankets, and beautifully crafted mosaics, tiles, and furniture. Staff was helpful but not intrusive at all; my husband found out he was allergic to the bedding detergent and the staff fixed it by the next night. They also helped us with a couple of excursions. Grounds were generally very quiet and parking was never a problem.
The minuses: Not much to say here. The entrance is a little hard to see, as the sign blends in a little with the scenery. No DVD remote; not sure if we were missing it or if we couldn't find it, but it wasn't a big deal and we didn't even bother to ask about it. Not enough bright light at the sink area. I'm really nitpicking here!
In terms of location, there's not much close by, although there's a convenient gas station and convenience store nearby. Further up the main road you'll find a Safeway, Starbucks, and restaurants. The east side of Sedona is where most of the shopping is located. If you like Italian food and good service, check out Troias; we ate there twice. We would definitely stay at AGV again if given the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Thunder mountain in Beautful west Sedona, Conveniently located to the areas best restaurants and shopping. Enjoy the serenity of our 900 ft or larger, grand private villas, complete with freshly baked bread in your room. Gourmet breakfast prepared fresh daily, and complimentary snacks, and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Adobe Grand Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adobe Grand Villas Hotel Sedona
- Adobe Grand Hotel
- Hotel Adobe Grand
- Adobe Grand Villas Sedona, Arizona