“Way overpriced!”

Ranked #85 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: With breath-taking scenery and beautiful views from our rooftop cantina, Oaxaca has earned it's title Local Secret/Big Find by Travelocity. This old world style Mexican restaurant located in Uptown Sedona offers casual family dining with an extensive menu Traditional and Modern Mexican flavors with a taste for everyone!
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Service was nothing great, food was nothing great, prices were ridiculously high for Mexican food. I guess if you're situated smack dab in the center of Uptown Sedona, you can charge highway robbery prices and get away with it. I'm not cheap and am happy to pay for good food & good service, neither of which we got here.

It wasn't very busy at lunch so maybe people are finding better value elsewhere? Just sayin'....

I would not eat here again. Drive a little farther down the road and find something more reasonable.

oaxacarestraurant, Public Relations Manager at Oaxaca Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

I am sorry you found Oaxaca to be over priced, I can assure you our prices are comparable to the other restaurants in Uptown Sedona. We do however value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to write the review.

There are newer reviews for Oaxaca Restaurant

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was my 3rd visit to Oaxaca Restaurant in Sedona. The view is spectacular so try and get a table near the window. I had the beef enchiladas and they were quite good. My Mom had a appetizer nachos which was a huge portion and could easily feed 3 people as their meals. My friend had the flautas and said that they were delicious. The one item that keeps my Mom coming back is their flan; she swears that it's the best flan that she's had and having traveled as much as she has, she's tried it in other places and still raves about this one.

AWESOME! Thank you so much for being a return customer! We love the feedback from our regulars! :) And tell Mom thanks! We are ticked to know that she feels that way!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Glad I had not read reviews before we went. We had a great lunch there. I was a bit leery of eating there since it looked a bit touristy, but we had a nice meal. We did the cactus appetizer, and I had posole as main course. There were 4 of us, and we were all pleased.

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so glad to hear you had a good time and we look forward for to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stopped in for lunch this week and were let down. There were four of us, we all ordered lunch and three of us wanted margaritas. The waiter talked us into a pitcher saying it would be cheaper that way. The salsa was bland and tasted like tomato sauce. The food was mediocre at best. The bill came it was over $100. If you sit upstairs the view is incredible, but the food is not very good and way overpriced!

Thank Jerrod and Trac... R
oaxacarestraurant, Public Relations Manager at Oaxaca Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Oaxaca this month. Did you comment to the wait staff about the salsa? We do offer hotter and spicier salsas which you might have enjoyed more. All of our hotter salsas are on request only, as we do cater to such a large audience with such ranging tastes. We also gladly would have prepared you a new dish or an alternative if complaints were mentioned at the time to your server. The prices at Oaxaca are comparable to local restaurants in the Uptown corridor where we are located, so I am very sorry if you felt that was enough for the negative review. I do hope you'll give us a chance to make it up to you in the future. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

we try the shrimp tacos,,and the cactus tacos..shrimp was boil no flavor ,,cactus was from a can,the tortillas was cold..the salsa for the chips were from a can..no authentic whats soo ever.the chicken was not good..beans were from a can too..it was nothing authentic..you guys no better than that if you a managar reading this you should try your own food is nothing good...the place is really nice,,but the food is awful..que mala honda de manchar la comida mexicana..con comida de lata..

2  Thank VICTORER
oaxacarestraurant, Public Relations Manager at Oaxaca Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for writing your review. Did you mention any of your complaints to your server? We gladly would have brought you another dish, or a substitute. We want all of our guests to leave happy with our food and our service. I am very sorry you didn't enjoy yourself while you were here. Your review will be shared with the staff. Thank you again for posting.