“Girl's spa day”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Girl's spa day”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a great massage (I had Bobbi). My friend had a German woman. They both did an excellent job. Of course the price for the massage was outrageous ($120) and I don't think any massage is worth that but I had a gift certificate. I liked the amenities in the spa area as well. They had a steam room, showers, lockers that you create your own code with, toiletries and a small hot tub outside.

We spent the rest of our time at the pool. Drinks were expensive but good and in large cups ($9 for a Blue Hawaiian for example). We ate some chipotle chicken strips with bleu cheese dipping sauce which were good. The bill was quite overwhelming for the pool and the guy added his own 20% tip. The pool area was nice but got a little crowded after a while. They had nice chairs and umbrellas. We spent more time there than we thought, but were having a good time and weren't in a rush to do much else.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank hotrodgurl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2012

When we need a quick escape from the Valley, we like to come to Sedona. We have stayed at the Sedona Rouge several times.

We usually come up in the Summer - off season - and so we get really smokin' deals through the webpage or through Groupon. We have never actually paid the full price - and I doubt we would.

It is next door to a Safeway, and a really god deli - I see both of those as positives.

The rooms are really comfortable. I like the beds. The decor is colorful and fresh. It is peaceful - not a place for little kids. I like this it, and will return.

Room Tip: Each time we have stayed in a different style room. The rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor have wonderfu...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AZwanderlust
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was our first trip out to Sedona and we didn't know where to stay. After researching and reading several reviews on the internet, we decided to give the Sedona Rouge a try. We stayed there for 3 days in May. Over all, we enjoyed our stay at the Sedona Rouge.The lobby has a Zen-like appeal with running fountains.Behind the hotel you have a view of some of the famous Sedona red rocks. But judging from its location, the Sedona Rouge must have been a motel in its previous lifetime and has been given an extensive face lift. The room was very clean and very comfortable with a lovely large bathroom complete with a shower fit for two ;) However, our third floor room came with a view of the parking lot and the busy route 89A. I was not impressed with the roof top deck for viewing the stars at night. The glare coming from the Safeway sign next door interfered with that. Location means a lot. And in this case, it wasn't a plus. However, The Spa was lovely but services a bit "over priced".

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a view of the red rocks.
3 Thank jtrn
Danbury
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We had the $498 Groupon for 3 nights, a couples massage, a bottle of wine, and $25 per day at Reds Restaurant. Well worth the money! The massage alone was $235 making the room less then $100 a night. Our room was a 3rd floor corner with floor to ceiling windows on two sides and red rock views. Very clean, huge shower with dual shower heads. Nice pool and patio area, great restaurant, nice fitness room, no complaints. Would stay here again and I have been to Sedona several times. Just be aware, it is a "hotel" not a resort. The spa is nice and comfortable, but you don't get the lush expansive feel of a resort.

Room Tip: 3rd floor corner with red rock view
1 Thank Jamie_KDanbury
Washington, DC
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I had high expectations of Sedona Rouge after having done my research on travel sites like tripadvisor. For the most part, I was pleased with my four-day stay at the end of May. Though my third-floor room had a direct view of a construction site complete with bright yellow tractors, I could also see some of a red-rock formation from the small balcony outside of the well-appointed bedroom. While on the balcony, I could hear the traffic from the route 89A in front of the hotel, though that noise was for the most part faint. Almost all of the noise was drowned out by the air conditioning unit. The facilities at the hotel are uniformly high-quality; these include the room (with a very nice glassed-in shower with two heads), the spacious and high-ceilinged lobby complete with fountain, the Spa (wonderful for a hot-stone massage!), and the on-site restaurant, Reds. The ambience and food at Reds were superior; the service on each of my two dinner visits was, however, perfunctory, with wait staff less than engaging. The hotel's proximity to the highway, while close, made the hotel's location handy and within walking distance of several restaurants in a range of cuisines. While I had called ahead more than a week in advance to get a room facing directly onto the red rocks, I was disappointed by my room's location. I would recommend Sedona Rouge (and already have recommended it to friend from Tucson), but recommend trying to get a 'room with a view' and no highway noise.

Room Tip: As I noted above, I had called ahead more than a week in advance to get a room facing directly onto...
2 Thank DCKev
Roseville, California
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights. We arrived and liked the hotel immediately. The decor and water fountains were nice. We were checked in with friendly greeting. Our room was very clean and had nice ammenities. The bathroom had double shower and is huge. Our bed was super cozy and soft. Usually we can't sleep at hotels but this was an exception. Nice flat screen and nice big mirror in room. We ate at Reds for convenience and really liked it as well. We would have liked a room with a view maybe next time. Good convenient area. We will def be back. Sedona was majestic.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Chad P
los angeles, ca
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Absolutely loved the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa! The staff was helpful and friendly at every turn. The property itself is lovely and initimate - very un-hotel like - not stuffy or cold or impersonal. The guest room was spacious and comfortable and the bed was heavenly. Large bathroom too! The only negative (which is minimal) is that the balcony is too small to sit outside. In such a peaceful place, I would have liked to be able to have morning coffee on my private balcony. There is an outdoor observation deck but sometimes you just want to step outside your door in your jammies!!
I also experienced the Sedona Rouge Spa. All I can say is WOW! A completely zen experience! My masseuse, Allen, was incredible - one of the best massages I have had (and as a spa connoisseur I have had many!). This massage was also enhance by one of the most peaceful spa atmospheres ever. An outdoor private jacuzzi (men and women each have their own jacuzzis), a meditation/waiting area that I didnt want to leave and friendly, attentive staff were delicious icing on an amazing cake!

Room Tip: Not sure there are any bad rooms but as a general rule, I always prefer a room above the first floor...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends