“Great girls spa weekend at Sedona Rouge!”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great girls spa weekend at Sedona Rouge!”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My girlfriends and I spent 2 nights and 2 days at Sedona Rouge this June, and had a fabulous time. We bought a deal on Travelzoo, which was an amazing value - hotel for 2 people, daily yoga, daily breakfast, daily apps at the bar, and 2 spa treatments valued at $240 for only $399 total. We arrived in Sedona in the late afternoon, after driving 2 hours from Phoenix, and immediately went to the bar for apps and drinks. We got huge apps to share complimentary during 4 - 6 happy hour. The asian-style tuna was delicious with a peanut sauce and asian salad. I was a bit weary of tuna in Arizona, after all I live in Boston...but it was tasty!

Then, we decided to it the spa for our 6pm appointments, after being very full, and after a lovely massage we headed to the hot tub. Sedona is much cooler than Phoenix at night, so this was great to do at the end of the day, and the pool/hot tub is open late so you can take an evening dip.

That evening we had a pretty tasty dinner at Reds, the restaurant there. Its not fancy by any means, but I think it had decent food and flavors, esp. for a hotel restaurant. And they were very accomodating to our food and drink requests.

The next day, we work up and had a nice stretch at morning yoga, which was fabulous as we practiced outside by the pool in the cool/fresh air. We then headed to a delicious breakfast, complete with cheddar jalapeno french toast, tofu scramble, and lots of yummy egg dishes. We fueled up for our hike at Cathedral Rock, which was beautiful but very hot (reco doing this in the early morning or evening cause its cooler), then back to our hotel for some much needed pool time. The hotel is small and boutique-like, so there is no pool bar, but there was a nice fellow who brought our drinks to the pool, and our appetizers (at happy hour) to the spa right before our appointments. This time, I had a lovely hot stone massage while my friends picked from the VERY extensive spa menu. It was very hard to choose, but we all enjoyed the treatments we picked very much.

I had a great stay at Sedona Rouge. I loved how utterly flexible the staff were, in almost every sense. Whether it was breakfast by the pool, drinks at the spa, extra appetizers at happy hour, they did their best to make us happy. This really benefitted us as we were able to fit in everything into 1 weekend. If I had to do again, I would stay 3 days. Overall, I was always full and wonderfully relaxed at Sedona Rouge...definitely recommended for a girls weekend or couples weekend away.

Room Tip: pick a room on the first floor by the pool so you can snag a patio!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Plahottie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My parents actually live in Sedona so I had a place to stay. But as the owner a travel agency, I like to check out hotels when I travel so I stayed one night at the Sedona Rouge.

The location of the hotel might be seen by some as a negative as it is not right
in the heart of the three of four block area most people think of when they
refer to Central Sedona. To me, however, the location is a positive. With
Central Sedona just a short drive away, the Sedona Rouge is located in a
convenient spot to drive to the scenic Sedona Airport, the Red Rock Loop with
great views of Cathedral Rock and is on the way from Sedona to the scenic town
of Jerome.

My hotel room had a partial view of the red rocks. It was quiet, tastefully
decorated and very comfortable. I took some time to go to the jacuzzi, although
I did not have time for a spa treatment.

The staff at the hotel was extremely accommodating, polite and helpful.

In a nutshell I would personally highly recommend the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
for my clients and for readers of Trip Advisor.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank findacruisedeal
las vegas
Reviewed 15 June 2012

What can we say about a couples massage at the spa. Well my wonderful wife and I finally did a couples massage at this beautiful spa in the Sedona Rouge Hotel.My wife is a massage fanatic and this was really my first real massage spa experience. Guys, don't wait as many years as I did. Oh what I have been missing! The staff and facilities were top notch. It was perfect!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gapcmp
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Lovely oasis of tranquilly. After almost 3,000 miles of touring this was my favorite hotel of the trip. Beautifully appointed rooms, wonderful bathroom amenities, really good staff who know good serve. The pool area was very relaxing and the sap area beyond was very plush.

Over all the rooms were superbly comfortable, excellent shower, the soaps where all hand made I think, we bought some to take home.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank itraveldotocm
Blenheim, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a great massage (I had Bobbi). My friend had a German woman. They both did an excellent job. Of course the price for the massage was outrageous ($120) and I don't think any massage is worth that but I had a gift certificate. I liked the amenities in the spa area as well. They had a steam room, showers, lockers that you create your own code with, toiletries and a small hot tub outside.

We spent the rest of our time at the pool. Drinks were expensive but good and in large cups ($9 for a Blue Hawaiian for example). We ate some chipotle chicken strips with bleu cheese dipping sauce which were good. The bill was quite overwhelming for the pool and the guy added his own 20% tip. The pool area was nice but got a little crowded after a while. They had nice chairs and umbrellas. We spent more time there than we thought, but were having a good time and weren't in a rush to do much else.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank hotrodgurl
Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2012

When we need a quick escape from the Valley, we like to come to Sedona. We have stayed at the Sedona Rouge several times.

We usually come up in the Summer - off season - and so we get really smokin' deals through the webpage or through Groupon. We have never actually paid the full price - and I doubt we would.

It is next door to a Safeway, and a really god deli - I see both of those as positives.

The rooms are really comfortable. I like the beds. The decor is colorful and fresh. It is peaceful - not a place for little kids. I like this it, and will return.

Room Tip: Each time we have stayed in a different style room. The rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor have wonderfu...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AZwanderlust
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was our first trip out to Sedona and we didn't know where to stay. After researching and reading several reviews on the internet, we decided to give the Sedona Rouge a try. We stayed there for 3 days in May. Over all, we enjoyed our stay at the Sedona Rouge.The lobby has a Zen-like appeal with running fountains.Behind the hotel you have a view of some of the famous Sedona red rocks. But judging from its location, the Sedona Rouge must have been a motel in its previous lifetime and has been given an extensive face lift. The room was very clean and very comfortable with a lovely large bathroom complete with a shower fit for two ;) However, our third floor room came with a view of the parking lot and the busy route 89A. I was not impressed with the roof top deck for viewing the stars at night. The glare coming from the Safeway sign next door interfered with that. Location means a lot. And in this case, it wasn't a plus. However, The Spa was lovely but services a bit "over priced".

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a view of the red rocks.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple