“Great vacation in Sedona!”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Yorba Linda, California
“Great vacation in Sedona!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My family of four stayed at the Sedona Rouge for six night at the beginning of June. The staff, everyone at the front desk, to the restaurant (Reds), to the pool, to the spa, was very friendly and accommodating and we felt very welcome there. The rooms are cozy with lovely little fireplaces and the shower in the bathroom is huge! We had gorgeous views of the beautiful red rocks from our little balconies. The beds are very comfortable and everything was very clean. The pool was also very nice and we had some great drinks and food by the pool as well. The spa is amazing!!!! We spent two days at the spa and all had wonderful treatments. They will treat you like a king or queen there, so don't pass up the opportunity to get a spa treatment while you are visiting! Reds, the restaurant attached to the hotel, was great. We had breakfast there almost every morning and dinner there a few times, and we were never disappointed. It was always delicious. If you're looking for a nice, cozy, quiet getaway in the middle of Sedona, this is the place to go!

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 premiere red rock king rooms on the 3rd floor. They have high ceilings and nice views...
4 Thank Arielle K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Glendale, California
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is a great hotel! Booking, reception, everything handled very well. Rooms were very nice. I highly recommend this hotel. They also went very much out of their way to help me. I left behind my iPad cable and did not realize it for one month. They said that nothing was reported in my room, however, they went out of their way to check my daughter's room (without me even asking) and found the cable. They are mailing it. This is a very nicely run hotel and I would return without a doubt. Nice people!

1 Thank TeriGhaemmaghami
, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
I appreciate your taking time to note your thoughts and comments.

I am glad we found the iPad cable.....

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Our family of four stayed at the Sedona Rouge for two nights this past New Year's and thought it was great. Rates were very reasonable for the area that time of year and the service was very good. The property is smaller, but that only adds to the intimate, relaxed vibe. We had a first-floor room with a patio that opened directly to the pool, a feature the kids loved! Though we were close to the lobby on the first floor, it remained quiet even on New Year's Eve. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Some first floor rooms face the pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Eric C
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I brought my Mom to Sedona for a 3 day trip. We stayed 3 nights at the Sedona Rouge and it was awesome. First, what a great deal we received..a discount on the rate..plus our 3rd night was free! This is such a wonderful hotel, the staff was friendly and courteous. The hotel is conveniently located and sits right in front of Thunder Mountain..what a view. Dinner at Reds, the hotel restaurant, was....well...I really can't say enough about the dinner. Steaks cooked perfectly...friendly staff...never had to ask for a refill...it blows the uptown steak place away! If you are planning a trip to Sedona, I highly recommend staying at the Sedona Rouge.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I cannot begin to tell you how much my husband and I truly enjoyed our time in Sedona but mostly our time at Sedona Rouge. I must go into detail to let you know how much we appreciate the level of service that was provided to us from the moment we walked on to the property. We were greeted by Colton, Nicole and Reisha. Reisha checked us in and thoroughly went over our package leaving no stone unturned. She was clear in her explanations and insightful in regards to her recommendations about local restaurants and activities and Colton and Nicole were there right by her side giving accurate and prompt input as well. The frontline staff is a perfect team. I must mention Colton as my husband was so impressed with his service and assistance. We traveled with our bikes and were allowed to store them on the premises. Never once did we feel as though if we asked for anything it would be any inconvenience. Smiles were all we saw. Colton was ready and willing to assist with an attitude that should make any manger proud.

As you know there are many restaurants in the area that have delicious food but one restaurant that we were extremely impressed with was right under our nose at the hotel, REDS. The food selections and preperation was absolutly amazing and I would be doing a disservice not to mention how the service made our dining experience even that much more memorable each time we enjoyed a meal there. I was afforded the opportunity to ask a question to the Ramon, the chef on duty. I was curious about how one of the items on the menu would actually taste. I had never heard of Jalapeño Chedder French Toast. I wasn't sure if I would like it or how it would taste an with no hesitation he offered to allow me to sample. A "sample" who does that but it won me over. Now I'm not sure if this is standard practice but I will say that as a business owner, I could appreciate and I was thankful for the level of service that he offered. It made perfect sense, why make a complete plate of food with the potential risk of waste but what was even more impressive was the staffs confidence that I would total enjoy it an BOY were they ever right and just because the cornflake French toast was also amazing I have to mention it. We were able to dine at REDS for breakfast, lunch and diner. Not only did Ramon offer great service but so did Francisco, Sergio and Dyanne, who I had the pleasure of meeting while having a quick lunch. She also gave me some of the best advice of that day as Sheldon and I headed off to the Pink Jeep's Broken Arrow Tour and that advice  was to remember not to smile too much as the dirt would get in our teeth. It was hilarious when she said it but was it ever helpful to know. I shared the words of wisdom with the new friends we made that were in our jeep and it added for much laughter throughout our ride. Thanks Dyanne!

I really could go on and on about the many wonderful experiences we had while at Sedona Rouge but the greatest testament to the service we received is the fact that we cannot wait to return. In such a short period of time we began to look forward each day to see Reisha, Colton or any of the Sedona Rouge staff as it felt like our new home away from home in Sedona.

Thank you so much for making our first visit to Sedona memorble and my June birthday vacation from my hubby one we both will never forget.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Chette925
I appreciate your taking time to note your thoughts and comments.

It's great to read about the staff and we honor our staff with Quarterly Awards for guest service.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this intimate, immaculate, accomodating resort. Great location and a staff that demonstrated concern for our comfort throughout our time there. The spa is first rate. We hope that the restaurant on-site will offer more vegan and vegetarian choices on our next visit as we're in that growing minority who voluntarily refrain from eating animal products. Fortunately, the resort is located a very short distance from an excellent organic, gluten-free, vegan restaurant. Other than that, we think this resort is a great value, offering luxury amenities, terrific access to the area, and an atmosphere built around serving the guests. We plan to return often.

Room Tip: Ground floor for easy access and a large patio, upper floors for views, south side faces the street...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Talk about the most friendly, considerate, accommodating hotel! The grounds are pristine, as are the rooms. The pool area is inviting and clean. We were fortunate to have one of the spa rooms and it's absolutely amazing! The view of Thunder Mountain, the air jetted tub for two, a comfortable bed, a shower head to die for (I took so many showers there, just to experience the amazing pressure!), plus the room sits above the spa at Sedona Rouge, it was so quiet and intimate, it didn't matter the hotel sits on SR 89A.

REDS restaurant is absolutely a great experience, not only in culinary but the service, second to none!

But, all these accolades mean nothing, without the fabulous staff at the Sedona Rouge... Every single staff member made sure to meet your eyes with respect, and promptly thank us for our patronage of their hotel... I was floored at the show of pride for their property!

Cannot wait to get back and enjoy more of the Sedona Rouge!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
I appreciate your taking time to note your thoughts and comments.

We will look forward to your next stay with us.