“Modern, Quiet, Quaint... Ready to come back!”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 July 2008

My husband and I just drove back from Sedona, and we were very happy with the hotel. Our goal was to have a quiet, relaxed, and romantic weekend in Sedona... and the Sedona Rouge was the perfect place for us.

We booked a Premier Red Rock room ($250/night), which should be the bare minimum if you decide to go. It had a view of the red rocks (rather than the street), vaulted ceilings, and a gas fireplace. Other rooms may not have all that, unless you book a suite. The hotel property does not take much much square footage, and the exterior and interior spaces were designed well. The room was a perfect cozy size, but the Mediterranean and North African modern interior design style makes the size a non-issue. I agree with the other reviewers -- the bed was heavenly. We slept in and took two naps each day.

The spa was verrry nice, the lounge was peaceful and quiet, with nice furniture, an patio, and a nice layout of ice water and plenty of hot tea choices. We scheduled a couples massage (hot stone) and my masseuse Carmela had the best pressure and the softest hands I have ever felt.

For us (young professionals in our mid-twenties trying to celebrate an affordable one-year anniversary), we got just what we needed: a modern romantic room, a couples massage, a pool, and a nice restaurant. The Sedona Rouge has all of this, even though it's not a huge 20 acre resort with 10 pools, golf course, or tennis courts. I was happy that I wasn't paying for what I didn't need. It was also important that there weren't too many kids running around.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dabblebabble
Write a ReviewReviews (1,559)

Reviewed 28 June 2008

This was our first visit to Sedona, and now that we've seen all the wondeful lodging options there, we know we'd stay somewhere else if we returned. On the positive side, the Sedona Rouge was clean and convenient, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom shower is what turned us off. The shower was a walk-in shower (with a glass barrier that went only half way across the opening.) When the shower was on, the water flowed out onto and flooded the bathroom floor. The first time it happened we sopped up the water with the bath towels and then called down for more towels. After that, we'd put towels along the floor to soak up the water. They still got soaked. It was quite unpleasant. If we hadn't prepaid our 2 night stay with Expedia, we might have gone somewhere else for the 2nd night.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ohio Traveller
Reviewed 15 June 2008

This was a very convenient hotel with an excellent spa. We booked a spa package which was a great value. The room was above average in furnishing and we appreciated the large rain shower. The hotel is in a built-up commercial area with a suburban feel (Safeway parking lot across the street), but that didn't detract much from the feel of the hotel property itself and made for an easy in and out with the car from the parking lot. The restaurant was sufficient but there are better options. After a days hiking though it's convenience was appreciated. I wish the spa had a sauna rather than a steam room but the massage was one of the best I've had at a spa resort. The staff were mostly very friendly but not overly so. I would return.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markobmf
Reviewed 7 June 2008

My wife and I recently enjoyed our first visit to Sedona and we stayed at the Sedona Rouge for two nights to celebrate our third wedding anniversary.

The room was spacious, comfortable and luxurious. The king size bed was among the two or three most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in - and I travel a lot for business and have been fortunate to stay at the Four Seasons. the Ritz Carlton, W's, etc. Despite being on the first floor, the high ceilings made the room feel airy and relaxing. The bathroom was large and stylish and everything was super-clean. It is also in a great location in the middle of Sedona. At the Expedia rate I booked, I found the hotel to be a great value.

My wife and I each had spa treatments about 1 hour after check-in - I had a full body massage, which was superb, and my wife really enjoyed her facial. The spa itself is a small but absolutely delightful - so calm, relaxing and pleasant. A great place to unwind and ease into your weekend. Each of us felt great after the treatments.

I was impressed with the friendly greetings, helpful service and thoughtful touches provided during our stay.

Outside of the hotel, we enjoyed great hiking (be sure to hike the Broken Arrow Trail to Submarine Rock and Chicken Point) and dining in Sedona.

My wife and I came away from the overall weekend feeling incredibly relaxed, recharged and with great memories of our third anniversary and first visit to Sedona.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmartel
Reviewed 5 June 2008

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in June and we loved the hotel. We had a deluxe room facing the red rocks; the room had vaulted ceilings, a fire place, a wonderful bed and a nice bathroom. Service was great - no complaints at all. I would highly recommend this hotel. The hotel is only a 5 minute drive from the actual strip of shops in Sedona.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PointBoy
Reviewed 3 June 2008

The Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa proved to be an excellent choice for us when considering accomodations in Sedona. RED was the featured color of the hotel, REDs was the name of the restaurant, RED was the color of the gorgeous mountains! The room was spacious,sleek, and very comfortable, and even had a small fridge to hold our drinks. Very quiet and serene! And the pool was just the best place to relax and lose yourself!

1  Thank Dorothy F
Reviewed 1 June 2008

What a great stay! Beautiful rooms, lovely grounds, good services. Book a room with a fireplace --- you will not regret it. Good location to sites and shopping and dining. Nice outdoor second floor patio with seating and fireplace. Good toiletries. Very comfortable beds. Only things that could be improved are limited pool seating and marginal views from the balconies --- the patios are small and triangular shaped so there is no seating and even booking a deluxe room, you'll have to strain your neck to see much of anything. Highly recommended, and you should check all search engines for a deal. I got a room for $179 versus their website which was charging $229. Have fun and see allof the amazing sites near and far. I drove 1000 miles in one week but saw a lot and enjoyed every minute. Definitely checj out Montezuma's Castle, Chapel of the Holy Cross, Tuzigoot, Jerome (for cheesy fun), and the Meteor Crater. Also did a helipcopter tour - amazing - and an astronomy "tour".

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple