“Great December Escape”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois
“Great December Escape”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The hotel was in a great location, close to everything and great views. We were there in December and there was snow in the hills which was awesome. Overall the hotel was great with very comfortable rooms with fireplaces. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They really mad you feel welcome at the resort.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Paradise Valley
Reviewed 26 December 2013

It was perfect for Christmas holiday. Located close to my son's house. Very comfortable room and the food is excellent. Very accommodating in all ways! Surly will return! The staff was outstanding and ready to please with everything from more Q-tips to dinner rolls! Very clean and the bedding is spot on! I had a lovely experience and will return! Car felt very safe in the parking lot as well...well lit and someone on duty always at the front desk.

Room Tip: My room was street side with a fireplace and two large opening windows. Big plus for me to have wi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Short Hills, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Overall, a great hotel in a good location. Unless you are looking to be in a secluded spot, this is one of the better hotels in Sedona.
One odd thing was that I was enjoying taking my lunch up to the roof top deck and dining whilst enjoying the red rock views. One day, to my dismay, they were cooking up some meat in Reds, the restaurant, and the char smoke was coming right out onto the roof deck. I feared that I smelled like steak and was fearful that stray coyotes might attack me, so I stayed I that evening.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NotoriousCLO
Vancouver |Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The Sedona Rouge has it all if you're looking for a healthful stay: comfy beds, a cozy fireplace, a shower that could fit 8 people, friendly staff, good food and an excellent rooftop firepit. The hotel is quiet: no noise from outside to disturb my sleep and the concierge staff were helpful. The hot apple cider in the lobby is a nice touch, especially for those chilly nights.
The only downside was the resort fee. I think they just just roll this into the basic nightly rate and not nickel and dime the guests. Moreover, if you are going to charge a resort fee, then at least allow guests to access the spa yoga classes, steamroom and jacuzzi without tacking on an extra charge.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Great spot for boutique hotel. The inside rooms we magnificent bed sleep quality great . The hotel is small and books up quickly and a strong 4 star. Looks like a now renovated hotel with the trend on hip upscale. One of our favs in sedona

Not a place for room service nor fine dinning but a great quality lux stay with out the price.

great location away from tourists but right of road to local town section.

Affordable and you will want ot stay in bed al day so comfortable!!

Sedona is not known for good hotels usually 2 star kind of place with some 5 stars but this is a good option in the middle and very clean great service.
I am only surprised its not higher on trip advisor it should be!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank k123-foodie
Taylor, Michigan
Reviewed 17 December 2013

They didn't lack anything. The girl at the front desk came up to my room to reheat my leftover Burger King. Honeymooned here in a room with a shower head on the ceiling of an all slate stone glass door shower - I felt like I dropped in on the set of 90210.

Room Tip: ask for room 231 with the overhead shower head
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I had an amazing experience – the property is impressive, the staff is excellent! I actually proposed to my then girlfriend a few weeks ago on the observation deck of the Sedona Rouge (if you couldn’t tell from the title already, spoiler, she said yes). A month or so prior to our stay, the staff started helping me plan everything out from spa treatment for her, to dinner at Reds. Although I would rate my interactions with all the staff members as positive, I was particularly impressed with Danielle, Chandler, Aisha, and Barbara from the hotel as well as Kari and Jane from the spa. I rated the service here a 5 (the highest) but based on my experience, I wish I could select a 6.

For any couples, I would certainly recommend the package I selected, the Andalusia Romance Package. It’s a great value – the restaurant, Red’s, is really good and my now fiancé really enjoyed her time at the spa. One spa tip: although the package says 60 mins couple massage it’s actually a spa credit for that amount so you can shift the treatments around to better suit your needs – in our case, she spent 120 mins at the spa while I got 9 holes in :)

Room Tip: Request a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor - the views of the red rocks are amazing!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple