“It's OK...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Richardson, Texas
“It's OK...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel itself isn't bad but the service is ??? The rooms were nice enough but placing the ice machine right outside a room door is probably not the best planning. We did not try the spa services as we weren't there long enough so that might make it more worthwhile. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend the money!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jacqueline H
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to know more about your stay and what we can improve on. Please call or email directly,

928 340 5304
econway@sedonarouge.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely
Ed Conway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just returned from a family reunion at the Sedona Rouge. While it is situated on the main drag (89A) and right across the street from a Safeway/strip mall, the Sedona Rouge feels more like a desert oasis. Highlights for me included the tasteful design/decor/architecture, helpful staff, comfy bed, and beautiful pool.

The concierges offered excellent recommendations for sightseeing and Mexican food (Taos in uptown Sedona -- yum!). Our group rate made the Sedona Rouge an outstanding value. I would absolutely recommend it for vacationers as well as wedding parties, business retreats, and family gatherings.

Room Tip: From our North-facing room, we enjoyed seeing the mountains during the day and starry skies at night...
Green Features: This one is interesting...the hotel asks guests to conserve water by hanging up wet towels. Happy to, but our room had only 2 hooks. No towel bars. Just 2 hooks for our family's damp towels, swimsuits, and workout gear.
1 Thank Kristin K
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had our family reunion at the Sedona Rouge Hotel. Thirty of us enjoyed a delicious Buffet Banquet, time at the pool and luxurious rooms. The staff was courteous, friendly, eager to help, and well-trained. The Food served by Reds Restaurant at our buffet was outstanding: flavorful, served attractively, plentiful, and absolutely delicious. We were all very pleased with the experience of staying at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have outdoor patios, which is lovely. Some rooms have poolside access, which...
1 Thank Diane Kennedy P
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Nice spot for a getaway. Not secluded but peaceful if you want to chill for a couple days. Lovely spa and pool. Near great restaurants and Mystical Bazaar which I highly recommend. Rooms are comfy and staff is friendly. Try Pisa Lisa across the street and Cake Couture down the road.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chrissytravis10
Waldwick, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is my 4th stay in Sedona due to business. I've previously stayed in the Best Western across from Airport Rd as it's "good enough" and a short work to the office complex I spend all day at. My company was having a small 20 person meeting here and I decided to bring my wife along since Sedona is a gorgeous place to visit and she hadn't been here before. The hotel we all stayed at was the Sedona Rouge.

I contacted the hotel to see if the room I was going to get had a nice view of the red rocks of Sedona and since it didn't, and with my wife along, I upgraded to a room that had a view. It was a $50 upgrade per night but figured it was worth it this one time I had my wife along.

The overall hotel is nicer then the Best Western I've previously stayed in with a much larger pool area and nicer room decor. They have a nice restaurant (though no free breakfast) and open air waiting area/lobby. The room we received was in the Spa section which is detached from the main set of rooms. When we arrived and went to the room, there's a view of sorts but not what I really expected. The room was a corner room with windows/sliding doors on 2 sides with one side facing the parking lot of the shopping center that is across the street (has a Starbucks in the grocery store if that's important to you) and the other window/sliding door looks out over the back parking area more into a hill then a view of the mountains. You can see the top of Thunder Mtn and if you look off to the side you can see the top of another mountain, but it's not a view like those you have at the Best Western where you have a 180 degree view. Now, I can't blame anyone for their hotel's location and maybe it is the best view in the entire hotel, but it's not a great view and really not worth $50/night additional. There's a "balcony" outside the sliding glass doors that is maybe 1 ft wide contrasting again with the Best Western where there are large terraces outside your rooms with patio tables and umbrellas to sit at and enjoy the gorgeous views.

With the above behind me, the rest of the hotel was fine. We had a group dinner in their restaurant and the food was good. I didn't hang out in the bar at night since my wife was there and we did other things but co-workers that did frequent the bar said it was fine. The room was comfortable though not huge and the bathroom was a good size where we could both be in there and not get in each others way. The bed was comfortable and the service my wife and I received was fine. My wife hung out at the pool for the days I was in business meetings and she said the pool water was surprising cold since it was very warm in Sedona.

Wifi service in the room is included and worked well and there were lots of TV channels to choose from.

I filled out an online survey I was sent after we checked out and provided similar comments as I provided here. Within a day the hotel manager contacted me via email regarding my comments though I haven't yet heard anything further when I followed up via email with the manager.

So for me, it's a split decision when i compare it to the Best Western. Pros = Pool and overall quality of room interior. Cons = view and no free breakfast/coffee useful for grabbing something quick before heading out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David_in_New_Jersey
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I took my family including my dog for a one night getaway and enjoyed everything that Sedona Rouge had to offer! The ground floor room with a patio that leads to a grass area for my dog was a pleasant surprise! Check in was easy and fast. The roof top deck was fun for stargazing. Safeway was next door for our after dinner ice cream cravings!

The spa was a treat!! Kerri was so helpful in getting me all set with the perfect massage and William was terrific!

We will be back a few more times this summer to escape the heat of the valley!

Room Tip: If you have a dog ask for ground floor by the lawn. The even provide dog waste bags!
2 Thank Sloane H
Clovis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our first trip to Sedona and it was all we could have hoped for. The Sedona Rouge is a nice, smaller resort that backs up to Red Rock. It is only minutes from hiking trails and downtown. We ate dinner and breakfast more than once at the resort. Both menus had numerous items that we would have to have loved to try, but the food we did pick was great. The service was also great. They have a pool and spa that is tucked away and private along with a third floor balcony which allows you to watch the sunset. Honestly, we couldn't have had a better experience and definitely plan on returning next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple