“Beautiful!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tempe, Arizona
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I loved my stay at Sedona Rouge! It's at a great location (right on the highway). Check-in was very fast, friendly staff, gorgeous courtyard with the fountain. My enjoyed the interior of the room, it was very up to date and clean with a modern application. I loved the shower haha, one over top head and one side head with a glass wall, very classy =].

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angarci7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Norton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Sedona Rouge Hotel. I enjoyed the contemporary design of the immaculate rooms. The meals I had in the hotel were great for breakfast and dinner. I would be happy to return to this hotel again if I were in Sedona. I didn't like the very small gym much but I was able to find a nice one close by. However the gym does have a nice view of the pool and mountain.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jasaew62
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 February 2011

To start with, the scenery in Sedona is spectacular and to go there is a gift to yourself. We have stayed at the Sedona Rouge twice and had wonderful experiences both times. The spa is small and expensive, but the therapists are the best and so is the steam room. The restaurant, Reds, has attentive service and excellent french toast, with several nice dinner specials. I found all of the employees to be helpful.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sarahcuse
CA
Reviewed 5 February 2011

We were very pleasantly surprised by the Sedona Rouge. I had booked online because of a room rate special they were offering. I was a bit hesitant when we first arrived, as it is close to a shopping center. But when we walked into the courtyard, we could feel the peacefulness and immediately forgot about the street noise. We were greeted courteously. Our room was very nice, and the bed very comfortable. There are beautiful rock formations that we could see from many areas of the hotel. We used the outdoor hot tub daily, and enjoyed the outdoor fireplace in the evening. I also had a great massage at the Spa. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank archie502
Cary, NC
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I spent week in Sedona for a spiritual retreat and Sedona Rouge was the perfect companion for it! The hotel has the best location for dining and shopping. The restaurant on site, Red, has a terrific menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner; room service was excellent also.

I would definitely stay at the Sedona Rouge when I visit the area again and recommend it to all my friends and family. Thank you for a beautiful and comfortable stay!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank happytripper
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I have eaten at the restaurant Reds several times and enjoyed it so I thought I would try the hotel. My arrival got off to a bit of a bumpy start when the woman at the desk didn't say hello or welcome but just "We need to to see a credit card and drivers license." After two or three minutes of inputting items into the the computer I was handed a folio and she said your in room so and so the elevator is across the court yard. I am rather funny about the hospitality business - I prefer service with a smile rather than being perceived as a nuisance.

In any event, I got to my room and and it seemed like the heat was not on. The bathroom was even worse. There is no radiant,electrical or forced air heating of the bathroom at all, so the tiles seems that they were 40 degrees. The room itself was spacious and the gas fireplace helped warm up the room in about a half an hour. The bed was comfortable with nice linens and pillows. There was a large flat panel TV over the fireplace and the hotel has free wifi.

As usual the food was great, and the property itself is quiet so other than a rocky start I would rate the hotel as good. My experience at check was the exact opposite of checking in as the lady was pleasant, smiling and communicative.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 4 February 2011
Dear Guest, I appreciate the note on bumpy check-in and we work on that with my rooms division team.
Ed Conway
GM
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 January 2011

We made reservations through www.luxehotels.com web site. We paid a little extra to have internet service included in the room price.
When we arrived, we found out that internet is available throughout the property and is free (why did we pay extra?). In addition we were given a room, which directly looked in the room in the next buidling. It was so close, that we could amost shake hands with our neighbour. To have some privacy, we had to keep the curtains closed day and night. The balcony, was a weird triangle shape, where the width on one end was enough for one person to stand up. There was no room to put a chair or a table (and there were none).
We brought this to attention of the people at the front desk and were told that we were given the exact type of room we booked. We had booked a 4-night stay. They did not offer to move us to another room that night or on any of the later nights. We told them that we would look for another hotel. Their response was that we would have to pay for one night since we were canceling late. It was already late and cold, we spend the night there. In the morning, we saw a bunch of people leaving (weird that they did not offer to move us to another room at a later night). We also checked out and found a lovely hotel in Sedona with incredible views.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank vf_trips
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
Dear Guest,
Please call me to discuss. 928 203 4111
We do not have a resort fee and have complimentary internet access. In reviewing your folio we only charged you for one night and granted an early departure with no penalty. There were no additional charges on your account. Your booking though our Marketing Partner Luxe Worldwide was for a Deluxe Sedona level room and these descriptions will be check to ensure accuracy. To have a room with a view you would have to book a different room category which are at a different price point.

You can also email me at
econway@sedonarouge.com