“Quiet, Very Clean, and Relaxing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moestly Wood Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Moestly Wood Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Chandler, Arizona
“Quiet, Very Clean, and Relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Drove up from Phoenix for a one night stay, and was very pleased with the accommodations. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, and the property was beautifully landscaped with a great view of Cathedral Rock. We enjoyed wonderful peace and quiet on the deck, and the sky was filled with more stars than I have ever seen at night. Roger and Carol were wonderful hosts and we would definitely stay there again. The food was great and I even took home some recipes and gardening tips!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Slaughter, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Last April I reserved both rooms at Moestly Wood for the end of June & Confirmed them with a credit card. Roger told me that they only had 2 rooms for guests and those rooms met my needs, both must have a private bath, one must have a queen bed or larger and one room must have two beds. When we arrived on June 30 expecting 2 spacious room, the Sadona and the Southwestern rooms we were shown to the Southwestern room and a tiny room with a standard size bed, both rooms sharing one bath. I asked about the Sadona room and was told that it was occupied by another guest. I HAD RESERVED THAT ROOM! When I made the reservation Roger had told me that they only had 2 guest rooms. The tiny room with the standard bed and a shared bath was not what we needed. Carol did discount the unacceptable room and after arriving in the late afternoon and a long day of driving it was really too late to start looking for accomodations for the night so we did stay one night. Moestly Wood has the finest facilities and is one of the cleanest and neatest places that I have ever visited. When I made the reservations I did not ask the price, I reserved what I needed. Roger and Carol did not honor my reservation and as a result my wife and I had a sleepless night and did not enjoy what should have been a terrific portion of our 50th anniversary trip. Our traveling companions did like the Southwestern room but were disappointed with the shared bath. We will never return visit.

Room Tip: When you make reservations here always require a confirming e-mail fully describing what you will re...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jim G
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Needing some R/R and coming from New York we stumbled on an unexpected and delightful Moestly Wood residence. Views stunning from large picture window. Spacious room with every comfort. Door leading out to veranda where wild life including many birds we had not previously seen came in the morning to feed. Our host Roger made sure they were well fed and takes great care of his garden and feeders. Carole is at the stove early in the morning to make sure we have our coffee while bird watching and is a great cook.
They have lived in the area for twenty years and gave us great advice about Sedona including restaurants. Also advised on places of interest nearby. We thoroughly enjoyed our three nights there. Carole and Roger are there when you need them but one has perfect privacy otherwise.

Room Tip: two rooms either lovely
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nora_048310
Bridgewater, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Moestly Wood far exceeded my husband’s and my expectations. The location, the accommodations and the owners were wonderful.
Our suite was very spacious, comfortable and bright. The bathroom even had a Jacuzzi tub!
There was a lovely balcony off our room, which my husband and I utilized during early morning and evening hours. We enjoyed watching the native wildlife roam the yard. We were especially excited to see, and to learn about, the Javelina. The grounds were peaceful and well kept. The view of Cathedral Rock was spectacular.
The owners, Roger and Carol, could not have been more accommodating during our ten-day stay. They were gracious hosts with an indispensible knowledge of the area. We enjoyed their company immensely and felt as if we were part of their extended family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Middletown, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

I was traveling through arizona by myself and wanted to stay somewhere in sedona off the beaten track. I could not have done better than Moestly Wood. The house is close to Red RocK Crossing park, with lots of trails, and one up Cathedral rock. In the morning, I sat on the patio in the unusually warm weather and watched the javelina and their babies roam the back yard, and enjoyed a beautiful view of cathedral rock. It was very peaceful and restful, just what I had been wanting.

The people of the house are wonderful too. The owner Roger was missing his wife, who was out of town for the week, but he drafted a friend to come and cook and take care of me for my stay, even though he was having eye surgery the day after I got there! It was certainly not the best time for him to have guests, but you never would have known it. He rolled out the red carpet for me, and his friend Jan was a great cook! I came as a guest and left as a friend--especially after I had played dominoes with them all one night. I have wonderful memories of my time there and would recommend it to everyone who wants to relax and enjoy the scenery in a beautiful place.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Sykesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

My wife and youngest child (1 1/2) spent a week with Roger and Carol at Moestly Wood. If you're just looking for a bed for the night, about anywhere will do - but if you want to feel like a real guest, and make some interesting friends, then you can't do better than to make your plans at Moestly Wood Bed And Breakfast. It felt like nothing so much as a vacation with old friends. The byword here is hospitality. And the setting is incomparable: with a beautiful deck that faces Cathedral Rock for a casual and yet spectacular view, an impeccable and tasteful house, and a fascinating deck overlooking the high desert flora and wildlife, the Moestly Wood B&B is a something to see even if you never leave to enjoy Sedona, the Grand Canyon, or any other sights nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom R
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I spent a night at Moestly Wood with my daughter, son-in-law, and two young grandchildren. The innkeepers were very accommodating and pleasant and were happy to provide gluten-free toast with breakfast as my daughter is allergic to wheat. The B&B is clean and the views of Sedona spectacular. We own a B&B in New Hampshire and are very discriminating in our lodging tastes and standards. My only regret with Moestly Wood is that we could only stay one night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family