“Great Place in a Great Town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wyndham Sedona
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Levelland, Texas
“Great Place in a Great Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

We Loved the hotel. Very clean and neat. Good pool and hot tub. Very friendly and helpful staff. The people of Sedona were friendlier than most tourist towns and found some great food. Would Love to go back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TheOldFarmer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

Another fantastic visit to Sedona and another great stay at Wyndham Sedona. Had two rooms that overlooked the beautiful red rocks of Sedona. The weather didn't cooperate and it rained and snowed the whole time so visibility was limited, however, the folks at Wyndham Sedona made the trip memorable with the great accommodation and service.

One minor problem, Saturday we were sitting in the living room visiting with the in-laws and a maintenance man walked right into the room without knocking. I confronted him and he mumbled something and apologized and walked out. About 10 minutes later another person unlocked the door and walked right in, again without knocking. I was upset this time and asked "what the h@ll was going on?". This person was really caught off guard and apologized and walked out. A call to the front desk uncovered they had the number wrong on something which was telling them our room was empty and being cleaned. They sent up a small gift with a nice note apologizing for the interruption to our vacation and when I went down later to rent a movie the front desk clerk knew who I was and gave me my two movies "on the house" for the problems earlier in the day. I was very impressed with how they went out of the way to make a minor annoyance right.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LBTRS
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

Okay so maybe I have few requirements for an awesome review...but the best part about this place?...the pool. Hands down. It was heated. And by heated, I mean it was actually warm and pleasant to be in...in February. I will come here again and again. The rooms were immaculate. Only got to stay here 2 nights...wish it could have been longer. Awesome kitchens in rooms if you want to save money and bring your own food. Read an earlier review and saw someone complained about the views....we didn't have a great view either, but come on, you're in Sedona. You are IN the views. Get outside for pete's sake! Can I move in here?

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Vicki86001
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

For quite awhile I had been wanting to stay at the Wyndham in Sedona since we had purchased a timeshare. I had the most amazing time with 3 friends that accompanied me in Sedona. We stayed in a one bedroom deluxe and fit 4 people there rather comfortably. Considering that we are all college students in our early twenties we really didn't have much to compain about but I have to admit I am always apprehensive when traveling to a hotel with Wyndham.

For the most part we spent our time getting to know Sedona. In reality you will most likely spend the majority of your time out and about in Sedona than in the hotel. We spent our time hiking, walking through the shops, and visiting Flagstaff which is only an hour away from Sedona. Sedona itself is an exceptionally picturesque town and has one of the best night skies I have every seen. Sedona is also a very spiritual place to be. I was surpised at the amount of workshops being offered and the amount of activities available in town. It definitely has been one the best experiences!

Having been to several hotels I've learned to avoid any presentation from Wyndham. Although we have enjoyed our stays at a few Wyndham hotels I cannot help but feel cheated and scammed by this company that promises many things but rarely sees anything through. I have yet to completely decide whether this was a great investment or not. If anything I suggest you buy resale from an owner rather than through the company itself you will end up paying retail price for something you can get for much less.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank eltellez
Anaheim, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

Wyndham has some great resort, every place is courteous but somehow I see a lot of "fake" in the attitude of their staffs. For starters, the morning concierge staff was helpful and cheerful , but the evening (around 6 pm) was not helpful at all. I felt like he didn't want to be there and did not really answer my questions. So service, I really give it a 2. YMMV - but if you're a customer and owner, don't you deserve some assistance.

Their rooms are so outdated. Hey, they still have VCR.

• Stayed December 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2010

After staying at the Wyndham property in Myrtle Beach in 2008, we almost dreaded facing the sales pressure. After an uncomfortable presentation that we felt we were duped into attending in MB, we were ready this time. Don't know if it was because we were in serene Sedona but the staff at the WS was great, almost invisible. The concierge, of course tried but didn't persist and guessed we had a bad experience previously. There were a couple of times that we were blindsided while off the property. There was an "Arizona Information" sign and we stopped and found it was a Wyndham employee offering a free attraction to attend a presentation and someone actually coaxed us into a storefront and did the same thing. All in all it was a great vacation, Sedona is absolutely gorgeous, good restaurants, great photo ops - a place that must be seen. Rent a convertable it was awesome!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kalama, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband, I and my parents stayed at this property for four nights, this past week. We had an excellent time and were very pleased overall with the Wydham Sedona.
The Wyndham is a great property and in a centralized location. We had a 2br delux with a wonderful view of the red rocks, balcony, kitchen, washer/dryer, flat screen TV, DVD, and stereo. The condo was very clean, functional and welcoming. The beds are very comfortable. All of our rooms had a view, however I called the property two times to emphasize that we REALLY wanted a view. They definitely listened to our request. They have an onsite concierge which is really like a mini-visitors center. Pete was very helpful. The front desk staff was also very helpful and attentive to all of our needs. Another plus is that the property is walking distance to Dahl & DiLucas, ONE OF THE BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANTS! The pool area was also very nice.The pool is not huge but it was fine for us. The property is very nicely maintained. There are several hiking trailheads within walking distance from the property. We did the airport loop which was a very scenic hike, easy to moderate level.
There are charcol BBQs outside of every building with a picnic table. We BBQ steaks one night and sat at the picnic table with appetizers and enjoyed the sunset.
Overall this is a great property and really can't say anything negative. The things we liked the most about this property are that the condo was clean and comfortable, the location is great, and also it is close to a Safeway with a Starbucks in it which made it very convenient for getting morning coffee! Oh, one more thing, there is a great Mexican Rest on the corner of Shelby Dr called Angels where we enjoyed afternoon margaritas and great Mexican food. They also serve breakfast and open at 6:30am, which made it very convenient for getting breakfast before our hikes.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family