“Here's the un-biased truth.”
Review of Wyndham Sedona

Wyndham Sedona
Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I'm one of those geeks, I guess, who does a lot of homework prior to a trip. I mostly do it so we won't be ripped off on restaurants, things to do, etc. But I also think preparing for the trip is part of the fun. Anyway, I read a lot about this Wyndham resort, so I pretty much knew what to expect when we got there. We basically rented one week of prime time from an owner, at well below $100 a night.
Through our vacation club(not affiliated with any particular "chain" like RCI or Worldmark), we just asked for a one bedroom condo in Sedona. Ending up with Wyndham, we called a couple of weeks ahead and asked for a view room. We were told our club booked a standard (vs. deluxe) suite that did not include a jet tub or a deck, and they would do what they could about a view. Fine.
Our unit ended up on the 2nd floor, with a nice south view from the front door/kitchen table window. No red rocks view. No private deck, just the "hallway" that runs in front of the 5 or 6 units on our floor. But I only saw one neighbor pass by maybe 3 times the entire week. Plenty of privacy.
2 plastic chairs next to our door. I don't know about the other unit/building configurations, but ours was the smaller half of a 2 unit set-up. Adjoining unit was the full size deluxe (with a double door between), a separate entry door, of course, a large covered deck on the other side, and presumably a jet tub and a full-size kitchen.
Bottom line is, we got exactly what we expected.
Re-modeled unit itself enters into a triangular-shaped kitchen/dining area, then a hallway/bathroom, then a large bedroom with king bed and window facing south and pretty good sized flat screen TV. Handy ceiling fans in bedroom and dining room.
Kitchen had nice Cuisinart toaster, coffeemaker, and blender. Wife noted the pans and lids didn't fit that well. Stove and DW were the small originals, but adequate. Large MW. Quite large flat screen. DVD/VCR? player that we did not use.
Shower was fine. 2 sinks.
Bed seemed a little cheap at first, because it had a very pronounced rod around the edge. But it actually turned out quite nice. Soft, but not in a non-supportive way. Only complaint is there were 5 pillows, but they were all feather-type soft. I would have preferred a mix of soft and firm on the bed. There were 2 additional sets of sealed pillows and blankets in the closet I would have opened, if I felt either contained a firm pillow. We left them sealed in their plastic zip bags.
We didn't utilize any of their extra services or activities, and we were never bothered in any way. Didn't use pool, but outdoor spa was 24/7 and wonderful, especially at night. Even had recorded music playing.
A couple of times, I even had my choice of 3 walking sticks to borrow for hikes.
All in all a great place. Other, more expensive places, have more "foof", but the Wyndham was just fine with us. The staff was very welcoming and helpful.
Message me if you want more details or info. Sedona is wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Wolfdog6

Reviewed 6 April 2011

We Loved the hotel. Very clean and neat. Good pool and hot tub. Very friendly and helpful staff. The people of Sedona were friendlier than most tourist towns and found some great food. Would Love to go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TheOldFarmer
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Another fantastic visit to Sedona and another great stay at Wyndham Sedona. Had two rooms that overlooked the beautiful red rocks of Sedona. The weather didn't cooperate and it rained and snowed the whole time so visibility was limited, however, the folks at Wyndham Sedona made the trip memorable with the great accommodation and service.

One minor problem, Saturday we were sitting in the living room visiting with the in-laws and a maintenance man walked right into the room without knocking. I confronted him and he mumbled something and apologized and walked out. About 10 minutes later another person unlocked the door and walked right in, again without knocking. I was upset this time and asked "what the h@ll was going on?". This person was really caught off guard and apologized and walked out. A call to the front desk uncovered they had the number wrong on something which was telling them our room was empty and being cleaned. They sent up a small gift with a nice note apologizing for the interruption to our vacation and when I went down later to rent a movie the front desk clerk knew who I was and gave me my two movies "on the house" for the problems earlier in the day. I was very impressed with how they went out of the way to make a minor annoyance right.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LBTRS
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Okay so maybe I have few requirements for an awesome review...but the best part about this place?...the pool. Hands down. It was heated. And by heated, I mean it was actually warm and pleasant to be in...in February. I will come here again and again. The rooms were immaculate. Only got to stay here 2 nights...wish it could have been longer. Awesome kitchens in rooms if you want to save money and bring your own food. Read an earlier review and saw someone complained about the views....we didn't have a great view either, but come on, you're in Sedona. You are IN the views. Get outside for pete's sake! Can I move in here?

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Vicki86001
Reviewed 21 December 2010

For quite awhile I had been wanting to stay at the Wyndham in Sedona since we had purchased a timeshare. I had the most amazing time with 3 friends that accompanied me in Sedona. We stayed in a one bedroom deluxe and fit 4 people there rather comfortably. Considering that we are all college students in our early twenties we really didn't have much to compain about but I have to admit I am always apprehensive when traveling to a hotel with Wyndham.

For the most part we spent our time getting to know Sedona. In reality you will most likely spend the majority of your time out and about in Sedona than in the hotel. We spent our time hiking, walking through the shops, and visiting Flagstaff which is only an hour away from Sedona. Sedona itself is an exceptionally picturesque town and has one of the best night skies I have every seen. Sedona is also a very spiritual place to be. I was surpised at the amount of workshops being offered and the amount of activities available in town. It definitely has been one the best experiences!

Having been to several hotels I've learned to avoid any presentation from Wyndham. Although we have enjoyed our stays at a few Wyndham hotels I cannot help but feel cheated and scammed by this company that promises many things but rarely sees anything through. I have yet to completely decide whether this was a great investment or not. If anything I suggest you buy resale from an owner rather than through the company itself you will end up paying retail price for something you can get for much less.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank eltellez
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Wyndham has some great resort, every place is courteous but somehow I see a lot of "fake" in the attitude of their staffs. For starters, the morning concierge staff was helpful and cheerful , but the evening (around 6 pm) was not helpful at all. I felt like he didn't want to be there and did not really answer my questions. So service, I really give it a 2. YMMV - but if you're a customer and owner, don't you deserve some assistance.

Their rooms are so outdated. Hey, they still have VCR.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 10 November 2010

After staying at the Wyndham property in Myrtle Beach in 2008, we almost dreaded facing the sales pressure. After an uncomfortable presentation that we felt we were duped into attending in MB, we were ready this time. Don't know if it was because we were in serene Sedona but the staff at the WS was great, almost invisible. The concierge, of course tried but didn't persist and guessed we had a bad experience previously. There were a couple of times that we were blindsided while off the property. There was an "Arizona Information" sign and we stopped and found it was a Wyndham employee offering a free attraction to attend a presentation and someone actually coaxed us into a storefront and did the same thing. All in all it was a great vacation, Sedona is absolutely gorgeous, good restaurants, great photo ops - a place that must be seen. Rent a convertable it was awesome!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple