“Wyndham Sedona is very good”
Review of Wyndham Sedona

Wyndham Sedona
Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wyndham Sedona is very good”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room was very clean and the perfect size for a family of 5 with 2bed/2ba. The pool was nice and family friendly. The activities in the Community area were informational and fun for many ages. The staff was helpful and friendly. Very convenient location.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Thunder Mountain
Green Features: Good efforts to save water and recycling. Lots of literature and signage letting us know what was being worked on and what we could do.
1 Thank Jaymalachi
Alan H, Asst Resort Manager at Wyndham Sedona, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your vacation experience with us. We do work hard in our environmental greening programs and just recently were awarded with the highest honors with Wyndham on our efforts! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Alan Holt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Check-in experience was flawless, rooms were clean and inviting, activities were interesting. Stayed a week in a 2 bedroom unit. Everything was great! Of course, in Sedona the red rocks and scenery are exceptional. We visited Montezuma's castle, the old copper mining town of Jerome, the Grand Canyon and went on a wild jeep ride in Sedona.

Room Tip: I would get an up stairs room for the view, but there are no elevators so if you have trouble gettin...
Green Features: They encourage you to recycle (provide bags) and use drip water systems for the landscaping.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Randy J
Alan H, Assistant Resort Manager at Wyndham Sedona, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi Randy,
Thank you for your great review! Sedona is such a unique place and I am glad to hear that you were able to see many of the sights in the area. We look forward to your next visit and I hope you enjoy the remainder of the Summer season!
Alan.holt2@wyn.com
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Sedona for the first time, and stayed in a 2 bedroom condo on the second floor. Bedrooms were spacious and clean, ample kitchen amenities, nice living and dining area. The pool area was very nice, too. Staff were very helpful, especially Donna at the front desk. We will definitely be returning!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Amy Y
Hello from Beautiful Sedona! Thanks so much for letting us know about your great experience when you visited in July! We strive to make sure that every guest is extremely satisfied with their accomodation and experience while here at the resort. I will personally pass on your kind words to Donna and hope that you will visit again soon!
ormond beach
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Was first time at a Wyndham resort. Had a large 2 bedroom condo. Was furnished very nicely with ample kitchenware. Was great having option to cook in, as Safeway is very close. Staff was very attentive to all our needs. When we couldn't work DVD player, someone came right away to help. They had activities going on if you choose to participate. Nice pool and hot tub. They will recommend and book tours. Kevin, insect enthusiast, was delightful!!! Would stay at any of their resorts!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sabella524
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience on your recent vacation to Sedona! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to visit with Kevin and see his presentation! He is very passionate about his contribution here and it really shows. I hope you will visit us again when your travels bring you to the Sedona area!
Santa Ana, CA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the Wyndham Sedona for a week in July 2014. We were very pleased with our 2 bedroom suite. We cooked every day so it was nice being so close to the Safeway and 2 natural foods grocery stores. The kitchen was small but adequately stocked with dishes, pots and pans etc. for cooking. I made a strong point about needing a room on the bottom floor and we ended up in a handicap unit. Be aware if you are in one and someone rings the doorbell you will see a flashing light and the bell is very loud. In addition, because it was a handicap unit both showers were walk in and this allowed the water from the shower to come out all over the floor. We had a couple of maintenance concerns but they were handled quickly by the front desk and they always called back to check to make sure that everything was taken care of. The outside balcony was disappointing. It was not very big and only had two chairs for seating so we did not spend a lot of time out there. The thing that made the greatest impression on us though and the reason we loved this resort so much was the activities they provided. We did a great deal in and about Sedona, but it was really nice to have the extras that the resort provided. For example, a display and explanation on the insects in the area, a star gazing night, movie by the pool with popcorn and drinks, taco bar, jewelry sale, cowboy songs and s'mores, and a pool open 24 hours. It was the activities that left us feeling really good about our experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Alan H, Assistant Resort Manager at Wyndham Sedona, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for sharing with us, your experience while visiting the Wyndham Sedona Resort. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our many on-site activities! Our goal is to help make great memories for you of your visit to the Sedona area.
We look forward to seeing you on a future visit to our area and hope that you have a great Summer season!
Assistant Resort Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Traveled to this property with a friend who has a time share there. It was a beautiful property with all the amenities and comforts of a luxury suite. The staff was super friendly and very accomodating to our needs. The convenient location and beautiful property made it for a very wonderful weekend getaway!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any of the condos! There are no elevators so consider that if you prefer a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Alan H, Assistant Resort Manager at Wyndham Sedona, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Sherina,
Thank you for sharing your Wyndham experience with others on TripAdvisor! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us and hope that we will see you again on a future visit to Sedona, Arizona!
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My rating is not for the resort itself, it is for the horrible treatment I received from the employee I spoke to at the Wyndham main number. The resort was good, Alan the assistant manager was very professional and accommodating as was the front desk staff. As a last minute decision, we decided to get away from the heat of Phoenix and spend the weekend in Sedona. Checking hotels on July 3, many were already booked, as was expected, it being the holiday weekend. I was able to find availability at Wyndham Sedona, a 1 BR unit was on the site, didn't specify if it had a balcony, just that "most units have private balcony or patio". We did want a balcony as we looked forward to enjoying some outdoor time relaxing in cooler temperatures. Requested a balcony in making reservation. Received a confirmation back with reservation info. same day. Arrived at resort to check in the following day, they could not find our reservation after searching by name. Gave them the confirmation number that was in the e mail, still unable to find. Alan searched for several minutes and still was unable to locate. I told him we had just booked the previous day and requested a balcony. He informed us that according to reservation confirmation we had provided to him, it was not a balcony room. Asked if we could upgrade to one, he said the resort was completely booked, it being the holiday. Ok, understood, cant expect much when booking one day prior, but if possible we would love to have. He still was not able to locate our reservation, asked us to give him some time and he would look into it and research it and see what he could find out. Since we were early for the 4:00 check in time, we left, thinking we would not have a room since we were informed resort was booked for the weekend and they were unable to locate our reservation, even with our confirmation number. Being concerned they would not be able to accommodate us, as we were told several times they could not locate our reservation, my husband started calling other hotels in area to see if any had availabilities. While he was doing that, I called the main Wyndham number that was on my confirmation to inquire about the confusion. My husband did find a hotel that was able to accommodate us, he took it. I was speaking with a representative of Wyndham on my phone, and he found our reservation and said it just had not been sent to the Sedona resort yet. Find that odd in this day of instant communication, if I had received the confirmation, why didn't they? I then informed him that due to the confusion, our concern about not having a room, we were just going to cancel the reservation that he found. He informed me that we would still be charged the $404 because of the late cancellation. I explained to him we were only cancelling due to our concern and he said I told the front desk staff that I would not take the room if it did not have a balcony. Untrue, I said we preferred one, but I knew that booking 1 day prior did not guarantee me anything. He then stated that I told him the same thing, totally untrue. He continued to insist that I told him I would not take the room without a balcony, that is such a lie, I never once said that! He continued to tell me we would lose our money due to holiday and late cancellation, again I tried to explain to him why we booked another room. I asked him for his name, he continued to talk, called me sweetheart and hung up on me. Totally unprofessional and unacceptable. I never was disrespectful to him and am very disappointed that Wyndham allows their employees to treat customers this way. This experience with him, not the resort has totally turned me off to Wyndham. As frequent visitors to the Sedona area, Wyndham Resort will not be booked again. Wyndham resorts anywhere will not be booked, due to the rudeness of one employee. We then called the hotel back that we had booked a room, explained the situation to them and they graciously agreed to cancel our reservation at no cost to us. That is the hotel we will book with on our next trip to Sedona.

5 Thank SueQ72
Dear Sue,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of Wyndham, I apologize for the experience you had on your Holiday weekend. I have communicated the issue to a higher level of management at Wyndham for follow up and hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you to the Sedona area. I feel badly that the experience reflects poorly on our resort and with follow up on our side it should not happen again. I hope that you have a great Summer season and that we will see you again soon in Sedona.