“Nice Resort......not fancy....but family oriented”
Review of Wyndham Sedona

Wyndham Sedona
Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice Resort......not fancy....but family oriented”
Reviewed 7 April 2010

WE are Wyndham owners, so we stay at a lot of Wyndham resorts. We stayed in a two bedroom, and had very nice ammenities. Two bathrooms two bedrooms, washer and dryer, stocked kitchen, jacuzzi, etc etc what we have been accustomed to staying with Wyndham.

This is not a fancy presidential resort type place. The rooms are just comfortable and have everything you would need for an extended stay, and they appeared to be very clean. The property was kept very clean too.

The down side was our deck. It faced a parking lot. There do not seem to be a lot of rooms with great views from their deck. Lots of the parking lot views. So I did not really feel like sitting out there staring at people parking their cars.

As far as ammenities go, the pool cleaning people were there maintaining all the time and there is a hottub. The pool is open 24 hours which was great because when you cant sleep at 3 am, why not go swim. There is a free computer room with printers, Wii game systems, then there is a game room too with table hockey etc. Seems to be lots of things to entertain.

The staff seemed friendly enough, and they seemed to remember us. There were a lot of older people staying here in March. With that in mind, I noticed a lady asking for help on the computer because she didn't know how to run her Wyndham accounts. I saw a staff member agree to go help. This is not an easy feat, so hats of to him. You will notice they have 2 crystal pineapples for being Wyndham hospitality winners. Although, I have always had good luck with Wyndham resorts...and I can walk into the Hawaii resort a year later, and walk up and they greet us by name without even seeing us for a year.

Timeshare sale they didnt bother us, because we are at the hgihest level, so they knew we wouldn't even bother. The keyless entry computer malfunctioned on our door, and had to be replaced. The maintenance men were pretty prompt. We talked to housekeeping one day, and it was actually the manager. He seems to have a really good work ethic and he is very customer oriented.

It was a nice time...is it my favorite Wyndham resort....probably not.......but it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank us2snorkel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 23 December 2009

The resort complex is centrally located within easy drives to all sights and trails in the Sedona area. It is sprawling in that some units are are two blocks away from the centralized main lodge and pool are. Rooms are adequate, but furnishings are old and in desperate need of replacement. The sofa bed in the living room is very uncomfortable. We were able to hear conversation in adjoining units, doors closing and drawers closing as well as foot traffic in the unit above us.

The sales person that we dealt with, Todd, was very rude and falsified many facts to our chagrin. He wouldn't even shake hands when we told him we weren't interested...this after an opening statement saying that he wouldn't change whether we said yes or no. Very high pressure also despite what they call low key. We would recommend steering away from their presentation. We are owners at other resorts and their prices for the quality are extremely high and their maintenance fees are ridiculous when they don't properly maintain what the currently have. Todd also tries to sell you a book that he has written...what a joke. Todd is also poorly informed on the amenIties of the resort as he was completely unaware that their were grills to use on the property.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeg3894
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 21 December 2009

Returned today from our first trip to Sedona and really enjoyed the Wyndham Sedona. Room was very nice, staff was helpful and courteous. Location and view are great as well. The room was clean and kept up nicely with one exception. We had to wear shoes in the room at all times because the floor would turn your socks black in less than 15 minutes from the dirty floors. We recently purchased at Wyndham Sedona and this was our first timeshare stay and were very impressed when we walked in the door until my son came out 15 minutes later to show us his ruined black socks (started as white), checked my daughter and they were the same. My wife commented on how clean everything was when we walked in and unfortunately this was the only detractor from an otherwise fabulous stay. Will definitely stay at the Wyndham Sedona again but I hope the carpets get replaced before our next stay. We stayed in room 2421 for three nights.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank LBTRS
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We were staying at a nearby timeshare resort and stopped in to see the Wyndham to determine if we would trade into it on our next trip to Sedona. We met a salesman who was stereotypical Timeshare Salesperson. He kept saying to us "let me be honest"....I wondered after awhile if he didn't say that phrase..... was he lieing?? The place is tired and we determined it would not be the class of place we would select.

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BonVoyage555
bedford, ma
Reviewed 26 October 2009

My wife and I enjoyed our deluxe one bedroom condo. The jacuzzi tub was great, the deck was nice, Everything was roomy, bedroom, dining room and kitchen. The3 room was very clean, the grounds were nice. we did not have an opportunity to use the pool but it looked good too

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharlieSBedford_Ma
Kensington, CT
Reviewed 14 September 2009

I recently got back from a week in Sedona with my husband, my parents, and my brother. The hotel is in a beautiful location. Lots of good restaurants in the area. The hotel room had a washer and dryer which was very convenient. Beautiful pool!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
San Diego
Reviewed 23 August 2009

When my Wife and I checked in we were greated with a genuine and pleasent smile. The staff were very nice and gave us a room with a breathtaking view of the desert landscape. It was like a photo from Ansle Adams. WoW! Credit or Debit if you are going to Sedona make sure you stay here. I love Sedona and this was the third time I have stayed in Sedona and the first time at the Wyndham. I remember passing by it several times like when I did the pink jeep tour and thought hey they have a cool location. The westher was perfect the pool was great at the end of the day and there is nothing about this resort I didnt like. Oh yeah just a side note all the walking you will do in Sedona bring some fresh gatorade bottles or water with you. I usually leave the keys in the room when I check out of a place but I felt compelled to say something about how much we loved our stay so I checked out at the front desk. I notice a distinguished gentlemen behind the front desk clerk who smile and greeted us with the clerk and we asked if he was the manager and in fact he was. His name was Michael and he asked about our stay and how we enjoyed all of the wonders Sedona had to offer. I am always impressed when I manager takes the time to talk to you and lend a baby ear. This was no exception. Michael really impressed me and he I had to complicate him on his staff and his beautiful resort. Really complimented the whole trip for me. My wife and I left with a smile on our face and we will be back.
D.D.E