“Had an amazing time...”

Wyndham Sedona
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 December 2010

For quite awhile I had been wanting to stay at the Wyndham in Sedona since we had purchased a timeshare. I had the most amazing time with 3 friends that accompanied me in Sedona. We stayed in a one bedroom deluxe and fit 4 people there rather comfortably. Considering that we are all college students in our early twenties we really didn't have much to compain about but I have to admit I am always apprehensive when traveling to a hotel with Wyndham.

For the most part we spent our time getting to know Sedona. In reality you will most likely spend the majority of your time out and about in Sedona than in the hotel. We spent our time hiking, walking through the shops, and visiting Flagstaff which is only an hour away from Sedona. Sedona itself is an exceptionally picturesque town and has one of the best night skies I have every seen. Sedona is also a very spiritual place to be. I was surpised at the amount of workshops being offered and the amount of activities available in town. It definitely has been one the best experiences!

Having been to several hotels I've learned to avoid any presentation from Wyndham. Although we have enjoyed our stays at a few Wyndham hotels I cannot help but feel cheated and scammed by this company that promises many things but rarely sees anything through. I have yet to completely decide whether this was a great investment or not. If anything I suggest you buy resale from an owner rather than through the company itself you will end up paying retail price for something you can get for much less.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank eltellez
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Sedona

Reviewed 13 December 2010

Wyndham has some great resort, every place is courteous but somehow I see a lot of "fake" in the attitude of their staffs. For starters, the morning concierge staff was helpful and cheerful , but the evening (around 6 pm) was not helpful at all. I felt like he didn't want to be there and did not really answer my questions. So service, I really give it a 2. YMMV - but if you're a customer and owner, don't you deserve some assistance.

Their rooms are so outdated. Hey, they still have VCR.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 10 November 2010

After staying at the Wyndham property in Myrtle Beach in 2008, we almost dreaded facing the sales pressure. After an uncomfortable presentation that we felt we were duped into attending in MB, we were ready this time. Don't know if it was because we were in serene Sedona but the staff at the WS was great, almost invisible. The concierge, of course tried but didn't persist and guessed we had a bad experience previously. There were a couple of times that we were blindsided while off the property. There was an "Arizona Information" sign and we stopped and found it was a Wyndham employee offering a free attraction to attend a presentation and someone actually coaxed us into a storefront and did the same thing. All in all it was a great vacation, Sedona is absolutely gorgeous, good restaurants, great photo ops - a place that must be seen. Rent a convertable it was awesome!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband, I and my parents stayed at this property for four nights, this past week. We had an excellent time and were very pleased overall with the Wydham Sedona.
The Wyndham is a great property and in a centralized location. We had a 2br delux with a wonderful view of the red rocks, balcony, kitchen, washer/dryer, flat screen TV, DVD, and stereo. The condo was very clean, functional and welcoming. The beds are very comfortable. All of our rooms had a view, however I called the property two times to emphasize that we REALLY wanted a view. They definitely listened to our request. They have an onsite concierge which is really like a mini-visitors center. Pete was very helpful. The front desk staff was also very helpful and attentive to all of our needs. Another plus is that the property is walking distance to Dahl & DiLucas, ONE OF THE BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANTS! The pool area was also very nice.The pool is not huge but it was fine for us. The property is very nicely maintained. There are several hiking trailheads within walking distance from the property. We did the airport loop which was a very scenic hike, easy to moderate level.
There are charcol BBQs outside of every building with a picnic table. We BBQ steaks one night and sat at the picnic table with appetizers and enjoyed the sunset.
Overall this is a great property and really can't say anything negative. The things we liked the most about this property are that the condo was clean and comfortable, the location is great, and also it is close to a Safeway with a Starbucks in it which made it very convenient for getting morning coffee! Oh, one more thing, there is a great Mexican Rest on the corner of Shelby Dr called Angels where we enjoyed afternoon margaritas and great Mexican food. They also serve breakfast and open at 6:30am, which made it very convenient for getting breakfast before our hikes.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank LoveMy_BrownDog
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Loved this resort, location excellent, service is perfect with the only possible thing that is not perfect, is that the pool could be a bit bigger. dont hink the resort can do much about that, otherwise I would stay there again anytime.
free water bottles for your hikes, awsome programs including a free 2 hour tour of sedona...very well run property

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruben G
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Our small group of four had a two bedroom deluxe..it was beautiful and had everything we needed as well as a view to die for from the balcony. Every staff member that we encountered was more than pleasant and helpful. Hope at the front desk welcomed us with a smile that was genuine and Pete and Jason at the conceirge desk helped us decide the where, when and what activities to take part in. The pool area is gorgeous and relaxing. We felt like anything we needed was just a call away and would be attended to with a smile. Sedona is the best place to unwind with their tranquil and serene surrondings. Pink Jeep tour an A+ Grand Canyon tour with JR an A+ Massage with Ko Ko A+ Vortex tour with Ron McClain A+ Visiting the town of Jerome a must too. Like I said..What more you could want?

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bakermom123
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We stayed at Wyndham with family in July renting two two--bedroom units.
The location is great with Von's right down the street. The units are similar to other Wyndham units that we have been to. There is a washer/dryer in the front bathroom. We liked that the pools were open 24 hours so we could take the kids swimming.

Unfortunately during our stay I slipped getting into the bathtub and thats where we lost the Wyndham experience. We visited the Emergency Room in Sedona, where I had stitches because my teeth cut all the way through my lip. In addition to needing 8 stitches, I also broke a tooth. Upon returning to the resort, the manager was in training and unavailable. The staff member that completed the report acted as if we were bothering her and wasting her time. She told me they don't put bathmats in the rooms because they get stolen. She had absolutely no concern for my injury. At no time during our stay after the accident did the manager call to check on me or offer any concern for my injury.

After filing a claim with their companies adjuster, I was told the resort does not carry any premises medical payment insurance, and I should have asked for a bathmat. As the daughter-in-law of an owner, who travels with my in-laws to various Wyndham properties, it is very scary to find out that the maintenance fees do not cover liability protection in case of accidents. This makes vacation ownership nothing like being a homeowner, where your homeowners insurance would cover an accident on your property. This creates a huge personal liability if you let someone "use" or "rent" one of your weeks.

And for the matter, my family and I would have felt a whole lot better about this situation if the manager would have called to express concern or personally returned our phone calls. It's very disappointing considering the amount of money my in-laws have invested in Wyndham and Worldmark.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Michaelpena1, General Manager at Wyndham Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2010

As with many vacations the memories of them last in our memory banks for ever. For a situation like this to happen while on vacation is extremely unfortunate and by no means should anyone on vacation or in their own home have to go through this anxiety. This anxiety alone will make a vacation be one of the least enjoyable and less than memorable. Of course bathing in a bath tub can spell any number of incidents depending on the actions that are being taken by any individual at any given time. Water and a tub basin alone will always draw caution for anyone who uses it. However, there may be times where each of us need just a little bit of help. The Wyndham Sedona has a contracted medical supplies provider that provides many assist items for our guest’s comfort and all it takes is a request, many are at no cost to our owners and guest. Your request is our honor to fulfill, all we have to know is what you need and we will do everything it takes to make it happen. Our ultimate goal is to ensure your vacation meets or exceeds your expectations. I am a little concern that my follow up with the family was not posted on this trip advisor review. I did speak with the family that helped aid in the concern for their welfare and the insurance claim that was expedited to meet their request to process. I apologize that I could not do anything else other than to be empathetic and to make sure my team provided details in receiving emergency service to this unfortunate accident and follow the insurance policy procedures that insure our resort and keep our owner’s maintenance fees at a manageable level.