“We will return”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Star Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedona
Star Motel
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Salisbury, Maryland
“We will return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

We were traveling with another couple. I chose Star because I liked the reviews. Guess what, The Star was everything I read. Very clean, new flat screen tvs, mattresses. The owner and staff was most accomodating and friendly. Great location to walk to restaurants and shops. Thanks for helping make our trip enjoyable. When in Sedona...we will be back. Frank & Joanne

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank jopi46

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

The Star motel was fabulous, Clean rooms. Felt like home. Perfect location in sedona, Resurants, shops and entertainment feet from your door. Beautiful views from your window. And the Owners dowm to the staff we very helpful and sweet. FOUR STARS TO STAR MOTEL!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jktrip00
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

A small (7 rooms) motel on a main street in Sedona, AZ, very close to many restaurants, shops and trolley tour, scenic views from the street of the red rocks of Sedona. Reasonably comfortable, though not luxurious at all. Bathroom is adequate, but water pipes are noisy. Clean. Fridge, microwave, no coffee unless you ask. No desk clerk available except in daytime hours. Rubbish trucks pick up at 5 a.m., noisy. Convenient to central Sedona and the price is very reasonable for the area. I would definitely use it again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BigReader
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

This motel is in an excellent position, in the heart of uptown Sedona and within easy reach of all local beauty spots, shops and restaurants.

Staff are helpful and friendly and the rooms are comfortable and clean.

For a reasonably priced place to stay, the Star Motel ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank riannahjade
South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

The Star Motel offers a great value, wonderful location, and staff that goes above and beyond what you will find in a chain hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable, housekeeping staff members are always courteous and friendly. You couldn't ask for a better location. The Star Motel is close to shopping, dining, bars, coffee shops, and a wide variety of outdoor activities. This was my first trip to Sedona, Anne (owner/manager), was able to provide me with information on everything there is to see and do in the area. The staff of the Star Motel truly makes you feel like a guest and not just a customer.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank nw7104
Mesa, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

We go to Sedona in December for a weekend trip every year. This was our first time at the Star Motel and it won't be our last. This small, charming motel is at the perfect spot for exploring downtown Sedona. Just walk out your door, and you're there!! Right near the shops and dining, just walk in either direction and you'll be exploring in no time. Our room was a basic motel room, small, clean, tidy and perfect for our family. We heard no noise from other guests and had a great sleep on the comfortable mattresses. The heat worked (it was rainy and cold when we were there) and the shower was nice and hot with great water pressure (always an issue with me). The staff was delightful, pleasant and helpful. We will be booking there again next year!

Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank dme3
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

I'll try to be objective. I think the decision to stay or not stay at this place really depends on what is more important to you.

I stayed in their best room which was the only room they have upstairs. It was $130/night and had a dining table in the bedroom area and a kitchen.

I'll give the Cons first:
- Beds - super thin covers, mattress & frame felt old
- Dining table - chairs looked dirty. I felt uncomfortable leaning into them because they felt grimmy.
- Bathroom - no heater in bathroom. Water pipes were connected to the room below. If they were taking a shower at the same time we were the water in our shower would turn burning hot or freezing cold while they adjusted their shower water.
- View - obstructed. You can see the red rocks in the background, but I would say the view isn't worth the extra $$ unless you are spending a lot of time in the hotel.
- Safety - the only lock to the room was a lock on the sliding door. The curtain on the sliding door doesn't cover the entire glass area, and without manipulation it is possible to see inside the hotel room even though the curtains are closed. I had to pull the curtains over and use a chair to hold them in place against the wall. There was tape on the curtains from efforts of previous guests to tape the curtains to the wall.
- Furniture - I don't care if the furniture is cheap, but this furniture looked like items taken out of a thrift store. They were not only old, but mismatched and just plain unattractive.

Pros:
- Staff - very friendly
- Location - right on the main street. However, Sedona is *very* small and no matter where you stay, it's *super* easy to get around.
- Kitchen - the kitchen was great

Overall - I would say that if you are on a budget, stay in a cheap chain hotel/motel unless you could really use a kitchen. I could see maybe a family staying here and saving on food because of the kitchen. Because its so easy to navigate around Sedona (basically there are two main roads and everything is off one or the other) I think location isn't important.

I would not stay here again. Simplicity is *fine* with me, but this hotel room didn't feel too clean, and that's what's not okay with me. I think that with little investment the owners can made upgrades to the room that would drastically change the appearance and improve the experience of guests.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jay85LosAngeles_CA
lulapineflat, Owner at Star Motel, responded to this review, 3 January 2011
Happy New Year.
I am so sorry you were uncomfortable in your room, you seemed to be having a good time when we spoke. I would have been glad to have refunded your second night if you had wanted to move from our motel to a resort or chain hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the kitchen facilities and gave us a five star rating for location, value and service.
Anne