“Luxury accommodations”

Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Sahuarita, Arizona
“Luxury accommodations”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Las Posadas albeit over a five year span. It's very comfy and the staff is incredibly accommodating. There is a fire place between the living area and the bedroom that opens to both. The bathroom is huge with a gigantic tub and separate shower and dual sinks. The complimentary breakfast was cooked by the chef while we had juice, coffee, and cereal. It was (3 times) a variation on a Mexican theme: breakfast quesadillas, huevos rancheros, etc. It was a little lacking; I thought they needed to have some sort of bread besides tortillas, like sweet rolls, etc. But we didn't go away hungry and in fact were quite happy with everything during our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mablumberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed one night at the end of November. Upon checkout, when asked about our stay, I explained overall very nice, but the breakfast was just horrible. The young man at the desk listened, apologized and took my key. A few days after arriving home, I received an email from the GM, asking me to comment on my stay and suggesting I might want to put a review on Tripadvisor. Although I did ask for a response to my comments, to date nothing. Well, here's my Tripadvisor review.

A decent place with some nice features, including fireplace, king bed and spacious room. On the outskirts of town, but only a ten minute drive to many restaurants, etc. Nice view of mountains at sunrise. But, skip the breakfast. Brochures state "gourmet Southwestern breakfast"; when we entered the dining room area we were not greeted and decided to sit down. A few of the employees who were talking in the food preparation area finally ended their conversation and one came over to ask us if we wanted breakfast. We retrieved our own coffee and juice and then several minutes later our breakfast arrived. Liquid scrambled eggs, microwaved sausages and soggy (microwaved) pancakes that were simply inedible. My wife remarked that it appeared the folks preparing the breakfast were also the housekeeping staff. My advice - - you will do much better at the McDonald's on 89A.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GLWestP55
Sandringham
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Suite 45 will exceed your expectations. Stunning views from a large room with double fireplace, soaker tub, living room. Breakfast with Steve will not disappoint. Steve is a great chef cooking up tasty specialties each morning.

Room Tip: Suite 45 is the best.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ausblue
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Was at conference at Hilton across the street and stayed here instead...very clean, quiet, comfortable/lg rooms, great breeze with windows/sliders open- rm is comparable to like a Residence Inn but with a gas fireplace and b-room with sep shower and tube; also nice pool and hot tub; nicely landscaped with awesome views and friendly staff...while I was at my conference I heard b-fast was great and the one day I had it was good food (cooked kindof to order, different) and friendly service...diner in stripmall across street great for lunch, limited options for dinner in Oak Creek Village there (ok Chinese, ok Mexican; the Italian place looked nice and has good reviews here but a bit pricey).

Room Tip: upper level (no elevator) has nice views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NewHavenTraveller
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Great and accommodating staff. Beautiful rooms and bathrooms with high end amenities (philosophy). Down comforters and good linen and pillows. Kitchens are stocked with cooking basics. Lovely art on the walls, fireplaces, full dining room table, throw blankets, books and current periodicals, all to make you more comfortable. Breakfast could be better, the food was not served hot, somedays the eggs were cold. Breakfast servers were very sweet and engaged in conversation with us. Will stay again!!

• Stayed November 2013
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Just returned from a one night stay at Las Posadas of Sedona and loved it. It is a lovely B&B Boutique Inn located just outside of the main town of Sedona towards the Village of Oak Creek. I actually think the scenery getting there is the best in the area and I felt it was nice to stay outside of the more touristy Sedona main street. There are still plenty of places to eat in the area and the surrounding vistas are superb. The office staff were very helpful with recommendations (and with mailing me something I left behind). Our super spacious room was on a lower level near the breakfast area so we did not have much of a view from the room, but we had planned to go elsewhere to see the sunset and sunrise so that did not matter too much to us. We did get an opportunity to use the fireplace in the room as the evening was quite chilly. It was great that the fireplace worked on a timer so we could just fall asleep without having to worry about turning it off. After getting up early to view the sunset we returned to have a delicious fully cooked breakfast! I only wish we could have stayed longer, but will definitely plan to return to Sedona and Las Posadas.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

10 of us stayed at Las Posadas 10/23/13-10/27/13. We were there for a golf vacation from NY. Loved the hotel. for those expecting a Ritz, you will be disappointed. This is a boutique hotel, and it states that on a large sign on the front of the building. I stayed in a villa suite. It was HUGE and very comfortable. It consisted of a living room, dining room, den, large bedroom with comfortable bed, large bathroom with double sink, beautiful stone tile throughout. The whole villa was very clean. Nice size kitchen with all new appliances. I began planning this trip months ago with Dory. Working with her was wonderful. She went out of her way to do all she could for us. She even offered to open the kitchen early for us on the days we had to leave for golf prior to the kitchen's regular open time. Instead of putting the staff out of their way, we opted to have the kitchen staff deliver a cooked breakfast burrito, delicious fresh yogurt and great granola. The next day they delivered a great bacon,egg,cheese sandwich along with other stuff. My thanks for that! About a week before our trip, I put in a call to Dory to infirm all our special needs and requirements. Miguel answered the phone and told me Dory no longer works there. I was shocked to hear this and was very worried that all our planning we did with Dory would be lost. I was the one who did all the planning for the 10 of us so I had the responsibility of this entire trip. Miguel assured me all would be ok, and that Suzanna would be calling me.
A few hours later , Suzanna did call me assuring me all would be ok. We went over all the notes and excursions we had planned. suzanna did have all the info. she was eager to call all the golf courses and confirm our tee times. She also suggested different restaurants and made reservations for us. She and Miguel were wonderful and the trip played out without a glitch in it. Had a great time. Even the guys staying in a non suite standard room commented how large the rooms were.
I will certainly go back with my wife next time.
I loved las Posadas, Sedona, the red rocks, and the spectacular golf courses.
If anyone wants specifics on the courses we played, please ask. I could go on forever.
Pete