“Hopi Land tour: an eye opening tour”
Review of Redstone Tours

and up
Grand Canyon and Navajo Indian Reservation
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Based in Sedona, Arizona, Redstone is a tour company that specializes in Sedona Tours, Grand Canyon Tours and Colorado River Rafting. Our guides share their intimate knowledge of the natural history and culture of the Southwest. Our guests relax and learn in total comfort as they take in the landscapes and traditions of the Grand Canyon State. Small group sizes, experienced guides, and individual attention are what set Redstone Tours apart. Our Grand Canyon Tours, Sedona Tours, Colorado River Rafting trips, Monument Valley and Hopi tours are designed for people who want to experience all the beauty and adventure of Sedona, The Grand Canyon, Native American lands while avoiding the crowds. Enjoy the flexibility of our small groups and a relaxing, intimate atmosphere. Redstone Tours strives to provide its guests with safe, fun, educational tours that they will remember a lifetime. Call Redstone to arrange one of our great Grand Canyon tours, Sedona tours, Colorado River Rafting trips, Monument Valley and Hopi tours.
Bergamo, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hopi Land tour: an eye opening tour”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had always felt fascinated by the Native Americans history and wanted to learn more about their traditions so when I by chance picked up a Redstone Hopi Land Tour in a tourist information office in Sedona I decided it could be a good opportunity to know something more. i kind of dreaded, though, I could remain on the surface of it, going to see somebody performing something for the tourists' satisfaction, but I decided to run the risk and spend the 150 usd requested.
Two days have passed since that tour and the images of what I saw and the emotions that tour has inspired still linger on in my heart. Now I can tell what the native Americans went through and are still going through. Now I can tell how the fascination I felt has turned into the deepest respect for them and for the values the Hopi still observe and represent nowadays. Thanks Redstone tours for organizing such trips and thanks above all to our guide James for helping us gain such a deep and perfect insight about it.

Visited July 2014

San Antonio, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Lynn was our tour guide to Monument Valley and she was very knowledgeable and so friendly! She made the tour so enjoyable and ensured that we made it to see everything (even though the tour was running behind). First class business that I WILL use again! Also, great deal with the Groupon!

Visited June 2014
Peoria, Arizona
“Entertaining and informative”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our guide J.R. was very welcoming the second we stepped on the bus. He was engaging and friendly in his conversations as he was driving us to Antelope Slot Canyon. It was the first time we visited and found out a lot of informations along the way, it wasn't a dull moment while on the bus, we had videos to watch, engaged in discussion on different topics or watch a movie. We definitely enjoyed all the sights and the way the tour was organized.
Highly recommend the tour if you are looking for a busy, informative trip where all you have to do is relax and enjoy! It was wonderful!

Manchester Township, New Jersey
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 415 helpful votes
“"Who Was That Knowledgeable Guy"”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We took the Grand Canyon tour. Our guide was,"J.R." Ralston. At the end of the tour, I didn't know whether to tip him or ask him for an autograph. He talked a lot, I didn't have time to sleep(the tour pick up time was 7:15 am). A credit to J.R., I couldn't sleep because I didn't want to miss anything he said. He was a walking history book with hands on experience. He scored a lot of creditability points with his knowledge and the way he made you feel as if this was his first tour and you were his best group. He took his time to explain,answer and just didn't go through the motions. Our tour got back late because he didn't want to rush us through the sites. Lunch was great and he still kept talking, stopping only to breathe between bites of that good food. The type of food, where it was from, he knew it all! He took us to less crowded places at the canyon and again, was impressive with his knowledge. I couldn't even stump him on movie trivia :). If you get him as a guide, tell him Montel from NJ said hello, he will remember :) I didn't ask for the autograph but he sure earned the tip !!! Great Guy, !

4 Thank Montel38
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“1 day slot canyon tour”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We've lived in AZ over two decades but decided to go on Redstone's Groupon tour to Antelope Canyon - and we're glad we did! One, J.R. did the driving - picked us up at 5:45 AM. Two, J.R.provided information that would have taken us DAYS to read and comprehend. (and had books/magazines to show us pictures and back up his facts!) He explained the geology of Arizona in terms and with images we could all comprehend. THREE, J.R. did all the planning (including providing a nice lunch). Due to the Slide Fire, he had to change his usual route but never missed a beat. We had the added bonus of a stop at Horseshoe lookout (Colorado River). Beautiful, if you're not scared of heights!

As a Sedona native J.R. provided a great deal of history and insight (some personal, some from books, etc.). Somehow our entry time into the Upper Canyon was cancelled but J.R. worked his "magic" and got us right in to the "Lower" ~ which is longer (upper is wider). We felt it was fabulous and well worth it (and were told it was less crowded that day). This trip was VERY interesting and not to be forgotten! We're glad we went on the tour rather than making a go of it on our own.

Our plan is to head back sometime in the future to take in the Upper Canyon, this time on our own, but with great knowledge gleaned from J.R.

Visited May 2014

Been to Redstone Tours? Share your experiences!