“Our five night stay could not have been any better, fantastic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Sedona Cathedral Hideaway
Ranked #17 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We have experienced many B & B inns over the past 25 years with varying levels of satisfaction. Our recent 5 night stay with Kathy and Larry was wonderful. The Sedona Cathedral Hideaway is now at the top of our favorite B & B list. The individually prepared breakfasts were always amazing, and the daily surprise entertainment was a great way to start the day. They happily provided detailed information for hikes and restaurants, and arranged an unforgettable back road guided tour in a 4 wheel truck. The location off the main road is extremely quiet and easy to access Sedona for all activities. Homemade ice cream is a real treat, always available snacks, water and soda are nice amenities. The room was large and well furnished, great bathroom with two person shower and whirlpool tub, sleep number king bed was comfortable. Incredible views from all windows, just an amazing place. We would highly recommend this inn, you will love it!

Room Tip: This is a two guest room inn, both rooms are very large. We stayed in the 2nd floor Safari room, qui...

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We’ve just made a return visit to this welcoming home, one of our Sedona favorites. Cathedral Hideaway has two oversized luxurious guest bedrooms that enjoy a fine picture-window view of beautiful Cathedral Rock. The home is in a secluded, relatively undeveloped area of Sedona, accessed via the winding, paved Upper Red Rock Loop Road. Area residences are scattered among desert pinyon pines and you can hear the coyotes howl at night, quail nearby in the mornings, and hummingbirds that flock to the Hideaway’s deckside feeders by the hundreds in mid-August (and there are a few year-round resident hummers). One guest room is on the ground floor for easy access and has a benched shower, with a portable grab bar available if needed. Kathy and Larry are delightful, caring hosts who do everything imaginable for their guests’ comfort, anticipating your needs for seating, shade, and favorite beverage. Their breakfast dishes include sweet or savory items featuring fruit (strawberries, blueberries, kiwi) or veggies (avocados, tomatoes, mushrooms) layered with whole grain toast and cheeses; omelets with veggies and cheese; fruit smoothies; yogurt parfaits; puff pastry creations; or a freshly made coffeecake topped with apples and cinnamon. Breakfasts are selected from a picturebook menu the night before, and are offered with an elegant table setting which changes daily, along with a fun bit of surprise entertainment.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I just returned from a 5-night stay at this top-notch B&B. I felt so pampered and well-cared for it was hard to leave! My trip was part of a recovery from major surgery 4 months ago, and I could not have had a better recuperation anywhere. I left my husband and son at home, but I never felt lonely or lacking for things to do. Kathy and Larry are warm, full of local information and recommendations right down to which trails I could hike that would not be too challenging.
Included in my stay were two spa treatments by Kathy, including an LED facial that rejuvenated my skin and minimized signs of aging! I agree with all of the details listed below in previous reviews, and I agree with everyone that this B&B is a special experience not to be missed. Next time I will bring my husband!

Room Tip: Both rooms are excellent. The Safari Room is upstairs and a little larger than the Evergreen Room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I would consider myself someone that always got extremely excited over hotel and resort stays....and seem to hesitate on B&B's but I took my risk after extended research. And what I found is that I couldn't have asked for more and wouldn't ever trade it back to stay in a stuffy resort!!
The company of Larry and Kathy really put this place over the edge! Such great and sincere genuine care for their guests. Very accomodating with every desire you could ask for. The jacuzzi was an awesome experience with jets and a starry view. Chocolates, snacks, water, etc. filled in your room.....do the math on how much you would spend on a hotel with little items like that and it adds up. The breakfast alone made this place all the more justifiable on cost. We really enjoyed being able to find peace and quiet time anywhere on the premise. We also reallly enjoyed the path that led to a really beautiful hike just outside our bedroom door. This place truly had it all!!! I almost never wanted to leave. There are a lot of fun surprises waiting for you here. Planning to book again next year!!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed four nights at Sedona Cathedral Hideaway for an anniversary getaway. After reading the reviews and talking to Larry and Kathy about possible activities, dietary issues, etc. I was expecting a great experience, and those expectations were exceeded. Larry and Kathy are warm, personable, interesting people, and they went the extra mile to help us enjoy our vacation. Their restaurant recommendations came from their own experience as well as those of previous guests, and they were spot-on. They set us up with a top-notch guide for hiking, in-room massage therapists, recommended routes and stops at the Grand Canyon, showed us a hike just out their back door, and generally spoiled us. The B&B itself is luxurious and lacking nothing. We had breathtaking views from our suite, which included a fireplace, jacuzzi, large shower for two with instant-on hot water, huge walk-in closet, twin sinks, refrigerator stocked with water and other drinks, slippers, robes, Satellite TV/DVD, Sleep Number bed with pillow top mattress and extra pad (incredibly comfortable), and room darkening shades. Oh, and the breakfasts are out of this world. You can choose from about 25 options, and customize from there. My wife has celiac, and I am diabetic, and there was no problem meeting our requirements with flair. The breakfast setting was a deck overlooking the property, watching about a gazillion hummingbirds. There is another deck for star-gazing on anti-grav chairs, and a beautiful stone patio to sit and reflect on your good fortune finding Sedona Cathedral Hideaway. Absolutely fantastic!!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

After reading the reviews for SCH, we were hopeful, but skeptical. However, having just spent 4 days being pampered in Kathy and Larry's gorgeous Sedona home, we will the echo previous reviews and say this was an amazing "find." The place is immaculate, every little detail has been thought of - including a humidifier for the AZ dryness, slippers, stocked cold drinks and snacks (all complementary), a HUGE shower (we were in the Safari room), and a Sedona touring CD that takes you to see the sights on a drive. The breakfasts were spectacular, and we had essentially anything we could think of; the setting was magical - sitting on the back deck with the dancing hummingbirds a few feet away. Quite spectacular. The more of the other resorts we saw as we looked around Sedona, the more we felt very lucky to have found SCH. If you want pure anonymity, perhaps a large resort or hotel would work better; however if you want to be in the company of genuinely kind, helpful, wonderful people, then Kathy and Larry's home is the place. They also hooked us up with a great guide (Mike) who knows the area trails like the back of his hand. A great trip!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David N
Reviewed 29 July 2013

You can't go wrong, with this bed and breakfast. The host's are the most gracious, kind and wonderful people, made us feel like family. We left there feeling like God had sent us two new and wonderful friends. The room was fantastic, clean, warm and very relaxing. The views and the experience with the wildlife especially the humming birds were just amazing. If you don't take the chance and visit this wonderful place, your really missing out. We have already made reservations for another visit in 4 months. You will not regret the time, my husband has cancer and Larry and Kathy made sure that everything went well for him making sure that he had what he needed from food, to extra blankets just anything that would make him more comfortable. Don't waste your time looking around this is the Place to be.

Room Tip: I loved the Evergreen room for the fireplace that you could see from everywhere in the room. and the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple