“Pizza for Tourists”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery
Sedona, Arizona
“Pizza for Tourists”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

First Impression: Nice location...hmm, outdoor seating; that's nice. Open the door... uninviting, cafeteria-like. Echo-voluminous. Should I sit down for table service, or is this an order-at-counter joint? No indication. I see a counter at the other end of the room, far from the door. I pass a cooler full of craft beers. A flat screen TV is over the counter area...."How does this work? I ask. "Should we seat ourselves?" "Order and pay here", is the reply. We will bring your food to your table."

Okay, I'm wondering... Where is the menu??? Nothing on the wall. The guy points out the trifolded little take-away menu on the counter. So, I need to make a decision here at the counter. "Where are the beverages?" I ask. He points out a chalkboard, sitting on the floor behind the counter... all craft beers (nice assortment/pricey). "I don't see any wine," I prod. "We really aren't abouit wine here," the response. "We are about craft beers." "But my wife would like a glass of wine." Come over here" he says. I walk behind the counter where there are four bottles of wine. "Prices?" I ask. He points to the teeny grocery-style price labels. "By the glass?" I ask. A second little label announces $10 for a glass of decent Malbec. "But we are eating pizza," I protest. "We will work on it," the response.-----I finally order... pizza, a coke and a glass of water. The guy pushes a tablet at me, which sums the bill and requests a signature. But, it also prompts for a tip: 15%-20%-25%-30%..Just Touch The Amount....THIS BEFORE ANY SERVICE HAS TAKEN PLACE. Amazing. I'm wanting to leave, but I will see this through...

The pizza was good, not amazing. This place is designed to be a convenience to tourists and to part them with the contents of their wallets without need to provide ANY service or ambience. Locals (the ones I speak to) will try the place once, then be done.

This is a new business at writing. I'm hoping that the owners pull it together as a result of reading this and other such reviews.

1 Thank Charles W

tempe az
“Great pizza & beer”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Pizza prepared the traditional way - hot, lovely crust, great sauce... What could be better? Well, how about add some excellent draft beer (really an outstanding selection).
Make sure you get plenty of sauce - one time whoever made the pizza skimped on sauce and it wasn't nearly as good that way.

Visited August 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Room for improvement”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We rented a house in the Village of Oak Creek that was right around the corner from the pizza shop. On our last night there, we decided to order some pizza for delivery to keep things simple, After more than an hour had passed and we still didn't have food we called them to find out what was going on... they said that the driver was new and couldn't figure out what apartment we were in. Turns out there is a nearly identically named street on the other side of town. I'm thinking they should know to get some specific info from the customer, since they should know their own town. When they finally got us our food it showed up cold and they forgot the 2 liter of soda we ordered. The driver was polite and apologetic and ran back to get the soda and brought it to us. Its unfortunate, because the pizza, albeit cold, was very tasty. Not sure if we'd go back to them if we visited the area again.

PA
“Great pizza”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Decided we had enough of going out for dinner so we picked up pizza from Famous Pizza. Just plain great pizza and a reasonable price. I definitely recommend this place. Great selection of beer also.

Visited July 2014
De Pere, Wisconsin
“We were just tired and hungry”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were staying at the LaQuinta in Oak Creek we checked in about 8:30 the desk clerk suggested Famous Pizza as it was right next door. We did and we were not disappointed. I had an Italian sub that was absolutely out of this world. They do not skimp on anything. my husband and son had pizza my daughter a meatball sub. I wish we could move them to Wisconsin - Thank you for feeding tired travelers and being a very friendly place to visit.

• Visited August 2014

Been to Famous Pizza? Share your experiences!