“Great meal”
Review of Barking Frog Grille - CLOSED

Barking Frog Grille
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: After ten dedicated years of serving the Sedona community and its visitors, the Barking Frog Grille will be closing on September 4th. After renovations to the building and the addition of a 700 sq. ft. dining patio offering great Red Rock views in West Sedona, the new concept of QUALITY KITCHEN + BAR will be introduced on September 21st. We are forever grateful to the Sedona community for its support and interest in the Barking Frog Grille, but are now equally enthusiastic about the opportunity to partner with Executive Chef Michael Clancy to bring you QUALITY KITCHEN + BAR. View our Sample Menu at www.qualitykitchenandbar.com
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Found this place online before we travelled and so glad that we visited. The cactus fries are amazing as was the Prickly Pear Margherita. The ribs though are to die for, you must try them.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

After we checked in at the Sedona Motel (review pending) on Monday, we perused the TripAdvisor reviews of Sedona restaurants. My wife's first choice was closed Monday through Tuesday. She felt disappointed as she was looking forward to Mexican fusion food. Next choice was the Barking Frog and we were very happy that the first venue was closed on Monday.
When we entered the restaurant we saw an elderly couple tucking into their rack of baby back ribs and fries. Against my wife's protestations I asked the lady if the food was any good. She said it was horrible. He chimed in and said she twisted his arm to bring him here. 'Nuff said, we settled down almost next to them.
Shannon our server/ also the bartender brought me a glass of house red wine. A very generous pour, by the way. We ordered smoked salmon and shrimp cakes as appetizers and I ordered the house special, grilled cheese sandwich at the "before 5 PM price." While it was around 4:30 PM it was already 7:30 PM for us from Indiana.
What followed was a gastronomic delight. Both dishes were fantastic. I chose sweet potato fries to accompany the grilled cheese sandwich that included portobello mushrooms, caramelized onions and other great stuff. Excellent!!
As we were getting ready the elderly couple came over and asked if we were locals. When we told her that we were from Indiana she said they are from Alabama. The husband warned us that she is a "hugger: " She proved it by giving us BIG hugs. What a deal. We had a great meal at very reasonable prices, had great service and we get hugs from strangers but friends from Alabama.
Bottom Line: Fantastic food and service. We kept thinking and talking about the Barking Frog throughout our tour of the North Rim of the Grand canyon. May she/he keep on barking.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We had late lunch, and the food was great! Our server was outstanding, and since it was quiet took the time to have a chat. We'd eat there again if we go back to Sedona.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is the first place my husband and I ate after arriving in Sedona. After reading reviews on TA I made a list of all the places we should try and this was one of them. The food and the service was great. I love the atmosphere. It was very relaxing after a long flight from PA.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

The Sangria was delicious. I had the small plate prickly pear and chicken flautas the table side guacamole.