“Beautiful Setting with a nice facelift, but food was only Pretty Good”
Review of Hideaway House

Hideaway House
Ranked #14 of 200 Restaurants in Sedona
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The kind of place that reminds of having dinner at your Italian friends house. Traditional classics, using the best available ingredients with country style preparation. Something for everyone in your group. Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, steak, trout, salmon. Everything prepared in house! We bake our own bread and desserts daily. All our sauces, soups and dressing are made right here. Vegetarian and gluten free options that you'll enjoy. We have a full bar, exquisite wine list, and one of the best views in Sedona. Cozy, warm and inviting so you can hideaway from the hustle.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We tried this restaurant and the update and the renovation of the location is very nice and the view from the patio has always been a knock-out. It has a lot of ambiance. I wasn't very hungry, so my husband and I split an antipasto salad and all of the many fresh ingredients were great with a generous dose of a variety of sliced Italian salamis, but the dressing was a disappointment. I only had an order of their naked wings and they were just OK. My husband had the Italian meatloaf which was much better than my wings. The meatloaf had a very mild slightly sweet Italian sauce. The service was pretty good. I regret that we didn't try the pizza, but will return to give that a try. Enough good points to get us to return.

1  Thank Terri O

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the new Hideaway. It is definitely a step up from the old Hideaway, which is not a criticism of the previous restaurant. It's just that the new Hideaway is a fine upscale restaurant whereas the old Hideaway was a good basic Italian restaurant. The service at the new Hideaway was friendly, attentive and professional. All the staff were friendly and tried to make you feel welcome. The food was served promptly and the presentation was very well done. I had the trout special and my wife had the penne special. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Of course, the views were fantastic as always. I was impressed with the care taken to decorate the restaurant. I had the Berry Basil martini and it was a delicious mouth awakener if a bit sweet for me. With my dinner I had a Russian River Chardonnay which was very, very good. The restaurant has a diverse menu that should provide at least one dish for any diner. We live in Sedona and have whittled our selection of repeat visit restaurants down to a few. This will go on the list.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We found this restaurant purely by accident and had the best meal of our entire vacation. Nestled away in a quiet corner, the patio overlooks the tops of trees and looks out over the mountains in the distance with a perfect choice of music playing quietly in the background. The staff were friendly and attentive and the food was just outstanding. My partner had the roast beef sandwich and is still raving about it now! I had the Greek salad and a crustini and both were excellent. The prices are very reasonable for both food and drinks and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. The chef came out to talk to us which was a lovely touch and the bus boys were adorable! If you do nothing else in Sedona, you just have to try the hideaway house, it was truly a delight.

1  Thank Angela D
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This location is a favorite for the regulars in Sedona. New owners have given it a well - needed face lift.The Chef from Phoenix has brought together the menu to complete the package.

The pizza is amazing. We had the meatball pizza and the watermelon appetizer. Wow!

Good luck. The views alone should bring in lots of business.

2  Thank pretzel1234
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The secret to our great day and dinning experience is we visited during the first week of opening. The best service, mild crowd and great food. What won't last is the the mild crowd. In short time this place will capture the heart of Sedona and the crowds will come. The charm will never fade but you will have to plan to get a seat. IT IS THAT GOOD! Best of luck to Steve and Laura the new owners. May the stampede last forever. I predict good things are in store for this establishment.

3  Thank Keith W

Been to Hideaway House? Share your experiences!