“A wonderful getaway inn”
Review of Briar Patch Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Briar Patch Inn
Ranked #6 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The location of this property is gorgeous- right on beautiful Oak Creek. It is easy to find and just a few miles outside of Sedona, so you are out of the busy town traffic. The cabin (with kitchenette) we stayed in was a bit dated, but no matter- you have absolutely everything you need. We stayed in a creekside cabin with a patio overlooking the creek, a fireplace on the patio that was readily stocked, and table and chairs to relax. Breakfast in the morning is outstanding. Take your tray and sit out near the creek! Afternoon tea, coffee, and snacks are also served. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful if you find that you need anything, or even just ideas for dinner or recreation. Book a massage in the gazebo...it sits above the creek and there is nothing like seeing and hearing nature while enjoying some relaxation time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place is truly an oasis. Just minutes from downtown Sedona the location really can't be beat. You don't have views of the Red Rocks but you have your own private lush grounds and direct access to Oak Creek. The only reason I gave four stars is because I was traveling with my 9 and 10 year old and there was no TV, WiFi in the room (only in the main house breakfast area), and no cell coverage (AT&T). That made planning our activities a little time consuming and frustrating. Also, for the price, it seems a little high as the cabins aren't luxurious. They are more rustic, cabin, cozy which is fine but I expected more. But the place was very clean, the staff very friendly and the front desk was also exceptionally helpful. I'd return with my husband for a romantic getaway for sure.

1  Thank Diana B
briarpatch3190, Manager at Briar Patch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

We thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Yes, we choose to not have televisions, wifi and phones in the cabins....we call those amenities. We try to maintain an environment that is disconnected from the fray of life. We do have full concierge service and enjoy assisting our guests in finding what they need if they are having difficulty with making connections for certain activities.

Our decor is "rustic elegance." Keeping with the feel of nature and simplicity, yet striving to bring details into each setting for comfort and charm. We understand that this is subjective and honor each individuals tastes.

This is a beautiful place for a romantic get away...hope to see you back to enjoy just that!

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The cabin we stayed in was built in 1930 it was absolutely gorgeous. BNB style – the breakfast are wonderful – only thing I would say is a little more variety is needed at breakfast from day today. The staff extremely friendly. The setting on Oak Creek is beautiful. One of the most romantic places I've ever been. My lover and I will return over and over she and I both loved it.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you so for the review. May we be a part of your magical romance time and time again. :o)

See you soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

What a unique and delightful place for us to show the kids the beauty of Sedona.

Whilst I would not describe this as a family venue, the staff were so ridiculously warm and hospitable and the setting straight out of a storybook that we were made to feel so at home even though no other kids were there when we stayed. We created such amazing family memories here during our overseas holiday. I would book Creekside again in a heartbeat! We loved the river below our balcony and enjoying the open fire each night. The breakfasts were to die for and the kids, when not feeling adventurous, were looked after with cereal! Out of town enough to feel surrounded by nature, but close enough to enjoy all Sedona had to offer. Wish we were still with you! It was rustic and charming, yet clean and had everything we could possibly need.

Room Tip: Creekside was so wonderful could highly recommend it.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We traveled to Sedona with a group of 7 recently and choose the Briar Patch Inn based off of information in Lonely Planet's guidebook for the Southwest. They were spot on. We stayed in the Ponderosa, a large residence with beds for at least 9. Would be a great place for a longer stay, as there was a full kitchen. Fireplaces were stocked and ready to go, which was great on the cold mornings. Access to downtown Sedona was great, but even better was the access to Oak Creek. We went down and put our feet in the water. Would be great swimming in a couple more months when it is warmer! Best of all for our group was the breakfast. Healthy, tasty, and a great setting in the lodge. No doubt I would recommend this BandB to anyone that asked, and just hope I have the opportunity to visit again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was married to my husband at the Briar Patch Inn. We stayed in the cabin called Creekside and I wouldn't want any other way. The cabin is very spacious and being able to hear the sound and sight of the creek right under you is awesome. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast was amazing. The location is a wonderful place for a small intimate wedding or a couple get away.

Room Tip: Creekside is a great cabin if you want to be right on the water.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank princess1Arizona
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My family just returned from a beautiful few days in Sedona. Our stay at the Briar Patch was a highlight of our trip! The grounds are gorgeous and well-maintained. The staff were all friendly and extremely helpful (providing not only a local map, but many tips on restaurants and hikes). Breakfast was light and delicious and afternoon tea was available. There are tables set up by the creek- to eat, play cards, read, or just relax. My sister had a creekside massage and said the sound of the birds and the creek made for the best massage experience she'd ever had!
We stayed in the Wren cottage-which was comfy and charming! It's closer to the road, but just a two minute (if that) walk down to the creek. The price is very reasonable and well worth the value. Every time we passed a larger hotel on the road in town, we commented on how glad we were to have picked the Briar Patch. I would absolutely stay here again on the next trip to magical Sedona!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends