“Great Bed and Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Adobe Village Inn
Ranked #18 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada
“Great Bed and Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great views, great decor and excellent gourmet style breakfasts. Lots of information about things to see and do in the Sedona area. Staff was friendly but distant. Room was fine but we were there during a cold spell and the room was cold overnight. The shower/bath facilities were cramped and difficult to enter and exit.

This is not an ideal place for the mobility challenged because of stairs, especially in the common areas. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Depending on one's budget, would recommend the King rooms. More space and better amenities. W...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Pasco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Bottom Line: the views are worth any minor inconveniences and we WOULD stay here again. We opted to pay the few extra dollars to stay in one of the second floor 2 bedroom suites (Toroweap) We were rewarded with an amazing view of Bell Rock, Courthouse Rock, and more that we didn't learn the names of. The deck was a great place to start the day over coffee and end the day with a glass of wine (also met our neighbors and shared experiences and tour/hiking ideas with them). The breakfasts were unique and very tasty, reflecting a SW theme-filling, but not bloating. As others have noted, there are a variety of room styles at this property; the large number of guests also takes away from the traditional B&B host/guest interaction. At breakfast, Cheryl was always busy cooking and Ron frantically trying to keep up with food delivery and dish removal to the point that there we almost felt guilty trying to ask questions about sites, ... Not an issue if you are expecting this type of arrangement, but could turn off some expecting the traditional B&B personal interaction.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Weston, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night recently so we could enjoy some red rock touring the next day. The place is decent. We had our 14 year old son with us and we opted for the Country room because of the sleeper sofa verses the "air mattress" option that was in another room. The sleeper sofa sucked. My son who is usually very low key was very uncomfortable as he felt every spring. That mattress needs to be replaced.

Also the room was real hot. If you put the ceiling fan on it makes quite a racket so our only option was to crack open the windows as the air conditioner was turned off.

The breakfast was awesome and the staff was super friendly. Even with the couple of room issues I would recommend this place as a viable B&B option.

• Stayed March 2013
HENDERSON NEVADA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed in their largest two bedroom suite (kabib). Nice living room,dining area, kitchen and laundry room.My guess is it is a converted condo.Balcony off the living room backs up to a National forest with great red rock views. The larger bedroom has no view and the smaller one has a nice red rock view. A gourmet breakfast is offered each morning. The problem is that it would not appeal to fussy eaters or kids. For about 400/night I would expect more upgrades in our suite. Very small and old TV in the living room. No TVS in the bedrooms. Only one phone in the entire suite. Very tiny bathrooms and temperamental hot water. Not a bad stay but room for improvement.

Room Tip: I would suggest the two bedroom suites for privacy and not noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Magnum357
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have never once written an on-line review re: any establishment, until I encountered this one yesterday. I was heading to Sedona with my significant other for a very special romantic weekend that I had spent great time researching and planning. I had booked an upgraded villa via travelocity (in excess of $350+). My card was charged and I received immediate confirmation of that specific room and its booking. When I arrived yesterday, the "innkeeper" greeted me with no record of my reservation, and indicated the room was already occupied. She kept me in the lobby for over 20 mins, while meeting with the owners, to let me know my reservation had somehow been cancelled, but wasn't sure how that happened? With little class or respect, she offered me a lesser quality room for a much higher price that the owners had put together. I asked for the owners to come out and meet with me, and she refused, as they didn't want to come out to discuss the matter. I told her the room wasn't a close equivalent, and per their website same day bookings are discounted 25%, and therefore even if I considered this room, it shouldn't be charged at full price (more than my original room, especially considering this situation). Based on the situation at hand, the owners should have immediately come out, and attempting to resolve the situation to a satisfactory manner, or at least should have apologized for the disaster. I told her most rooms in the town were sold out, and I had no idea where I was to stay She walked me to the door, shrugged her shoulders, and shut it behind me forcefully. These individuals need a lesson on some class, especially being in this type of industry. You should all be ashamed of yourself! This is not only a horrid way to treat a guest, but another human being, in general. I spent the next hour in their parking lot, contacting travelocity and attempting to locate another room of some type on an overly booked Sedona weekend, while the "innkeeper" repeatedly walked past my car with items for guest rooms, and not even a look my way! I ended up in a low class establishment for the night, lucky to even find a room at such short notice! Shameful establishment! I cannot express how poorly the owners of this establishment handled such a situation!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Greg H
Silveradoguy, Owner at Adobe Village Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
In response to Greg H from Scottsdale review:

We use BedandBreakfast.com to market our Inn through the Global Distribution System (GDS). Greg's reservation through Travelocity was sent to us via BedandBreakfast.com and we received the reservation at 7:50 PM on Friday, March 22, 2013 for a reservation for Saturday, March 23, 2013 for our Lonesome Dove Villa. BedandBreakfast.com then sent us a cancellation for this reservation on Friday, March 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM. The net result of these two transactions was that we didn't have a reservation for Greg as it was cancelled.

Greg arrives on Saturday afternoon on March 23, 2013 to check in. Not only didn't we have a reservation for him, the room he wanted was subsequently booked by another guest. We did offer Greg another room, (Sedona Suite) which is priced identical to Lonesome Dove. Greg's statement that this room was not a close equivalent is incorrect. Sedona Suite is actually a larger room with two fireplaces, a steam shower,, large living room space and private patio not offered in Lonesome Dove.

Greg's review was all about how we should have resolved this situation with him when in fact there was nothing to resolve with us. He should have been trying to resolve this with Travelocity as they were the vendor that booked the room and then subsequently cancelled it.

My advice to Greg in the future is that when spending all this time researching and planning, he should have booked the room sooner than 15 hours before he was to check in. If this was thoroughly researched, he would have called us directly and received the 25% discount that Travelocity didn't offer.

Greg's comment that same day bookings are discounted 25% is incorrect. The website explains that you cannot book this special online and does not apply to walk ins. You must call prior to arriving to receive this rate.

Greg indicates in his review that his cc was charged $350+. Adobe Village Graham Inn didn't charge his cc as we didn't have that information. The only information we did have was his name, no contact or e-mail information. Hopefully, Travelocity refunded the cc when they cancelled the reservation.

Ron
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed in the Sundance Room for 3 nights and felt that everything was exactly as expected, if not more. The inn was spotlessly clean and attention paid to every detail. We had a little trouble getting our CD player to work, and when I mentioned it to Ron, that night when we returned to our room it was working perfectly. We enjoyed the fireplace and the luxurious bed and fine linens. It was so quiet we felt we had the whole place to ourselves. The grounds and common areas are beautiful and immaculate. Even our own parking space. Convenient to everything, overall a lovely place, well managed, every little detail attended to, no expense spared to make our stay everything we wanted and more. The owners and staff were attentive and caring. I have traveled extensively over the past 40 years both in the US and abroad and I would count this place as one of the nicest and best managed. Highly recommend it to anyone wanting to experience the real Sedona. A little upscale, but the prices are explained ahead of time, so if you think it is too pricey, there is probably a Holiday Inn down the road. This is the place for those who want a fine experience in a very lovely place. I would give it 10 stars if I could.

Room Tip: The Sundance room is rustic, warm, cozy, jacuzzi tub and shower built for two, huge luxurous bed, qu...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gypsyglenday
Torrance, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

We had a delightful stay for 4 days in a lovely setting over looking those great red rocks. This is a quiet bed and breakfast with charming rooms and great breakfasts by Cheryl. You will probably not need lunch as your morning meal is bountiful. Ron was very helpful in recommending areas for hiking and visiting. We appreciated that he printed up our boarding passes when we were at dinner. What a relief!
We would stay here again...all our wants and needs were met.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple