“Outstanding getaway”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles
“Outstanding getaway”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Came here with my girlfriend for a weekend getaway. Nice view from hotel and very relaxing atmosphere. Not to mention their delicious breakfast and outstanding staff! Plan to come back with my parents and stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My wife and I spent a night in the purple lizard room. It could NOT have been a better room. Uniquely decorated, all the amenities necessary, and then some. It was beautiful and so different that I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who wants a b & b stay that is a cut above the norm.

Room Tip: You won't regret this room. It has a great jetted tub, and rain shower.
1 Thank CassidyPennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed here a few years ago and I am shocked by dome of the reviews. The owners were awesome. My husband and I were arriving a little late late, as we were driving from Las Vegas. We are from PA. The owners waited up for us past check in time. My husband proposed to me that night and when we told the owners the next day during our amazing breakfast, they offered us a villa, anyone we wanted at no extra cost! When we were leaving I kept telling them how much I love the food and they even gave us a cookbook of all their recipes! THey truly went above and beyond to make it one of the most memorable experiences and moments in life. We can not wait to return to the beautiful villas at adobe graham inn and we have never forgotten their kindness in sharing in such a milestone in life. No one has ever been kinder to us! Thank you! Kristie and Matt

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank kaayzee
McHenry, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We planned a trip with another couple and found Adobe Village Graham Inn on Trip Advisor. Contacted the owner directly and booked a week stay from May 22nd to May 29th. Rooms were great, breakfast outstanding and the Innkeepers, Ron and Cheryl, made us feel welcome. Ron was most helpful with recommendations of things to do and see and even set us up with Mike of sourhwestoutside.com for a full day at the Grand Canyon. Loved the leisurely breakfast each morning, the view from the patio was great and just a few doors down there was an easy walking path to get a really great view of the Red Rocks - did sunrise photos the first day there. Everything, weather included, was great.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Larry L
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We ended up staying at Adobe Village last minute (made the reservations only 2 days before!) They were very accommodating and gave us a great deal for the area. Our room was gorgeous! The pictures on the website don't really do the rooms justice. We were in the country room and it had the most wonderful bed I've ever slept in. Also the room was much larger than I expected and had a private balcony with gorgeous views! There was also a pool and hot tub out back. We used the hot tub in the evening and it was the perfect way to ease our hike-tired muscles and look at the stars. My only slight complaint was that while breakfast was creative it wasn't that good and was mostly carbs... Would still definitely go back though!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2013

It’s been really hectic at work, so we wanted to get a way for the weekend. We booked a Country Room @ Adobe Village Graham Inn. Before we booked a room, we went on lined and browsed through and found this place. Based on their ads, it looked and sounded great; so we decided to call. We directly called the Graham Inn and booked a Country room in Main building for 2 nights with payment of $350+. When we called, we were informed that this was the only one available, so we didn’t really have a choice in selection with this place. We decided to take it because we thought a room for paying $350+ per 2 nights shouldn’t be that bed. We were so excited for the weekend to get away.

What a DISAPPOINTMENT with the room! First, the room was nothing like what it says and shows in website at all!! (http://www.adobevillagegrahaminn.com)

In my opinion, the NAGATIVE side of this place is: The room was so small (not an open floor plan); even my bedroom at my house is bigger than the room we stayed. .
We checked in later in the afternoon and our intention was to just stay and relax, but I just wanted to leave the room as soon as possible, so we went downtown for a dinner and shop around until later evening.

The bathroom was so small and jetted garden tub wasn’t working that great (it was so weak); I believe it’s from an old aged. What’s the point having a jetted tub if it’s not working properly? They could do better by replacing a modern style with a powerful jetted tub.

The room has NO freeze at all but an antic 17 or 19” TV (old Hitachi). I don’t really care for watching TV, my husband does. It was pathetic, really…
I called owner if there was a refrigerator or freeze that I can store frozen fruit that I brought, but the answer was simply no. he didn’t even sound courtesy to say sorry…but simply said no. Wow, I’m a customer-oriented and I didn’t have that impression from this place. Oh he did tell me towards the end of call that there is one refrigerator by the pool, and that was it for all to use! When I went downstairs to store frozen fruits I brought, there was a size of 3.7 CU FT refrigerator by poolside for all guest in the Main building to use. Unbelievable!

Next day, we decided to stay in, not going anywhere. The whole day was a suffocating for me stay inside the room. My husband suggested me for swimming, but the pool was not clean enough to jump in. There are 5 rooms on the 2nd floor, neck to neck; no sound proof so I could hear every single noise and conversation from people talking in the hallway.

Only positive thing I can say was a view from my balcony; I could see the Red Rock in front of my balcony; I was lucky for that!

2cents of advice: if you plan on visiting the Sedona for an outdoor activities, biking, hiking, and need a room to sleep, shop around; there are lot better places lot less price out there. There are many hotels with decent continental breakfast for their guests.
If you plan to visit the Sedona just to relax, this IS NOT the place to relax, I can say that for sure. It’s not worth of what you paying for. Never Again!

Couple from Phoenix AZ
1 June 2013

Room Tip: Shop around and Do Not believe what you see on the website and ask questions when you book a room of...
1 Thank CoupleAL
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have never been to Sedona AZ, in fact I have never been to Vegas either. Although these are very two distinct destinations, it would be the basis of my next trip. If one were to look at both of these destinations, they are certainly completly different yet in this cases complementary in some respects espeically when you visit them back to back. For this review though, I will focus on the Sedona leg of the trip.

Situated in what seems like western movie, Sedona is a breath taking place to visit. Regardless on where you drive, there is always something wonderful to catch your eye. The Adobe Village Graham Inn where we stayed certainly complimented the scenic vistas that make up Sedona. This bed and breakfast with an artfully decorated interior plays well with what Sedona is to the traveler. From the western styled sitting room located down stairs, the rustic stair case to your room or the magical vistas from the Inn, the Adobe Village Graham Inn does not disapoint.

Each morning the Inn comes to life with the guests assembling for breakfast. The Inn keepers Ron and Cheryl tag team together to provide a delicious start of the day that again takes advantage of the Southwest. This is not a simple bowl of cereal and a pat on the back mind you, it goes way beyond that. During our stay we were presented with a yummy Southwestern style burrito on one day and mediteranean omlet the next. Certainly something you would not expect from a typical bed and breakfast. Each breakfast is carefully prepared by Cheryl defining what a bed and breakfast Inn is suppose to be. Whether you choose to eat in inside or on the patio, the red rock scenerary always cranks it up a notch or two!

On one of our days, Ron the Inn keeper suggested a hike up Doe Mountan. Taking heed to his advice, it was a great hike providing an excellent vista of the valley below. Once at the top you could see helicopters (part of some tour I suppose), buzzing nearby. In fact, based upon our height it seemed that we were above them. Later that night we took Ron's advice again and visited a coveted Mexican style restaraunt called Elote; it was the icing on the cake for a perfect day.

The Inn also provides a swimming pool and hot-tub. Although we did not use the pool, the hot-tub was most inviting after a busy day of hiking and enjoying Sedona. For some reason I really could get use to this.

Although our stay was somewhat limited, it seemed we only lightly touched upon what Sedona has to offer; we would certainly visit here again as a continuation of our Western saga.

If you are searching for a romantic get-away, spiritual retreat or seek out the adventure that the landscape has to offer, Adobe Village Graham Inn is something to consider. Should you use it as a home-base, it will ehance your personal experience with this Southwestern town and provide you with a Sedona of your "own-a".

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple