We chose this property to stay at because of the glowing reviews. This place has a lot of things going for it. The room we had was really nice, we enjoyed the location away from the hustle/bustle and near good hiking, some of the guests we met were delightful, the breakfasts were delicious, and the owner sent us good, helpful emails ahead of time that gave us directions and helped us plan our trip. However, there are some things I need to say that keep this from being a five star resort.
First of all, they advertise that they have free wifi. It's neither free nor available. I could not get it to work, and the owner was not helpful to me at all or very concerned. One of the guests was able to create a hot spot with her phone. I was really upset about the false advertising.
Second, they need someone to man the lobby so that they don't have to keep the door locked when most people arrive to check in. The door is kept locked all the time, this is a property with a lot of rooms, and apparently there is only one person handling check-ins. He was gone showing someone else to their room when we arrived, and we had to wait outside for about 10 min. until he arrived to let us in. If it had been hot outside, I would have been pissed.
Third, the owner was not at all friendly or interested in meeting/getting to know his guests at all. He did not interact with any guests that we could tell. He was very rigid with rules (no ice until 4:00 p.m. and not before, must ask 1 hr. in advance if you want to use the hot tub, so much for spontaneity). It really put us off, and we can't believe others reviewing this place haven't noticed the vibe he puts off. He acts like he really hates his job.
Despite all the positives, we can do better. We will not be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adobe Village Inn is a Boutique Hotel in the heart of the Red Rocks of Sedona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Adobe Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adobe Village Graham Hotel Sedona
- Adobe Village Inn Sedona, Arizona