“fantastic value and location”

The Inn Above Oak Creek
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Winnipeg
“fantastic value and location”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This Inn was recently taken over by new owners and they are obviously passionate about serving their guests. The rooms have been recently renovated with new furniture, beds and decor. All rooms have a gas fireplace with a convenient wall switch. Great for romance. We got a creekside room which I recommend for the quiet and the view. The creek-side rooms have a balcony with table and chairs, great for eating our takeout pizza with a glass of wine.The location is absolutely supreme , right in the "y" area of Sedona and walking distance to great shops. The Inn serves a continental breakfast of juice, coffee with danishes, muffins or bagels along with fruit. Lovely lobby, again with great decor and a fireplace. The staff will eagerly help you with all questions on the beautiful Sedona area. I heartily recommend this place!

3 Thank Carol4545

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Melrose, Montana
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The location of the Inn was great,close to everything. The owner Spencer was very nice. Chris the manger was very helpful,arranging trips,knowing the best restaurant,and just talking with everyone. I will be back,great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This review is for the Oak Creek Suite; I didn't get a chance to see the other rooms, but this one is was great. My wife literally gasped when she saw the room. It's more like someone's nice condo than a hotel room and that's because it is. Apparently, the old owner built this for his own residence, but the new owner, Spence decided he could get a better return by offering for people like me.

Our trip was in January and I knew I wanted a nice room since I knew we would spend a lot of time in the room because I don't think there's much nightlife in Sedona. The rate was incredible for what is essentially a two-story, self-contained condo which meant we got a lot of privacy.

The only thing that was lacking was that while the views of Oak Creek was nice, you can't see much of the famed rock formations from our room.

Anyway, I wholeheartedly recommend this place to anyone but advise going in the offseason when the rates are cheaper (and Sedona is less crowded).

Room Tip: Stay at the Oak Creek Suite! The premium (about 40-50% if I remember right) is worth it!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
jsromine, Owner at The Inn Above Oak Creek, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
WOW! Thank you so much for your kind words! We always try to provide a great value and I am so thankful that we met that objective with you.
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Great location creek side!Spenser the owner and Chris the manager treated us very well even upgrading us the 2nd night of our stay to the luxurious 2flloor suite outstanding really enjoyed the various artwork and beautiful kitchen Also appreciated Chris suggesting a great restaurant Elote superb!thanks for everything really hope to return!i travel extensively as I work for an airline and I would highly recommend this property!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank 106maruth
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

For our first trip to Sedona we wanted to maximize access to the beauty that makes this place so popular. When we phoned to make our reservation for two rooms, he asked if we would like our rooms to overlook Oak Creek. Our comfortable, recently-updated rooms, each with its own fireplace, were simple and elegant. The balconies overlooking the creek gave us views of the stars, the trees, and loads of ducks (who seemed to be unbothered by the chilly November evening temperatures).

The living room/common space was comfortable and big enough to accommodate many more people than were staying there at the time. Tea, coffee, muffins and fruit were out all day long--a bonus for those of us who were burning calories on the trails during the day. The communal kitchen is underused and as a result, could probably use some extra TLC. But now that we know that we can cook for ourselves, we will probably plan to make our own meals next time. For all of the beautiful sites and galleries in Sedona, many of the restaurants felt overpriced for average but decent food. Why not make our own dinner and enjoy the stars without having to pay gratuity?

The Inn staff were kind, hospitable and knowledgeable. We started each day by asking for hike recommendations--and were thrilled with the results.

This place is a great value and a refreshing change from the overpriced, impersonal hotels that so many of us have become accustomed to in our travels. We are looking forward to our next stay at the Inn on Oak Creek.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam A
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Decided to drive up to Sedona from Phoenix for a relaxing Sunday overnight and tried the Inn on Oak Creek (also known as the Inn Above Oak Creek). What a wonderful experience and we stayed in the Oak Creek Suite. Amazing night here and highly recommend!! It's a beautiful small hotel sitting right over Oak Creek (as the name suggests) with great views and a calming atmosphere. Very quite, the owners are great and the room was spectacular.

The suite has two levels with balconies, fireplaces, a beautiful kitchen and an enormous bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. The bathroom floors are even heated, which is a nice touch. In the morning a great continental breakfast selection was served in the main part of the hotel (the living room) where you can again relax by a fire or hang out on the outside deck.

Perfectly located with lots to do within a very short walking distance. Next time you're looking for a relaxing, quite and romantic place to stay I highly recommend this place. The only noise heard was the peaceful sounds of the ducks in the creek. Will certainly be staying here again!!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Oak Creek Suite however the rest of the hotel is great too and I'm sure the...
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was eager to find something special in Sedona to celebrate the New Year in style, so I did a lot of research before deciding on the "Oak Creek Suite" at the Inn on Oak Creek.

And I'm so glad I did!!

For only a little more than I would have spent on a typical Sedona hotel room, my girlfriend and I were able to stay in this amazing suite filled with all the luxuries we possibly could have imagined!!

This two story suite has patios on each level, both offering great views of Oak Creek. And each level has its own gas fireplace.

The kitchen and dining area were so beautiful, we opted out of eating at any of the many fine restaurants Sedona has to offer because none could possibly have matched the quiet and luxurious ambience we had in our own room!

The one thing my girlfriend had asked for was a room with access to a hot tub or Jacuzzi.

Jackpot... this suite has an amazing two person Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom that is roomy and it has all the bells and whistles you could possibly imagine. The bathroom also has a very spacious walk-in shower with multiple shower heads.

I was initially concerned we might hear traffic noise as we slept because the hotel is located on the main thoroughfare, but it is so well constructed, that wasn't the case at all. In fact, it was one of the quietest rooms in which I've ever stayed.

If you're looking for something special in Sedona, this suite is definitely IT!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple