“Cozy, friendly spot above Oak Creek”

The Inn Above Oak Creek
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Our visit to Sedona was bookended by a homey, friendly stay in the recently renewed Inn Over Oak Creek, or On Oak Creek...a little confusing as the new owners establish their identity.
The rooms small but sparkling clean and well outfitted. It was cold when we were visiting and we made great use of the fireplace.
The continental breakfast is generous and fresh. There is a communal kitchen for ice, microwave, refrigerator, etc. The owners are warm and very knowledgeable about Sedona and environs

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We came up from Scottsdale and stayed here over a weekend in January. What a magical place to stay in!!!! The Inn was situated above the creek with fantastic views of the mountains, and Tlaquepaque. Perfectly located near all the amazing trails, and restaurants so there was very little driving. Our room was creekside with a balcony, modern and comfortable, gas fireplace, large picture windows that offered gorgeous Sedona views, and a VERY large jacuzzi tub (request room 12!!!!). They offered a simple breakfast spread that was set up downstairs until 10am-I was able to run downstairs barefoot in my PJs, and bring it to my room for a little breakfast in bed overlooking the creek! In the evening before we went to dinner, we were able walk down the wooden stairs, and enjoy a romantic glass of wine (that we brought) creekside in their comfy wooden chairs. The management and staff were incredibly nice and accommodating; I felt so at home and taken care of! We are in Sedona frequently bc we live only a short drive away in Scottsdale, AZ, and I cant imagine staying anywhere else from here on out!! We have stayed in all the big, expensive, predictable resorts in Sedona, and they just don't hold a candle to The Inn on Oak Creek. We are truly lucky to have found this gem, and we cant wait to book our next trip!

4  Thank Kimberly S
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for four nights during our trip to Sedona and were very pleased with the Inn on Oak Creek. Check in was smooth, the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the region and the room was great. We had a creek side room with a balcony and it was lovely. The fireplace in the room was a great touch and the jacuzzi bathtub was great after hiking during the days. My only criticism was that the sink was outside the bathroom which was a bit inconvenient if you need to get a drink of water in the middle of the night without waking my girlfriend up. But I understand that due to space that was probably an unavoidable choice. We felt that for the price this place was a great value compared to others we saw online for $300/night or more.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Berto1019
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This Inn was recently taken over by new owners and they are obviously passionate about serving their guests. The rooms have been recently renovated with new furniture, beds and decor. All rooms have a gas fireplace with a convenient wall switch. Great for romance. We got a creekside room which I recommend for the quiet and the view. The creek-side rooms have a balcony with table and chairs, great for eating our takeout pizza with a glass of wine.The location is absolutely supreme , right in the "y" area of Sedona and walking distance to great shops. The Inn serves a continental breakfast of juice, coffee with danishes, muffins or bagels along with fruit. Lovely lobby, again with great decor and a fireplace. The staff will eagerly help you with all questions on the beautiful Sedona area. I heartily recommend this place!

3  Thank Carol4545
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The location of the Inn was great,close to everything. The owner Spencer was very nice. Chris the manger was very helpful,arranging trips,knowing the best restaurant,and just talking with everyone. I will be back,great stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This review is for the Oak Creek Suite; I didn't get a chance to see the other rooms, but this one is was great. My wife literally gasped when she saw the room. It's more like someone's nice condo than a hotel room and that's because it is. Apparently, the old owner built this for his own residence, but the new owner, Spence decided he could get a better return by offering for people like me.

Our trip was in January and I knew I wanted a nice room since I knew we would spend a lot of time in the room because I don't think there's much nightlife in Sedona. The rate was incredible for what is essentially a two-story, self-contained condo which meant we got a lot of privacy.

The only thing that was lacking was that while the views of Oak Creek was nice, you can't see much of the famed rock formations from our room.

Anyway, I wholeheartedly recommend this place to anyone but advise going in the offseason when the rates are cheaper (and Sedona is less crowded).

Room Tip: Stay at the Oak Creek Suite! The premium (about 40-50% if I remember right) is worth it!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
jsromine, Owner at The Inn Above Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

WOW! Thank you so much for your kind words! We always try to provide a great value and I am so thankful that we met that objective with you.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Great location creek side!Spenser the owner and Chris the manager treated us very well even upgrading us the 2nd night of our stay to the luxurious 2flloor suite outstanding really enjoyed the various artwork and beautiful kitchen Also appreciated Chris suggesting a great restaurant Elote superb!thanks for everything really hope to return!i travel extensively as I work for an airline and I would highly recommend this property!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014