“Incredibly relaxing and peaceful!”

The Inn Above Oak Creek
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for two nights and were thoroughly impressed with all facets of our stay. I have a pretty stressful career and needed a relaxing get away and this place hit the nail on the head. Our room was absolutely beautiful. They were testing a new air conditioning system in our room, which worked perfectly for us, as we like to keep the temperature around 65. We slept like babies and couldn't hear a peep from anyone else in the building. The shower was spacious and powerful for me and my wife enjoyed the deep, jacuzzi tub for her relaxation. The sitting area underneath the trees and beside the creek was very tranquil and I could almost feel my blood pressure dropping by the minute as we sat there. Chris, the inn keeper, was very helpful and knowledgable of the area and Lacy kept the place beautiful inside. I also enjoyed spending time with Spence, the owner, hearing his story of the facility and how it has grown. We even got to meet Jose, the maintenance engineer, who keeps everything humming!
Overall, a very beautiful and relaxing place that we'll be sure to revisit as often as possible. My wife is already in the planning process for our next trip!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Thank you Trip Advisor reviewers! You are worthy of a finders’ fee for this gem.

From Highway 179 the Inn looks like a gray apartment building. I have to admit that I passed it the first time I drove by. But the other side of the Inn faces Oak Creek with a wonderful, peaceful view of the creek, its duck denizens, and the red rocks in the distance. I was tempted to linger all morning on the deck, and sunsets here were better than at Airport mesa.

My room interior was equally superb: plenty of windows, great lighting, comfy chairs and bed, a fireplace. The room was matched with excellent housekeeping and reliable notes on local places from Chris the manager.

Oh, I forgot to mention the bathroom and bathtub. On our third day of hiking, after a dusty morning on the Bear Mountain trail, one of my hiking buddies (who was staying elsewhere) remarked, “I’d give anything to find a Jacuzzi back in town.” Hmm, thought I to myself, there is one in my hotel room!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank wheninroam
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Inn was totally remodeled last year, rooms are spotless. Based on reviews we took the days available after staying at another hotel earlier in the week. This inn is the easiest way to relax while in Sedona. Its within walking distance of Elote and Oak Creek Brewery and the gallery across the street should not be missed. Back to the Inn, after checking in your free to use the outdoor patio, the indoor great room, the hammock or the two adirondack chairs, or the balcony above the creek on creekside rooms. We had room 5, loved it but if you can try for the best room with a view-room 11. When we go back it will definitely be back to the Inn. Read the other reviews, I thank and trust the ones that led me to the Inn on Oak Creek.

Room Tip: room 11 best view with biggest windows , then 12, 6 or 5. all creekside
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked this based on Trip Advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. It's a perfect little Bed & Breakfast, such a great location. 5 minute drive to Cathedral Rock, 3 minute drive to Main street shops, 10 minute drive to Slide Rock.

Spring for a King creekside room. The balcony over the creek had gorgeous views, the furniture and decor were so modern and high end like an HGTV magazine spread or something. I have stayed in 4+ hotels per year for the last 10 years and this was HANDS DOWN the most comfortable bed I have ever been in!!! I seriously might write the owner and ask what brand it is so I can buy one. The manager was super friendly, we mentioned we had been driving all day and just wanted to order food and he wrote down a few take out options for us. If I lived on that half of the country, I'd be back all the time.

1  Thank spicysalmonroll
jsromine, Owner at The Inn Above Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

We appreciate your kind words.
When we bought the property in August and started on the renovations, we immediately bought brand new mattresses. A comfortable night's sleep can never be taken for granted!
Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed in the Oak Creek Suite, this unit is amazing! It is two levels, that sits on the creek. It has a huge kitchen, two decks and an awesome master bathroom with a multi spray shower. We will definitely try and stay here on our next visit to beautiful Sedona.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife I had a weekend getaway at The Inn on Oak Creek, I recommend this to couples and families as the rooms sit above Oak Creek with private access to the water. The location is ideal with great food and shopping all in within walking distance. The breakfast room/lobby has continental breakfast with a beatiful deck to enjoy sunny Sedona. The room was very comfortable and clean. Its the perfect getaway place!

Room Tip: The top floor balcony view is Spectacular.
1  Thank brad w
jsromine, Owner at The Inn Above Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Many thanks for your review, Brad. So glad you enjoyed the views and the peacefulness that our little Inn provides!
Hope to see you and your wife again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

In town with my mother for a mother daughter get away and this place could not have been more perfect. Chris who checked us in was very welcoming and took his time showing us around. Our room was newly renovated in soft calming colors. We loved the special touches of wine glasses, bottle opener and Bath & Body Works for toiletries. We spent the day out hiking and it was so nice to come home to this lush spot slightly off the main hustle and bustle of town. Got to meet the owner as we checked out and I really appreciated his and the staffs pride, investment and attention to detail you just don't get in the chains anyone. My mom and I would both stay here again in a second and hope we get the chance again someday! If were in Sedona this is our new home away from home.

Room Tip: Might want to avoid the main floor room next to the lobby area. It's lovely but maybe a little n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends