“Great Hotel, Nice Owner”

The Inn Above Oak Creek
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I loved our room for my girlfriend and I on our anniversary. We love Sedona and love the Hotel. We got to meet the owner, who owns a few other hotels in FL and CA. Would love to visit his other hotels as well. Only minus is we couldn't bring our pets, but I also understand why being such a small hotel.

1  Thank Dana A

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Booked this stay after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and our experience exceeded our expectations. I can't say enough positive things about the hospitality, comfort and location of the Inn on Oak Creek. Spence was very helpful in planning a very special few days including restaurant recommendations, suggestions for hikes and where to go while in the Sedona area. He promptly return multiple emails prior to our stay and continually checked in with us while we were there to make sure we were having a great stay. The Inn is in a great location, away from some of the more "touristy" locations of Sedona and there is ample parking. The room was so comfortable, the morning continental breakfast was great, not to mention the amazing views we had! I can't recommend this location enough and look to return sooner rather than later. If you are going to Sedona do yourself a favor and stay at the Inn on Oak Creek, it makes a visit to a great destination even better!

3  Thank Jason N
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We can confirm all the fantastic reviews. We've stayed at many large, world class hotels, but for seeing Sedona this is the perfect place. Like many others, my wife used the word "charming" over and over it to describe this Inn. Tastefully decorated rooms overlook the red rock and creek. We had a corner room (#12, I think) that overlooked both--but I could tell all the room views were nice. There is a large downstairs common area with many indoor and outdoor places to sit and read, sit and write, sit and look--or stroll around the grounds. There is a quaint village of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance.

All the good things others have said about the staff are true. Will was absolutely terrific in checking us in and making sure we had everything we needed, and even going the extra mile to correct an AC problem, by climbing up on a twelve foot ledge to reach the vent (the ceiling in our room was nice and high). Spence the owner knows how to run an Inn in a way that makes people feel at home. We look forward to returning some day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank travel2getherx3
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Truly was one of our favorite stops on our adventures while in the west. It's a beautiful Inn, amazing room, with a wonderful view, from the balcony we had Oak creek/red rock view during day and a plethora stars at night. Spence was very helpful, had great advice on places nearby and parks. Planning on staying there anytime we return to Sedona!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am so thrilled to share my incredible experience lodging at The Inn On Oak Creek. Its beautiful!!The grounds were immaculate and breathtaking, you are completely engrossed in nature. Once inside you immediately feel at home and at peace, the decor and the use of colors reflect the natural beauty of Sedona Arizona. We had all the comforts of home and the staff was so helpful. I'd like to thank Mr Will Kramer for being so wonderful and fulfilling all of our wishes! Thankyou for an amazing stay which contributed greatly to an overall unforgettable vacation.

Room Tip: We chose the one suite on the property and it as the best choice!! The bedroom was on the lower leve...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Babette D
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have rearranged our trip to be able to come back to this charming place. I have stayed 3 times, and each time was upgraded. The rooms overlooking the creek are spectacular. The staff has southern hospitality (since that is where most of them are from). Absolutely one of the best places I have stayed. I will definitely return again!

Room Tip: Overlooking the creek have spectacular views.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had the pleasure of spending my birthday weekend in the Oak Creek Suite at the Inn Above Oak Creek. It was the most beautiful suite I have ever been in, it had everything I could have asked for. A gourmet kitchen, jacuzzi tube for two, large walk-in closets and all the comforts of home. The manger Will was warm a friendly, making us feel welcome and among friends. The suite was the icing on my birthday cake.

Thank you!!!