“Comfortable and Nice!”

Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
springfield mo
“Comfortable and Nice!”
Reviewed 3 November 2010

We had a king jacuzzi room on the bottom floor. The room was spotless and had everything in it to be comfortable. Loved the jacuzzi after a day's hiking as well as the robes to lounge in. The room had a small patio area with a table and two chairs where you could enjoy a snack or coffee while enjoying the view. Yes, it overlooks the parking lot, but there really isn't much traffic because the place just isn't that big.

We enjoyed the breakfast in the room above the lobby. Didn't try out the computer room. The Inn is located on the west side of Sedona not right in the middle of everything, which I believe is a good thing. Sedona just isn't that big to matter about driving distances.

The only minor complaint was that the room closet was so dark I couldn't see the contents of my suitcase. But, that is a small complaint. Overall, I would stay here again. The nearby Safeway is new and has anything you could possibly need to stock the small frig in the room. No microwave, however.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I met my best friend for a long weekend and we were not looking for anything fancy so selected Southwest Inn after reading the reviews on TA and based on price compared to other hotels. This was our first trip to Sedona and we really enjoyed it!

If you are looking for a resort then don't stay here-I'm not sure why some of the reviewers are complaining b/c it's not advertised as a full service resort. Sedona is pretty small and "T" shaped but easy to get around. We found the location convenient. We rented a car so easy to see the surrounding sites and get to the center of town. It is NOT walking distance though but we were aware of that. Parking is also free in town. There is a Safeway just down the street if you need snacks, drinks, etc and they do have a small fridge in the room.

We enjoyed breakfast-loved the burritos. It was a nice change from the greasy foods you tend to get as part of a hotel breakfast!

The front desk folks were also very helpful with places to eat around town, directions, etc.

While they don't have a spa, there is a masseuse that the hotel works with and she will come to the room. My friend got a massage and said it was one of the best! Her name was Chris and would highly recommend doing that.

They do offer free internet both upstairs from the lobby on their computers or in your room so you can print boarding passes, etc w/o a fee.

The only complaint I would have (if any) is we had a downstairs unit and we could hear the people upstairs-They walked around late at night and very early in the mornings. This was minor though and would not deter me from staying again or recommending to others...I would just book the upstairs unit next time :)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Baltimore
Reviewed 23 October 2010

My husband and I stayed in a second floor Mission King suite, which was a good move. You can see more of the red rocks from the small balcony. If you're looking for 24-room service and concierge service, don't go here. It's small and the front desk and lobby close at 9 PM. For the pros: The inn was nicely run and with same two people at the front desk, they got to know who we were and they were very helpful with information about the Sedona area. The king bed was comfortable, the small refrigerator was nice to have, there were nice robes to wear, and the bathroom was very large with lots of nice towels. On the con side: although the room was very nice, I wouldn't call it a suite exactly, in that there were two rooms and that included the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom, there weren't any hooks to hang up towels or the aforementioned robes, so that was a bit inconvenient. These, however, were relatively minor. The biggest con was that their WiFi service was spotty. Granted, this was a couple of days after they had record hail storms, so that may have something to do with that. We did say something and the management was very apologetic about it and gave us Starbucks gift card to make up for the inconvenience. All in all, though, we had a great time in Sedona.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 10 October 2010

because compared to the pricing of decent lodging in the area this place was a great find. Extremely well kept, spotless with very attentive staff. The first place when arriving from the south, it's away from the busier activity up farther, but not too far away from anything. The sidewalks roll up around 10pm, a smattering of places 12am.

Trafford
Reviewed 8 October 2010

This little inn at the end of Red Rock Canyon was wonderful. The rooms are a tad small, but nicely decorated with southwestern themes. Our room had a jacuzzi tub, which was nice, as was the outdoor hot tub.

The staff here definitely understand customer service. From the surprise bottle of sparkling cider and card for our anniversary to their suggestions for dinner and sightseeing in the area, everyone went out of their way to be sure that our short 1 night stay was top notch. Definitely put this place on your short list.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We enjoyed our stay here, but it is not a "resort" where you want to spend the day on the grounds. It is a nice place to stay and relax after a day of sightseeing. The room was a good size with a very comfortable bed. The free wireless offered worked fine for us.We were on the 2nd floor, and as others have said, it overlooks the parking lot, and the view of the red rocks is beyond that.The pool is very small, and not that inviting, so if a good pool is a must, this is not the place. We enjoyed the breakfast. I found the oatmeal good, and also the homemade belgium waffles and the burritos were good. Yes, you have to microwave them yourself, but that is no big deal, and I heard many people raving about them.I would definitely recommend this place, but personally, next time I would stay in a hotel closer to town.I just enjoy being able to walk to more things and Southwest Inn is a drive into town.

New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I guess because of all of the great reviews on trip advisor I was expecting more of the "Inn" which is really just a motel and I was somewhat dissapointed. The rooms were clean and spacious although dated. The very small pool was too cold to swim in even though the temperature of the air was high in the 90's. The motel is on a very busy street which is noisy. The breakfast was certainly nothing special with just waffles, toast or english muffins, cereal,bananas or apples and the burritos which you had to heat in the microwave for 2 minutes and was not very good, I guess I was expecting homemade. Just O.K but nothing special.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2dumbpugs, Owner at Southwest Inn at Sedona, responded to this review, 17 October 2010
Hello, as one of the owners I take great pride in our own freshly prepared Taraumara Burritos. They are currently the subject of the New York Times best seller, "Born to Run". We prepare them fresh everyday; the ingredients are stated to be one of the most perfect food combination's found in the world. My family eats these burritos as a staple in our diet: we might not have the results of the Taraumara Indians, who routinely run 60 miles "a day", but we do OK by most standards of personal performance. If your in town, come by for a Taraumara Burrito, and then we can take a little run up to the top of Bear Mountain!!